Page 134 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What's the inequality?
    "Civil Union" has two words, ten letters and a space.

    "Marriage" is one eight letter word.

    Saying "we're going to get civil unioned tomorrow" is just weird, as is writing "civil unioned" on the back of your car.

    Telling the hotel clerk that you were "civil unioned" is kind of freaky, too.

    Telling your friends that you're the best man at someone's "civil unioning" is both kind of awkward and might be misconstrued, too. You might leave them wondering if you're the bottom or the top, instead of just an adjunct for the two players.

    And telling your aggressive secretary that you're a happily "civil unioned" man will just cause him to crack up.

    And in the area of apparal, would the "union suit", you know, the long johns with the flap in the back, take on a whole new image in the eyes of the public?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 01-20-10 at 08:27 PM.

  2. #1332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I guess we have discussed the difference a thousand times........Civil Unions can give you all the benefits of marriage....The people might approve them but at this time they will never gor for marriage for gays for the reasons I have mentioned in this thread a dozen times............
    "The People" don't have an interest in telling others who they can "civil union" or not.

  3. #1333
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "The People" don't have an interest in telling others who they can "civil union" or not.
    You lost me on that one...............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "Civil Union" has two words, ten letters and a space.

    "Marriage" is one eight letter word.

    Saying "we're going to get civil unioned tomorrow" is just weird, as is writing "civil unioned" on the back of your car.

    Telling the hotel clerk that you were "civil unioned" is kind of freaky, too.

    Telling your friends that you're the best man at someone's "civil unioning" is both kind of awkward and might be misconstrued, too. You might leave them wondering if you're the bottom or the top, instead of just an adjunct for the two players.

    And telling your aggressive secretary that you're a happily "civil unioned" man will just cause him to crack up.

    And in the area of apparal, would the "union suit", you know, the long johns with the flap in the back, take on a whole new image in the eyes of the public?
    Dude, you are just cracking me up today. Who are you and what have you done with the real Scarecrow Akhbar? LOL

  5. #1335
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "Civil Union" has two words, ten letters and a space.

    "Marriage" is one eight letter word.

    Saying "we're going to get civil unioned tomorrow" is just weird, as is writing "civil unioned" on the back of your car.

    Telling the hotel clerk that you were "civil unioned" is kind of freaky, too.

    Telling your friends that you're the best man at someone's "civil unioning" is both kind of awkward and might be misconstrued, too. You might leave them wondering if you're the bottom or the top, instead of just an adjunct for the two players.

    And telling your aggressive secretary that you're a happily "civil unioned" man will just cause him to crack up.

    And in the area of apparal, would the "union suit", you know, the long johns with the flap in the back, take on a whole new image in the eyes of the public?
    You find it funny but I don't think most gay people that want equal rights find it as laughable as you do...........Whoops belay my last.........I guess jallman does find it funny.......
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 01-20-10 at 08:31 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1336
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "Civil Union" has two words, ten letters and a space.

    "Marriage" is one eight letter word.

    Saying "we're going to get civil unioned tomorrow" is just weird, as is writing "civil unioned" on the back of your car.

    Telling the hotel clerk that you were "civil unioned" is kind of freaky, too.

    Telling your friends that you're the best man at someone's "civil unioning" is both kind of awkward and might be misconstrued, too. You might leave them wondering if you're the bottom or the top, instead of just an adjunct for the two players.

    And telling your aggressive secretary that you're a happily "civil unioned" man will just cause him to crack up.

    And in the area of apparal, would the "union suit", you know, the long johns with the flap in the back, take on a whole new image in the eyes of the public?
    Try it for a say 4 or 5 years first. I'm sure someone crafty will come out with a cool abbreviated version or some catchy metaphor like "Queued" a play on CU or the like. It'll grow on people.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #1337
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Separate is never equal. That's the lesson we learned from Segregation.

  8. #1338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You find it funny but I don't think most gay people that want equal rights find it as laughable as you do...........Whoops belay my last.........I guess jallman does find it funny.......
    Come on, man. You got to at least have a sense of humor about things or you end up in a bad way. You didn't think the "union suit" comment was friggin hilarious?

  9. #1339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Try it for a say 4 or 5 years first. I'm sure someone crafty will come out with a cool abbreviated version or some catchy metaphor like "Queued" a play on CU or the like. It'll grow on people.
    Nah, I think what will happen is that it will become a brand of resentment rather than anything "catchy". It will take on the same offensive meaning as saying "Back of the bus, Rosa".

  10. #1340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    University of San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-14-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Separate is never equal. That's the lesson we learned from Segregation.
    So women and men bathrooms; separate and not equal? Interesting position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •