Page 12 of 184 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Firstly, let's see some substantiation for this. Secondly, prove that gay is not normal. Also, if a church wants to do that, it is the church's business.



    Who says YOU have to be silent?
    7% does not make it normal. School officials say that christians can not interfere or say anything against it
    Last edited by ptif219; 01-07-10 at 11:14 PM.

  2. #112
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The problem with this argument is that gays are not trying to get to use the word marriage. They are trying to get all of the benefits that go along with being married. I look at the GM debate in a very pragmatic way. They could call gay marriage "oyster" for all I care. If the benefits are the same, GM has won. Staying mired in who gets to use the term marriage detracts from the real issue. Look at this thread. Perfect example of that. "We want to use the word marriage", "No, you can't". Rinse, repeat. And guess what? While this is happening, gay couples don't get the benefits. The problem with the pro-GM movement is that they look at things in a very black and white way rather than a shade of gray incremental assault. This along with focusing on discrimination rather than family is why they constantly lose.
    I disagree. While this is happening, gay lovers are gaining equal civil rights and proceeding down the path to the day when there will be equality under the law. I believe this outcome to be inevitable, but I also believe it will take time.

    You've already acknowledged that you judge the word 'marriage' to be irrelevant. It seems easy to acknowledge that other people of reason and good intention may come to another judgement.

    I believe the precedent set under the law that separate can never be equal, will in the end, prevail.
    Tiki Bar! Woot!
    Drinks are plenty, music is fine, and the company is first-rate

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    7% does not make it normal
    You have just defined the word "average". Tell us why it is not NORMAL.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #114
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Unfortunately no. I would love Obama to put a real liberal on the court. It isn't going to happen. Obama is a moderate. We knew that going into it. With the political climate in America today, it is unlikely a true liberal would be elected President. Obama's first choice was a moderate. I expect the next one will be as well.
    I can't believe you said that........Obama is the biggest Liberal by far to ever be president..........Your problem is he is not as far left as you, Cindy Sheehan , or Michael Moore.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #115
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I can't believe you said that........Obama is the biggest Liberal by far to ever be president..........Your problem is he is not as far left as you, Cindy Sheehan , or Michael Moore.........

    Nixon was more liberal than Obama.
    Tiki Bar! Woot!
    Drinks are plenty, music is fine, and the company is first-rate

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh please.....seriously....where do you get your information? Its too obvious that you listen to way too much right-wing propoganda.

    Look at her voting record. She is HARDLY a liberal. I wish she were...but she is extremely moderate. My only hope is that with a lifetime appointment, maybe there is a liberal side of her that will come out...but based on her history...I doubt it.
    Not liberal but moderate. That is code word for a liberal that is not liberal enough for the far left.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I disagree. While this is happening, gay lovers are gaining equal civil rights and proceeding down the path to the day when there will be equality under the law. I believe this outcome to be inevitable, but I also believe it will take time.

    You've already acknowledged that you judge the word 'marriage' to be irrelevant. It seems easy to acknowledge that other people of reason and good intention may come to another judgement.

    I believe the precedent set under the law that separate can never be equal, will in the end, prevail.
    Well we're going to have to disagree on this one. I'd rather see gay couples get all of the benefits of marriage rather than not because they spend so much time fighting over a word. I agree that it is idiotic on BOTH sides, but by bypassing this issue, it is far easier to achieve the ultimate goal. Look at NJ.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not in the least is it a fact. But let's see your evidence.
    What is not fact show proof

  9. #119
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,137

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I can't believe you said that........Obama is the biggest Liberal by far to ever be president..........Your problem is he is not as far left as you, Cindy Sheehan , or Michael Moore.........
    Oh please...Navy....not even close. Bill Clinton was more liberal than Obama...and Clinton wasn't even close to being liberal.

    Hilary was more "liberal" than Obama....and Hilary was no liberal.

    You guys that are so ultra right-wing think right-leaning moderates are "liberal"....you toss the word around so much that it really has no meaning. We've all seen what you refer to as liberal.....(similar to what you refer to as Huge.... }
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its not even CLOSE to the facts. Its just the right-wing propoganda that you are regurgitating out because you feel that that's what you should do to be a real patriot soldier for Hannity.
    I don't even like Hannity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •