Page 130 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1291
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    [QUOTE=jallman;1058497631]I am going with what's right. It took quite a while for me to see the error in my thought but what happened here in California pretty much did it for me. If the "pro family values" crowd had an ounce of morality among them, you would still see me right in the middle with your friend. However, they exposed themselves as opportunistic extremists that make up in fanaticism what they lack in dignity and nobility.

    And besides, Chief, you have lived long enough to know that being against the idea of "separate but equal" is historically a conservative concept.[/QUOTE]

    Some would say you have the same right they have.....You can marry anyone of the opposite sex......You are equal......You want a special right..........I am not really sure how I feel about that..I can see the point on both sides.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You do know there are thousands of people out there like me who want gays to have the same rights as married people but are geting turned off by the "Feel Good" liberals like Disney Dude and are beginning to say the hell with them......People have the rock solid beliefs on marriage.......Some day maybe 100 years down the road you might get marriage but you are not going to get it now.........
    .
    Interesting you think gays should have equal rights yet just call it a civil union...I wonder if your slippery slope arguments like brother "civil unioning" sister also apply to civil unions? And if not why not?

  3. #1293
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why wait 100 years to do what is the right thing to do?

    I know that some people hate change...but for America to truly be a great nation, discrimination must end.
    Because judging by what is happening in every state (31-0 against gay marriage so far) right now you are not going to get it done and like I said you are pissing people off with your demands.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1294
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Interesting you think gays should have equal rights yet just call it a civil union...I wonder if your slippery slope arguments like brother "civil unioning" sister also apply to civil unions? And if not why not?
    You call it a slippery slope which is the usual cop out, I call it a fact..Speaking for myself if I was single and had a daughter, son, or sister living with me and we could just go down to the nearest justice of the peace, get married and could get benefits of hundreds of dollars a month I would do it in a New York heartbeat..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You do know there are thousands of people out there like me who want gays to have the same rights as married people but are geting turned off by the "Feel Good" liberals like Disney Dude and are beginning to say the hell with them......People have the rock solid beliefs on marriage.......Some day maybe 100 years down the road you might get marriage but you are not going to get it now.........

    As far as California goes you know more about it then I do but I think people just got pissed off when they vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman and activist judges over rule the will of the people.......You keep going against what the majority wants in California you are only going to hurt the cause for civil unions with full benefits...........
    There is no more compromise with that lot. They exposed their campaign as being about hate, not about morality. If their campaign had really been about morality and belief in what was right, they wouldn't have resorted to such vile, underhanded tactics and base lies to inflame the lowest instincts of the population in what was a clear deceit and manipulation.

    I would love to see civil unions with all rights equal to marriage and an end to this asinine conflict. But that's not going to happen as long as you have those extremist jackasses on your side speaking for you. You can make this out to be the gays fault for having the audacity to stand up and demand equal treatment, but that does nothing to address the whole "family values" crowd who will never stop until they have curtailed all the rights of gay people and imposed their moral disapproval as law.

    Even if we were granted civil unions, do you not realize that the "family values" lobby will continue to push for the suppression of those rights that come with the civil union. However, if the institution is equal, right down to the name, then it will only hinder them in their efforts to hold up good citizens from peacefully enjoying their rights. I doubt they will make an attempt to suppress the rights within their own institution...though you never know. They don't seem to be the most rational kids on the block.

  6. #1296
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because judging by what is happening in every state (31-0 against gay marriage so far) right now you are not going to get it done and like I said you are pissing people off with your demands.......
    It doesn't answer why America should wait another 100 years to finally do the right thing.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #1297
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    There is no more compromise with that lot. They exposed their campaign as being about hate, not about morality. If their campaign had really been about morality and belief in what was right, they wouldn't have resorted to such vile, underhanded tactics and base lies to inflame the lowest instincts of the population in what was a clear deceit and manipulation.

    I would love to see civil unions with all rights equal to marriage and an end to this asinine conflict. But that's not going to happen as long as you have those extremist jackasses on your side speaking for you. You can make this out to be the gays fault for having the audacity to stand up and demand equal treatment, but that does nothing to address the whole "family values" crowd who will never stop until they have curtailed all the rights of gay people and imposed their moral disapproval as law.

    Even if we were granted civil unions, do you not realize that the "family values" lobby will continue to push for the suppression of those rights that come with the civil union. However, if the institution is equal, right down to the name, then it will only hinder them in their efforts to hold up good citizens from peacefully enjoying their rights. I doubt they will make an attempt to suppress the rights within their own institution...though you never know. They don't seem to be the most rational kids on the block.
    Which is EXACTLY why gays should never compromise for civil unions. You hit it perfectly Jall.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1298
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    There is no more compromise with that lot. They exposed their campaign as being about hate, not about morality. If their campaign had really been about morality and belief in what was right, they wouldn't have resorted to such vile, underhanded tactics and base lies to inflame the lowest instincts of the population in what was a clear deceit and manipulation.

    I would love to see civil unions with all rights equal to marriage and an end to this asinine conflict. But that's not going to happen as long as you have those extremist jackasses on your side speaking for you. You can make this out to be the gays fault for having the audacity to stand up and demand equal treatment, but that does nothing to address the whole "family values" crowd who will never stop until they have curtailed all the rights of gay people and imposed their moral disapproval as law.

    Even if we were granted civil unions, do you not realize that the "family values" lobby will continue to push for the suppression of those rights that come with the civil union. However, if the institution is equal, right down to the name, then it will only hinder them in their efforts to hold up good citizens from peacefully enjoying their rights. I doubt they will make an attempt to suppress the rights within their own institution...though you never know. They don't seem to be the most rational kids on the block.
    If rational gays got together and got rid of the "feel good liberals like DD" and took their cause to the proper authorities I believe you would have a good chance to get civil unions, but I also believe your chances are decreasing for civil unions because of the reasons I mentioned.........

    Just like my friend Dave (the guy on our golf team who sadly lost his partner a while back) says to the militant gays and the feel good liberals "Just shut the **** up".
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #1299
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You call it a slippery slope which is the usual cop out, I call it a fact..Speaking for myself if I was single and had a daughter, son, or sister living with me and we could just go down to the nearest justice of the peace, get married and could get benefits of hundreds of dollars a month I would do it in a New York heartbeat..........
    Slippery slope is just an easy way putting it that most people on both sides understand encompass several objections people against gay marriage have used yourself included. And you did not answer the question. Do these same arguments the slipperyt slope ones apply to civil unions as they do to marriage and if not why not?

  10. #1300
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It doesn't answer why America should wait another 100 years to finally do the right thing.
    Its like a ball game.....Your losing 31-0.......Mercy rule........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •