Page 108 of 184 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1071
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The Captain at DP.



    Of course they could, it does not change my view so people like "critical thought" can just keep waisting time.

    Two men is not, and will never be a marraige in my eyes.
    Couldn't we argue that you are wasting our time as well, since we are not going to change our views due to your opinion?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #1072
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Couldn't we argue that you are wasting our time as well, since we are not going to change our views due to your opinion?
    No. I am not the one asking the questions or trying to change your views. I stated how I see it according to the original post. You and others decided I was wrong and put in your comments, and then asked the same questions over and over because for what ever reason you did not like my answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1073
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No. I am not the one asking the questions or trying to change your views. I stated how I see it according to the original post. You and others decided I was wrong and put in your comments, and then asked the same questions over and over because for what ever reason you did not like my answer.

    I am not trying to change your views, I am trying to point out the flaws so that open minded people might see the flaws in your views. That is a rather significant distinction. As far as the question, you have yet to answer how different is the same.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1074
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So? You were arguing that it was universally defined as between a man and a woman in this country. That is not true. Not a fact. Wrong.
    You have yet to prove this? So far it is just your opinion from 8 out of 50 states. The rest of the states would disagree as some have even gone so far as to write it into there Constitutions.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If you wish to make an Argumentum ad populum and argue that your definition is true because many people believe it, then have at it, but I prefer rational discussion.
    Which is pretty much what you tried to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    My argument was merely a counterargument to your fallacious statement. It served it's purpose, as is clear by your lack of rebuttal.
    No need, you are wrong according to the majority of the country and it's laws.

    Anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1075
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not trying to change your views, I am trying to point out the flaws so that open minded people might see the flaws in your views. That is a rather significant distinction. As far as the question, you have yet to answer how different is the same.
    The "flaw" is your opinion of the situation. So far you have not pointed out much but a group of surveys that may or may not be true.

    I have shown multiple times why it is not a marraige, and why it is not separate under the law. You are trying to say because it is not called "marraige" it is somehow separate. I have shown this is bogus and you ignore it.

    You choose not to like my answer for whatever reason, but you have shown nothing as of yet that proves it is separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #1076
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The "flaw" is your opinion of the situation. So far you have not pointed out much but a group of surveys that may or may not be true.

    I have shown multiple times why it is not a marraige, and why it is not separate under the law. You are trying to say because it is not called "marraige" it is somehow separate. I have shown this is bogus and you ignore it.

    You choose not to like my answer for whatever reason, but you have shown nothing as of yet that proves it is separate.
    Except that there are differences between a civil union and a marriage beyond the name. They are not the same. Further, as a state issue it does not address things of a federal nature, such as tax benefits.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1077
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except that there are differences between a civil union and a marriage beyond the name. They are not the same. Further, as a state issue it does not address things of a federal nature, such as tax benefits.
    This is a perfect example of you waisting my time Red.

    I have answered this multiple times...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058481436

    I see no problem with the Federal government accepting civil unions with the same benefits as states who honor them.

    This is not a Federal issue no matter how you try to spin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1078
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is a perfect example of you waisting my time Red.

    I have answered this multiple times...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058481436

    I see no problem with the Federal government accepting civil unions with the same benefits as states who honor them.

    This is not a Federal issue no matter how you try to spin it.
    Except that is not how things work now, and having different states with different rules creates all sorts of problems. Civil unions are not marriage, do not have the same rights as marriage, and if you do make them the same, why have a different name for the same thing?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #1079
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except that is not how things work now, and having different states with different rules creates all sorts of problems.
    This is how things work. Just because you don't want them to does not make it so.

    Each state is supposed to be it's own sovereign nation together under a small Federal government. Who's only purpose is to regulate commerce between the states and provide for a national defense.

    All the rest is supposed to be for each state to decide.

    That is what this nation was founded on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Civil unions are not marriage, do not have the same rights as marriage, and if you do make them the same, why have a different name for the same thing?
    Because two men or two women are not a marraige, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1080
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is how things work. Just because you don't want them to does not make it so.

    Each state is supposed to be it's own sovereign nation together under a small Federal government. Who's only purpose is to regulate commerce between the states and provide for a national defense.

    All the rest is supposed to be for each state to decide.

    That is what this nation was founded on.



    Because two men or two women are not a marraige, period.
    So what about the Full Faith and Credit clause?

    Article IV, Section 1 of the United States Constitution, commonly known as the Full Faith and Credit Clause, addresses the duties that states within the United States have to respect the "public acts, records, and judicial proceedings" of other states. According to the Supreme Court, there is a difference between the credit owed to laws (i.e. legislative measures and common law) as compared to the credit owed to judgments.

    Full Faith and Credit Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •