Page 127 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Do you pay taxes? Case closed..........
    Are you trying to say people on the left dont pay taxes?

  2. #1262
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Might want to specify that two human adults should have the right to marry. That way, the NAMBLA remark holds no water. Actually it doesn't anyway, because it is foolish to make the connection that strongly.


    Are Polygamysts adults?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1263
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Are you trying to say people on the left dont pay taxes?
    Come on you know better then that.....read what he said and read what I posted............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1264
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Did I mention your name?
    As a matter of fact, yes. You did so by quoting my post and using the 2nd person pronoun "you".

    And you thought grammar lessons ended when you left school

  5. #1265
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Are Polygamysts adults?
    Actually Navy...most of the marriages are not. Kinda defeats your argument there now doesn't it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #1266
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Actually Navy...most of the marriages are not. Kinda defeats your argument there now doesn't it.
    Where's your evidence for that?

    If you have none, that sounds like blatant religious bigotry.

    Besides, it has no more bearing on the question of polygamy between consenting adults than NAMBLA has on the question of same-sex marriage.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #1267
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Where's your evidence for that?

    If you have none, that sounds like blatant religious bigotry.

    Besides, it has no more bearing on the question of polygamy between consenting adults than NAMBLA has on the question of same-sex marriage.
    There shouldn't be laws against polygamy as long as it is between consenting adults. Why should the government have any involvement in it.

    BTW...I grew up in Utah...so I know a little something about polygamy. The problem that most people have with polygamists is that young women are married to older husbands in their young teens. Young males are driven out of the communities in order for the older males to remain in power.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1268
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There shouldn't be laws against polygamy as long as it is between consenting adults. Why should the government have any involvement in it.
    Then why are you spending so much time arguing about it?


    BTW...I grew up in Utah...so I know a little something about polygamy. The problem that most people have with polygamists is that young women are married to older husbands in their young teens. Young males are driven out of the communities in order for the older males to remain in power.
    Sounds like religious stereotyping to me.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #1269
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Actually Navy...most of the marriages are not. Kinda defeats your argument there now doesn't it.
    No one is for children marrying, I am talking about adults and you know it.........don't try and muddy the water like you always do..........Your not in court now............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #1270
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Then why are you spending so much time arguing about it?




    Sounds like religious stereotyping to me.
    When have I been arguing about it? Find me one post where I have argued against Polygamy.
    The only thing I've ever said is that polygamy and gay marriage would not be treated the same in equal protection analysis. Anyone who knows anything about the Supreme Court could tell you that.

    As for your second point. Its not religious stereotyping. If you follow Utah news it is a very widely known fact.
    Are there polygamists that don't fit this mold? Absolutely and again I don't have an issue with them. The problem that most people have with polygamy is the indoctrination of young teenage girls into the marriages
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •