Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Link

    They are the first line of defense in airport security but two troubling incidents involving TSA agents at LAX are raising concerns.
    A TSA agent was arrested on January 3rd in Terminal One at LAX, a source told NBCLA. He had just gotten off duty and was behaving erratically, saying, "I am god, Iím in charge." The agent was arrested.

    Meanwhile, a TSA Internal Affairs investigation turned up evidence of LAX TSA agents using drugs at an after-hours party.
    Do we need anymore proof that these morons deserve to us full body scanners? They have some meglamaniacs in their mist.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    I don't think that this is so much an indictment of the TSA as it is a reminder that the government is made up of perfect strangers -- oftentimes they are well-meaning strangers who do what they are supposed to do and believe in what they are doing, but they are strangers nevertheless.

    You should always be very cautious about giving unto the government any authority which you do not wish a perfect stranger to have over you.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I don't think that this is so much an indictment of the TSA as it is a reminder that the government is made up of perfect strangers -- oftentimes they are well-meaning strangers who do what they are supposed to do and believe in what they are doing, but they are strangers nevertheless.

    You should always be very cautious about giving unto the government any authority which you do not wish a perfect stranger to have over you
    .
    Especially when they can barely speak English.....

  4. #4
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    We've all been through the airports, we've seen who the TSA agents are. These aren't people who went to college and studied hard to learn the law and court systems so that they can become police officers or FBI agents. I'm not really surprised that they're drug taking thugs. And these are the people responsible for our "safety".
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #5
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Oh, I dunno.

    If in order to pay my bills I had to take a job handling hundreds if not thousands of agitated travelers every day, I'd probably end up doing drugs too.

    Especially if I took my job seriously and tried to treat everyone with respect.

    After a certain point, it's blow off some steam or loose your shiznit, you.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We've all been through the airports, we've seen who the TSA agents are. These aren't people who went to college and studied hard to learn the law and court systems so that they can become police officers or FBI agents. I'm not really surprised that they're drug taking thugs. And these are the people responsible for our "safety".
    To be brutally honest, the conservatives didn't want to pony up the money to hire college graduates, did they?

  7. #7
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We've all been through the airports, we've seen who the TSA agents are. These aren't people who went to college and studied hard to learn the law and court systems so that they can become police officers or FBI agents. I'm not really surprised that they're drug taking thugs. And these are the people responsible for our "safety".
    If they really want to get serious about airport safety, then they need to ditch TSA and man these stations with armed, uniformed Border Patrol agents. After all, airports are just like border crossings.

  8. #8
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    To be brutally honest, the conservatives didn't want to pony up the money to hire college graduates, did they?
    To be brutally honest, neither side wants to pony up the money to hire people into vitally important positions at a reasonable rate of pay.

    The number of military families on food stamps is evidence of that.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    To be brutally honest, neither side wants to pony up the money to hire people into vitally important positions at a reasonable rate of pay.

    The number of military families on food stamps is evidence of that.
    Total, complete agreement. That's why I'm a moderate. I'm perfectly happy to pay for some necessary roles. We can pay for raises by getting rid of the federal Department of Education.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: TSA Agent Arrested at LAX

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    To be brutally honest, the conservatives didn't want to pony up the money to hire college graduates, did they?
    And people want to start in on profiling. Can you imagine that one.

    Now if we think at the base of profiling in general. Someone walks around observing people, their body language and patterns and then can match that with set conditions typical of certain behaviors. Angry people will do these three things, people looking to avoid authority will do these 4 things, blah blah blah. But to be a profiler, like an actual one, you have to have a good understanding of human behavior and psychology. You have to have a lot of knowledge about what visible signs mean what and to know the average characteristics of certain groups and behaviors. Then think how many you'd need per airport, how many airports there are in the US. You think we're going to hire the people capable of proper profiling and observation? Or are we just going to pull another group of thugs off the street, give them a 3 hour seminar a plastic badge and send them on their way?

    I know for sure which one seems more damned likely.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •