Page 117 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1161
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    These are your own words Harshaw.

    " It only disqualified certain people from entering into it with other people."

    Isn't that exactly what the anti gay marriage folk are doing? Disqualifying certain people from entering into marriage with other people?

    Of course....you will try to spin the definition to fit your limited views. The reality is...these are your own words and they are coming back to bite you in the ass.

    That's all anyone needs to now.
    This is pathetic. I've already dealt with this entire line of argument. Simply repeating what you said does not dispense with what I said. If anyone still cares, they can read it for themselves.

    I presented my argument. Your misrepresentation of it, or refusal even to acknowledge it, is either willful or from an inability to understand it. You claim to be lawyer, so it must be willful. But in truth, I don't care either way, because either way, you have no good faith in this argument. Not for the first time, of course.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #1162
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Oh, and my "limited views." I knew it would come to that. You assume, that because I don't buy every single argument for same-sex marriage, even though I twice pointed out the argument I think does work, I must be some kind of seething, bigoted homophobe. Of course. It was inevitable. You are apparently quite incapable of entertaining any ideas outside your OWN views.

    My views concern Constitutional interpretation well beyond any single issue, because it's far more important than any single issue, no matter how passionate you personally happen to be about it.
    Last edited by Harshaw; 01-15-10 at 02:10 AM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #1163
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Originally Posted by disneydude

    Isn't that exactly what the anti gay marriage folk are doing? Disqualifying certain people from entering into marriage with other people?
    Don't you Sir, disqualify certain people from entering marriage?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #1164
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Originally Posted by disneydude



    Don't you Sir, disqualify certain people from entering marriage?
    Oh goody. Here comes the polygamy/pedophilia argument.

  5. #1165
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Any arguments that it must lead to legalized pedophilia are easily dispensed with.

    Polygamy, not so much.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #1166
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh goody. Here comes the polygamy/pedophilia argument.
    Prior to any oh goody argument though, would be Disney's answer.

    And, my argument is one of process not polygamy or pedophilia. You both deny two people marriage for many different reasons and you use the government to do it. This isn't true?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #1167
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Prior to any oh goody argument though, would be Disney's answer.

    And, my argument is one of process not polygamy or pedophilia. You both deny two people marriage for many different reasons and you use the government to do it. This isn't true?
    Yes. I deny marriage that would not be markedly beneficial to families and society. Unfortunately for your argument, same sex marriage is beneficial to families and society.

  8. #1168
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yes. I deny marriage that would not be markedly beneficial to families and society.
    1) What other legal contract do you deny between two based on a beneficial to families argument?
    2) Is it the government you use to deny this...non-beneficial to families marriage?
    3) Guess this ends any government involved in marriage debate and whether the legislative branch of government should define what benefits society and family?
    4) Won't what's beneficial to families and society differ from community to community, state to state?
    5) Guess that ends any debate on whether this a state or federal issue?
    6) And who are you to deny anything based on your idea of "markedly beneficial" to society or families?


    Unfortunately for your argument, same sex marriage is beneficial to families and society.
    You can give me any evidence whatsoever polygamy isn't beneficial, it's been a reality in every culture. Can you accept others would argue you had no right to deny them a legal contract based on being already in one? You seem to be more than willing to define marriage based on your own moral compass and then deny others that same right. Cause you see, CT...this is the Right we should be holding dear. The Right of We the People to define our won institutions based on what we onsider beneficial to society. Different people will have different definitions and so through representation or referendum, we cut our teeth, define our culture..and we move on. I'm glad to see we can at least agree on that.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #1169
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Prior to any oh goody argument though, would be Disney's answer.

    And, my argument is one of process not polygamy or pedophilia. You both deny two people marriage for many different reasons and you use the government to do it. This isn't true?
    Charles is right. Thats my argument.

    Try to keep the beatings you take straight. (no pun intended)

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yes. I deny marriage that would not be markedly beneficial to families and society.
    Wow. You just lost in amazing color.

    You my friend just made a moral judgment, no different than people who make moral judgments against homosexual marriage.

    Welcome to the club

    Unfortunately for your argument, same sex marriage is beneficial to families and society.
    And another moral judgment! You are certainly on a roll.
    Last edited by texmaster; 01-15-10 at 09:56 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #1170
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    192

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Not surprising just a week after New Jersey showed gays the civil union door, there have been over a thousand posts here on the resulting thread. Read through a few and its the same advocates putting forth same statements just like they did after we defeated them here in California.

    The legal difference, taxations, and public social benefits between homosexual civil unions and heterosexual marriage may be equivalent in many states now, however it is important that they are not called the same thing. There are large numbers Christians who believe what their Bible says about the seriousness of marriage as directed by God. That God condemned a number of taboos as grave abominations including incest, adultery, and specifically men laying with men or women with women. To equate any of these taboo behaviors considered abominations to something we consider so important as marriage will never ever be acceptable to us despite how many liberal judges, politicians, or media personalities try to force such down our throats because the Bible is everlasting.
    Last edited by 70s_guy; 01-16-10 at 01:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •