Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

  1. #61
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Did you think this little bit of convoluted logic up yourself?


    This, doesn't happen. There is more to it then money involved... you are welcome to give an example of this... please, I'd love to see proof this happens, not happened once 10 years ago... but happens.

    What the hell is wrong with giving cancer treatment to older folks?



    Oh, you're playing the propaganda line here... the rich old people can afford high priced cancer treatment but the younger folks are too poor to afford it and die. That's a great soap opera line, but doesn't match reality. Take me and my wife, we're not exactly dirt poor, but we are by no means rich... we can afford to go. Why? Because we understand that's how the system is, and we pay for Insurance, GOOD insurance. I have co-workers with access to the same insurance, that chose not ot have it. You know why? Their young, don't need it, want the $350 a month in their pocket.



    Has it ever crossed your mind that the medical side charge $50 for an aspirin to cover oh... the cost of the Medicare they have to eat? The Illegals they have to treat for free? The cost of doing all the paperwork the government enforces on them? Again, you ignore the burden the Government creates, claim it's all about greedy people, and demand MORE Government.

    It's almost astounding how incapable you are of finding fault with the Government.

    I'm actually bored now responding to you.
    I'd add, why doesn't anyone complain about the greedy, for profit health care workers?

    You'd think that they would also bear the brunt of the "making a profit off of anothers suffering" argument.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #62
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And that is because the private insurance companies with the healthcare industry are driving prices up because of greed. They know that people are forced to pay top dollar because if they dont then they die or live in pain. It is called extortion.
    Making ludicrous and unsupportable statements doesn't help your credibility.

    Yea having a 70 year old get a liver transplant after years of alcohol abuse because he is rich is a fine example of the idiotic behaviour of private run healthcare. Or a 75 year old getting cancer treatment so he can live another year. On the flip side 30 year olds cant get early treatment because they cant afford it.. so end up in the emergency room when it is often too late.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here - are you saying that it's bad that these older people get that treatment? You would prefer that they simply die?

    The private insurance and medical industry drives costs up as I have stated over and over again because they can. There are no stop gaps and no oversight over the industries so if they can get away with asking 50 dollars for an aspirin then they will do so. That insane cost is pushed on in the US to the employers and the people, driving up the over cost of healthcare.
    And in what way is this different from any other industry?

    Take a look at the first law Bush put in place. It basically created a monopoly in the US for drugs and making it a criminal act to import even aspirin into the country. On top of that it prevented the government in negotiating with the drug companies for better deals.. how is that going to help drive down the prices, when the drug industry knows that the government is forced to accept whatever price they are given by the industry?
    Because the government doesn't have to buy that particular drug?

    Like it or not the talking points promoted by the RNC and written by the healthcare and insurance industries about it is "governments fault" over to "tort reform" (which is some what valid btw), is nothing but hot air with no actual fact behind it and is only out there to divert attention way from the true problem areas... the 2 industries themselves.
    Oh, well so long as you've decided so. Facts be damned!

    It is ironic that prevention medicine is not being promoted by the healthcare and insurance industries..and is often opposed by the right.. wonder why... oh yea because it would cut into the profit if people did not get sick..
    Where the **** are you getting this ****?

    And you use the same old tired excuse over and over again. Is the higher amount of fat people in the US a factor in the higher price? Of course it is. Is it the sole and most important reason? Hell no, not by a long shot.
    Well, you certainly know more about this than the researchers who conducted the study I referenced.

    Many if not most of the obesity related issues are with people who have no health insurance in the first place and often go untreated.
    How exactly is obesity due to a lack of health insurance?

    I dont deny that life style has a big impact on healthcare costs, but by your claim, Mexico should have near the same healthcare costs as the US..
    No, it shouldn't. Did you read anything I wrote? Mexico doesn't have the same level of healthcare expenditures because they don't offer the same quality of care. If Mexico offered the same quality of care as the US (with the same overhead), it's likely that their costs would be closer to ours.

    The UK should be up there too.. but guess what.. it is about half the US. And on the list there is no Norway, who according to the OECD has the second most expensive system per capita in the world.. so obesity aint an issue there..
    Yes, because it's absolutely impossible that the same concerns I just mentioned might come into play there.

    I short, your excuse is flawed on so many levels. But I do admit it does have an impact, just in no way as big an impact as you think it has.
    Again, you're obviously smarter than those researchers.

    I see the difference but unlike you I also can see that the difference is not the sole reason for the huge difference between the US and UHC nations. In fact as I have stated, I would wager it is not even the most important reason for the higher cost. When a surgery costs 10x as much in the US than it does in Europe, then you quickly see that there is something rotten in the US.
    Why do you think a surgery would cost 10X more to perform here (if that actually happens)? I'd love to hear your explanation.

    Let me ask you a question.. say I go to the US, get sick and have private international insurance (which is highly recommenced when going to the US btw). If it is not life threatening and I can travel, do you think the insurance company will continue to pay for treatment in the US or pay for a plane ticket home for me?...
    No idea. Probably send you home, because that way your country is on the hook for it.

    That is exactly what I am doing. It is you that brought up the obesity excuse. The US problem is the for profit system that has zero accountability. The healthcare industry and private insurance industry are milking the American public for every penny the can squeeze out of it and putting lives in danger.
    Don't let facts or logic get in the way of a good rant.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #63
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'd add, why doesn't anyone complain about the greedy, for profit health care workers?

    You'd think that they would also bear the brunt of the "making a profit off of anothers suffering" argument.
    That comes next, once there are more people in Medicare/Medicaid/government funded programs. Once those programs start collapsing, we're going to see all sorts of ads about those awful doctors who make $400,000 for looking at X-rays while hard-working Americans are unable to get healthcare for their sick and dying children.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    That comes next, once there are more people in Medicare/Medicaid/government funded programs. Once those programs start collapsing, we're going to see all sorts of ads about those awful doctors who make $400,000 for looking at X-rays while hard-working Americans are unable to get healthcare for their sick and dying children.
    It's especially ironic when nurses tell me that there shouldn't be profit in medical care.

    Mega lulz.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    A government agency states that government programs are GOOD!!!! Well, now I am convinced.
    You're referring to Urban Institute? Are you assuming that they are a "government agency" because they are located in Washington D.C.?

    Are you trying to convince us all that you are not too bright?

  6. #66
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So can the left and Obama explain how a medical facility can run if medicare is paying less then the care cost?
    If we cover the tens of millions of uninsured americans it will cost less! We add millions of people into the system and it will save money!

    Silly common sence people will never understand this.

    The government is right and you are wrong and this is they way it will always be so stop trying to think for yourselves.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I didn't say he was necessarily wrong, I would confess that I am not privy to all the data that he may have, and I might add neither are you, or hazlnut. But, to take his conclusion at face value considering that he is such a big supporter of Obama and his plans, I think would be foolish.
    Paraphrasing:

    I didn't say he was necessarily wrong, I just implied it by showing that he contributed to Obama I would confess that I am not privy to all the data that he may have, unless it's on Fox, it's not data I will accept anyway and I might add neither are you, or hazlnut. with all your big words and fancy books But, to take his conclusion at face value considering that he is such a big supporter of Obama the antichrist and his plans to destroy Jesus in the final smackdown, I think would be foolish. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me — you can't get fooled again...

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Where the **** are you getting this ****?
    That would be his ass.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    It's not an attack on private insurance because the private insurers are not to blame for this. The facility is refusing to take a wide range of Medicare payments because the government doesn't pay enough.
    That's not what the story says, try again.

    Also --

    Wide range? Where do you get that?

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Mayo Clinic in Arizona to Stop Treating Some Medicare Patients

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    That's not what the story says, try again.

    Also --

    Wide range? Where do you get that?
    That's EXACTLY what it says, troll.

    The Mayo Clinic, praised by President Barack Obama as a national model for efficient health care, will stop accepting Medicare patients as of tomorrow at one of its primary-care clinics in Arizona, saying the U.S. government pays too little.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •