Page 107 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1061
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is only part of the big picture.
    It's totally irrelevant to the issue of gay marriage.

  2. #1062
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No I did not.



    I have gotten infractions for doing EXACTLY the same thing?

    Oh wait, you took my name out. Dose this make a difference?

    Seriously, I am asking not trying to insult you Cap.
    An infraction would occur if I did not identify that I changed your post. I did, indicating that what I wrote was NOT what you wrote; they were my comments. Doing that is OK. It's when someone misrepresents another's post without a disclaimer that problems will occur.

    No offense taken. You asked a question.



    It is a fact that a marraige is between a man and a woman. This is a fact under the law and traditions of this country.

    That is NOT an opinion.
    You did not indicate that you were speaking from a legal standpoint. If you were, then you are correct.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1063
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    An infraction would occur if I did not identify that I changed your post. I did, indicating that what I wrote was NOT what you wrote; they were my comments. Doing that is OK. It's when someone misrepresents another's post without a disclaimer that problems will occur.

    No offense taken. You asked a question.
    Ahhh OK.

    Blackdog, his eyes open!

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You did not indicate that you were speaking from a legal standpoint. If you were, then you are correct.
    Actually I was speaking purely from a religious, legal and traditional standpoint.

    To be honest don't know that much about the legal terms etc. but I am trying to understand.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-12-10 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1064
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    It's totally irrelevant to the issue of gay marriage.
    In your opinion, not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1065
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    In your opinion, not mine.
    But of course.

    I do find it amusing how you guys go back and forth on this issue. You guys are all wrong on this. Imagine if all of our rights were predicated on their benefit to society.

  6. #1066
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ahhh OK.

    Blackdog, his eyes open!
    Is that a Star Trek reference?



    Actually I was speaking purely from a religious, legal and traditional standpoint.

    To be honest don't know that much about the legal terms etc. but I am trying to understand.
    Legally, you would be correct... and this is justifiable and evidence-based in debate. Religious-wise and traditionally, you would also be correct, but when debating, these do not prove your position nor do they support the legal definition. They can be refuted through the use of logical fallacies.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1067
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is a fact that a marraige is between a man and a woman. This is a fact under the law and traditions of this country.

    That is NOT an opinion.
    Actually it is a fact that marriage is between two persons in 8 states, 5 of which have same sex marriage and 3 of which recognize same sex marriage from other states. It is also a fact that neither law nor tradition represent whether something is right or wrong. Slavery, segregation, and bans on interracial marriage were the tradition and law in this country at one point, but that did not make it right.

    Your legal, traditional, and religious argument are irrelevant to the issue of same sex marriage.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 01-12-10 at 07:11 AM.

  8. #1068
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually it is a fact that marriage is between two persons in 8 states, 5 of which have same sex marriage and 3 of which recognize same sex marriage from other states. It is also a fact that neither law nor tradition represent whether something is right or wrong. Slavery, segregation, and bans on interracial marriage were the tradition and law in this country at one point, but that did not make it right.

    Your legal, traditional, and religious argument are irrelevant to the issue of same sex marriage.
    8 out of 50 States.

    The only thing irrelevant here is your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #1069
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Is that a Star Trek reference?
    The Captain at DP.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Legally, you would be correct... and this is justifiable and evidence-based in debate. Religious-wise and traditionally, you would also be correct, but when debating, these do not prove your position nor do they support the legal definition. They can be refuted through the use of logical fallacies.
    Of course they could, it does not change my view so people like "critical thought" can just keep waisting time.

    Two men is not, and will never be a marraige in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    8 out of 50 States.
    So? You were arguing that it was universally defined as between a man and a woman in this country. That is not true. Not a fact. Wrong.

    If you wish to make an Argumentum ad populum and argue that your definition is true because many people believe it, then have at it, but I prefer rational discussion.

    The only thing irrelevant here is your argument.
    My argument was merely a counterargument to your fallacious statement. It served it's purpose, as is clear by your lack of rebuttal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •