Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

  1. #91
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I never said we couldn't go after it. If you read what I wrote I said we don't have to freak out. We can take reasonable precautions, go after the individuals at fault (though maybe we shouldn't be attacking countries as much). But this isn't something to freak out about. 9/11 was the most successful terrorist attack on the proper State soil ever. And what did they get? 3,000 people. Cars kill over 30,000 a year. My whole point is that we must take this in perspective to other things so that we can find reasonable solution and action. If we're lead around by our emotions and flail around out of fear, we'll only make the situation worse.



    I agree to a point. I think body scanners and shoes are rediculous.... I'd much prefer profiling.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #92
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I agree to a point. I think body scanners and shoes are rediculous.... I'd much prefer profiling.
    Depends on the profiling. The kind which is effective takes a lot of training and knowledge and would cost a lot. But in the end would most likely be more effective than the long TSA lines and strip searching everyone.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #93
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Depends on the profiling. The kind which is effective takes a lot of training and knowledge and would cost a lot. But in the end would most likely be more effective than the long TSA lines and strip searching everyone.



    All foreign nationals from terrorist identified hot spots?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #94
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    AllYou're hiding from the fact that terrorism is a low probability event which often does not succeed and does not overall pose a large threat to Americans.
    Reality shows all Americans must be vigilant.

    The real threat to liberty and freedom is not in the least terrorism. The real threat to freedom and liberty is the government itself.
    Is it really, may I ask where you are on the health care debate?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    All foreign nationals from terrorist identified hot spots?
    No, the whole "pull over all the brown people" type of profiling is easily defeated by recruiting not brown people. What you need are people trained in human behavioral sciences.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #96
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, the whole "pull over all the brown people" type of profiling is easily defeated by recruiting not brown people. What you need are people trained in human behavioral sciences.



    why not both?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #97
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Reality shows all Americans must be vigilant.
    I didn't say we couldn't be vigilant. I said we don't need to freak out and encourage out of control government because of it. We'll end up somewhere worse by doing just that. Fulfilling Daniel Webster's prophecy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Is it really, may I ask where you are on the health care debate?
    Irrelevant.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #98
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    why not both?
    I think that actual profiling can be linked with information found about terrorist organizations/plans/etc. But just straight up get all the brown folk is in and of itself easily defeated. You need someone who can identify behavior trends and external clues. Which takes a lot of training, education, and would be expensive. Linking it with intel is fine as well, but we need to keep things general. Over specialization breeds in weakness. Also, our intelligence seems to be poor as of late. Or at least, it's always getting blamed for the mistakes.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #99
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I didn't say we couldn't be vigilant. I said we don't need to freak out
    Comparing this to gravity proves this isn't true.

    Irrelevant.
    Not when your previous statement includes this?

    The real threat to freedom and liberty is the government itself.
    Remarkable how inconsistent, you'll tell us government is to fear when engaged in its Constitutional duty of protecting us, bet you lunch you're all in favor of this "threat" to our freedoms and liberties running our health care. I asked as I believe your point of view is one that comes from a political animal, rather than a reasoned one. Again, where do you stand on health care?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  10. #100
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: More Ex-Detainees Resort to Terror, Officials Say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think that actual profiling can be linked with information found about terrorist organizations/plans/etc. But just straight up get all the brown folk is in and of itself easily defeated. You need someone who can identify behavior trends and external clues. Which takes a lot of training, education, and would be expensive. Linking it with intel is fine as well, but we need to keep things general. Over specialization breeds in weakness. Also, our intelligence seems to be poor as of late. Or at least, it's always getting blamed for the mistakes.



    Ever see the very 1st episode of cops......


    It was in Newark, and this cop kept saying how it was unfortunate, but he profiled black men who had a certain style of dress and look, and more often than not, he was right...


    Profiling works.



    btw think the guy was a racist or pragmatic?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •