Page 106 of 184 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1834

Thread: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

  1. #1051
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what?

    Makes no difference. I will take what I have seen over that.
    Yes, the couple gay people you have known are a much more reliable source than an actual study of data. I am sure you will draw a much more accurate picture from your lack of data than you ever could from real data.

    I hate with a passion people who, when confronted with facts that prove them wrong, just stick their fingers in their ears and go "NA NA NA NA NA" as loud as they can.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #1052
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, the couple gay people you have known are a much more reliable source than an actual study of data. I am sure you will draw a much more accurate picture from your lack of data than you ever could from real data.
    Maybe, maybe not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I hate with a passion people who, when confronted with facts that prove them wrong, just stick their fingers in their ears and go "NA NA NA NA NA" as loud as they can.
    You mean like you did with the whole "separate but equal" thing?

    The fact is I don't care because no matter what facts etc you post, it will not change the fact that a man with a man, or a woman with a woman does not make a marraige. It takes a man and a woman to make a marraige. Anything else is just a union of two people.

    I have also repeated many times I think it is a state, and not Federal issue.

    In the end I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it, really I don't.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-12-10 at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1053
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Anecdotal evidence is always of questionable value. Can't imagine why I would question the anecdotal evidence of some one whose anecdotal evidence confirms what he wants to believe, and flies in the face of the research done on the subject.



    You mean like you did with the whole "separate but equal" thing?

    The fact is I don't care because no matter what facts etc you post, it will not change the fact that a man with a man, or a woman with a woman does not make a marraige. It takes a man and a woman to make a marraige. Anything else is just a union of two people.

    I have also repeated many times I think it is a state, and not Federal issue.

    In the end I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it, really I don't.
    Your point with separate but equal was flawed.

    You are describing what you want marriage to be defined as. To me, two people who love each other and want to make a life commitment are married. Their genders are irrelevant.

    You have failed to show how it would work as a state issue. Are there, or are there not, federal benefits of marriage? Of course there are. As long as that is the case, then it is not a state issue. At some point, for gays to have the same benefits as strait couples, then it needs to be handled on a national level. State level is a cop out.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1054
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Please, you just went through this with Jerry.

    Go read his responces.

    I have seen no evidence at all that says the majority of gay couples want to adopt or raise children.

    I mean I admit I am going on anecdotal evidence from the gay community's in Chicago and San Fransisco. I lived in both places for years (how I got over my initial homophobia) and again I saw nothing that would lead me to believe your comment is true.
    I reject your anecdotal evidence. In fact, I'll see your anecdotal evidence with that of my own (from lots in the NYC area) and raise you plenty of research.

    I don't think you've got enough chips on the table to beat that, Blackdog.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #1055
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    The fact is I don't care because no matter what facts etc you post, it will not change the fact that a man with a man, or a woman with a woman does not make a marraige. It takes a man and a woman to make a marraige. Anything else is just a union of two people.
    You forgot to finish your sentence. Here, let me help:

    The fact is I don't care because no matter what facts etc you post, it will not change the fact that a man with a man, or a woman with a woman does not make a marraige. It takes a man and a woman to make a marraige. Anything else is just a union of two people IN MY OPINION.
    There. Much more accurate.

    I have also repeated many times I think it is a state, and not Federal issue.

    In the end I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it, really I don't.
    That's fine. As long as you understand that you are offering no facts, but just opinion, I can accept that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #1056
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Personally, I reject the separate but equal issue in this case, as long as this becomes a federal issue, and NOT a state issue. If that is the case, and all benefits are equal, all rights are equal, and all abilities are equal, they could call it macaroni and it would be fine.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1057
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is always of questionable value. Can't imagine why I would question the anecdotal evidence of some one whose anecdotal evidence confirms what he wants to believe, and flies in the face of the research done on the subject.
    Never said you should trust it. I am not trying to convince you of anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your point with separate but equal was flawed.
    Funny how you failed to show that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are describing what you want marriage to be defined as. To me, two people who love each other and want to make a life commitment are married. Their genders are irrelevant.
    No I am telling you what marraige has been defined as throughout our history in this country. It is or was a religious institution taken by the government when this was abused on the grounds of race.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have failed to show how it would work as a state issue.
    I have not shown it to be a state issue. I said it is a state issue?

    Sort of puts a wrinkle in your statemet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are there, or are there not, federal benefits of marriage? Of course there are.
    And they would be recognized if it is a civil union in that state or approved by that state.

    WOW! How simple is that!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    As long as that is the case, then it is not a state issue.
    This is not the case as I have shown above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    At some point, for gays to have the same benefits as strait couples, then it needs to be handled on a national level. State level is a cop out.
    The evidence does not point to this conclusion.

    But again, I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1058
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The interest is in a stable family unit and the rearing of children to become productive citizens. Since most gay couple (not all) have little or no interest in rearing children, the state has little interest.
    Securing rights for group B don't hinge on whether group A thinks it would benefit society.

  9. #1059
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You forgot to finish your sentence. Here, let me help:
    No I did not.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    There. Much more accurate.
    I have gotten infractions for doing EXACTLY the same thing?

    Oh wait, you took my name out. Dose this make a difference?

    Seriously, I am asking not trying to insult you Cap.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's fine. As long as you understand that you are offering no facts, but just opinion, I can accept that.
    It is a fact that a marraige is between a man and a woman. This is a fact under the law and traditions of this country.

    That is NOT an opinion.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-12-10 at 03:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1060
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Securing rights for group B don't hinge on whether group A thinks it would benefit society.
    It is only part of the big picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •