Last edited by Taylor; 01-11-10 at 07:28 PM.
Last edited by Navy Pride; 01-11-10 at 07:58 PM.
"God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."
"He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
Last edited by Black Dog; 01-11-10 at 08:11 PM.
No Lives Matter
"Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run
Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.
Go read his responces.
I have seen no evidence at all that says the majority of gay couples want to adopt or raise children.
I mean I admit I am going on anecdotal evidence from the gay community's in Chicago and San Fransisco. I lived in both places for years (how I got over my initial homophobia) and again I saw nothing that would lead me to believe your comment is true.
No Lives Matter
More than one in three lesbians have given birth and one in six gay men have fathered or adopted a child.
• More than half of gay men and 41 percent of lesbians want to have a child.
• An estimated two million GLB people are interested in adopting.
• An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent.
• More than 16,000 adopted children are living with lesbian and gay parents in California, the highest number among the states.
• Gay and lesbian parents are raising four percent of all adopted children in the United States.
• Same-sex couples raising adopted children are older, more educated, and have more economic resources than other adoptive parents.
• Adopted children with same-sex parents are younger and more likely to be foreign born.
• An estimated 14,100 foster children are living with lesbian or gay parents.
• Gay and lesbian parents are raising three percent of foster children in the United States.