Page 132 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1311
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its like Jallman says...the only reason they don't have a problem with civil unions is because of the very real "threat" of gay marriage. If gays compromise and accept civil unions, you can bet that the right-wing will begin a campaign to neuter civil unions of any meaning.
    Wrong, to me civil unions have nothing to do with gay marriage or marriage.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1312
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Jallman I see you gave DD a thanks for his post....He is exactly what I am talking about that is hurting your chances to get civil unions with equal rights.........He is extreme on the subject and believe me he turns people off that might be sympathetic to your cause......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1313
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Give the guy a break he is multi tasking play chess and dodge ball at the same time.
    All these comedians out of work and then you have Winston.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wrong, to me civil unions have nothing to do with gay marriage or marriage.........
    Navy, understand this...while you might be a good person at heart and have only fairness and justice in mind while trying to preserve your own traditions, there are others in this country who are not as noble and they have been the ones driving the debate.

    I fully understand that your apprehension is about making certain that your religious and cultural traditions remain intact. I also understand that in expressing that apprehension, you do your best to remain respectful of those around you. You are not the issue here because you aren't one of the jackoffs we're talking about.

    Basically, disney's and my issue is with people that head up these so-called "protect the family" lobbies who run around collecting church money by falsely telling people, who otherwise would not care, that homosexuals are leading a charge to destroy their way or life, molest their kids, have their kids taught to be homosexuals in school...basically stopping just short of telling people that we eat babies and rape puppies for fun because we know it makes Baby Jesus cry. They whip up these mobs against the eeeebul vampire homosexuals and convince them the only way to save society is to go and do something wholly unAmerican...vote AWAY the rights of individuals.

    If that were being done to you about, say...men who have asian wives...wouldn't you be a little contrary and mistrustful of the idea of compromise?

  5. #1315
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Navy, understand this...while you might be a good person at heart and have only fairness and justice in mind while trying to preserve your own traditions, there are others in this country who are not as noble and they have been the ones driving the debate.

    I fully understand that your apprehension is about making certain that your religious and cultural traditions remain intact. I also understand that in expressing that apprehension, you do your best to remain respectful of those around you. You are not the issue here because you aren't one of the jackoffs we're talking about.

    Basically, disney's and my issue is with people that head up these so-called "protect the family" lobbies who run around collecting church money by falsely telling people, who otherwise would not care, that homosexuals are leading a charge to destroy their way or life, molest their kids, have their kids taught to be homosexuals in school...basically stopping just short of telling people that we eat babies and rape puppies for fun because we know it makes Baby Jesus cry. They whip up these mobs against the eeeebul vampire homosexuals and convince them the only way to save society is to go and do something wholly unAmerican...vote AWAY the rights of individuals.

    If that were being done to you about, say...men who have asian wives...wouldn't you be a little contrary and mistrustful of the idea of compromise?
    OK if you feel that way...I tried......You need people just like me to help you in this situation...Like my friend Dave said you don't need DD because all people like him do is fire up the opposition to gay marriage and even Civil Unions....You take a step at a time... Gays have made great strides in this country in their fight for equal rights and far left militants have not helped..Hell I can remember when I was a kid a gay person would never admit it for fear of getting beat up......Those days are pretty much gone.......

    As far as men having asian wives to most people its just not the same thing and it infuriates people when the comparison is made and it does no good for your cause.........

    As I said I am for civil unions with equal rights but if I keep getting called over and over again I am a bigot or a homophobe I might change my mind on the issue as will many other people that are now sympathetic to your cause.......What is ironic its not gay people that are doing the name calling........Its "feel good" liberals who can go home at the end of the day and think to themselves.."Wow I am a great guy because I am helping poor oppressed gay people."

    In closing I will say pick your allies carefully my friend...........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 01-20-10 at 07:19 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1316
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    As I said I am for civil unions with equal rights but if I keep getting called over and over again I am a bigot or a homophobe.
    Well with all the slippery slope arguments like brother marrying sister, polygamy etc I'm curious as to why why you think civil unions are okay? Don't you think the same people would come out and argue for their civil union rights?

  7. #1317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    OK if you feel that way...I tried......You need people just like me to help you in this situation...Like my friend Dave said you don't need DD because all people like him do is fire up the opposition to gay marriage and even Civil Unions....You take a step at a time... Gays have made great strides in this country in their fight for equal rights and far left militants have not helped..Hell I can remember when I was a kid a gay person would never admit it for fear of getting beat up......Those days are pretty much gone.......

    As far as men having asian wives to most people its just not the same thing and it infuriates people when the comparison is made and it does no good for your cause.........

    As I said I am for civil unions with equal rights but if I keep getting called over and over again I am a bigot or a homophobe I might change my mind on the issue as will many other people that are now sympathetic to your cause.......What is ironic its not gay people that are doing the name calling........Its "feel good" liberals who can go home at the end of the day and think to themselves.."Wow I am a great guy because I am helping poor oppressed gay people."

    In closing I will say pick your allies carefully my friend...........
    I can agree with most of what you say. When have you ever heard me call you a homophobe or a bigot? In fact, how often do you see me EVER use those words unless they are explicitly warranted?

    And you are correct about another issue...I despise the way the liberal block tries to use gays as some political crusade to make themselves feel better. I can't even count the times, at this point, that I have been smeared and called an "Uncle Tom" by liberals who were apalled that I was not going to toe the party line...that it was aghast that I wasnt a good little fag and backed up their liberal agenda because that's what good little fags do. **** them.

    But you failed to note that my issue isn't with people like you. And your issue isn't with people like me. However, I am kinda tired of meeting your side half way in confronting the idiots on my side while your side lets the family values groups fun amok.

  8. #1318
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well with all the slippery slope arguments like brother marrying sister, polygamy etc I'm curious as to why why you think civil unions are okay? Don't you think the same people would come out and argue for their civil union rights?
    I doubt that they would, we would have to see...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #1319
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I doubt that they would, we would have to see...........
    I doubt they would
    ?

    Why wouldn't they. Give me a reason here.

  10. #1320
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    [QUOTE=jallman;1058498539]I can agree with most of what you say. When have you ever heard me call you a homophobe or a bigot? In fact, how often do you see me EVER use those words unless they are explicitly warranted?

    And you are correct about another issue...I despise the way the liberal block tries to use gays as some political crusade to make themselves feel better. I can't even count the times, at this point, that I have been smeared and called an "Uncle Tom" by liberals who were apalled that I was not going to toe the party line...that it was aghast that I wasnt a good little fag and backed up their liberal agenda because that's what good little fags do. **** them.

    But you failed to note that my issue isn't with people like you. And your issue isn't with people like me. However, I am kinda tired of meeting your side half way in confronting the idiots on my side while your side lets the family values groups fun amok.[/
    QUOTE]

    jallman its not the gay people in this forum that are the name callers, its the "Feel good" Liberals that do it.......Like I said there are thousands of us that are sympathetic to your plight...

    I am also a family values guy but I try and not judge anyone.. The judging will be done when one is in front of their maker....That is for me too..........As I have said many times what two consenting people do in the privacy of their bedroom be they straight or gay is their business.....God knows after 21 years in the Navy I have heard it all....

    I probably should not mention this but I recently spent a little time in the Naval Hospital where I was diagnosed with and inoperable heart problem so I might be meeting my maker sooner then I thought...I am 72 years old and have had a great life.....As a Roman Catholic I have made my peace with my God so I am fine and am peace with my situation..........Sorry to get off topic....

    I mentioned my friend Dave who is gay.....He is a 3 handicap on our golf team.......I am a 16 handicap which is the worse on our team and Dave and I usually partner up in matches......He is a great guy ans I am proud to call him my friend and I believe most gay men are exactly like him in that they want to live out their lives in peace and harmony and all they ask for is the same rights their fellow men have and believe Civil Unions with equal rights can accomplish this....

    I apologize for piling on DD but its him and people like him that are hurting your cause......
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 01-20-10 at 07:51 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •