Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 373

Thread: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Link
    Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot - Times Online

    Here we go again, Obama has to gather in all the intelligence then of course he will need the advice of Carter & Kerry, by the time he actually gets around to doing something it will probably be time to install his successor.

  2. #2
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot - Times Online

    Here we go again, Obama has to gather in all the intelligence then of course he will need the advice of Carter & Kerry, by the time he actually gets around to doing something it will probably be time to install his successor.
    Imagine that. We now have a CIC that actually informs himself of all the options and ramifications of an air strike before committing. I knew he was too smart!

  3. #3
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Here we go again, Obama has to gather in all the intelligence then of course he will need the advice of Carter & Kerry, by the time he actually gets around to doing something it will probably be time to install his successor.
    Those "3am" ads the Hillary campaign ran were so spot on.

  4. #4
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    If he's considering a "retaliatory" military strike against al Qaeda for what the bomber did . . .

    Then what the hell is the bomber doing sitting in the criminal justice system?

    Is it a criminal matter, or is it war?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Will we here about the civilian casualties as we did with Bush?

  6. #6
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    513

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Those "3am" ads the Hillary campaign ran were so spot on.
    So...You're the president of the United States. A failed terrorist attempt just occurred. The government of the country in which the terrorist comes from is willing to work with you...It's 3 am. What do you do?

  7. #7
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    So...You're the president of the United States. A failed terrorist attempt just occurred. The government of the country in which the terrorist comes from is willing to work with you...It's 3 am. What do you do?
    Nuke Amsterdam of course.


    Edit: and you get thanked for impeccable timing
    Last edited by marduc; 12-31-09 at 04:05 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  8. #8
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot - Times Online

    Here we go again, Obama has to gather in all the intelligence then of course he will need the advice of Carter & Kerry, by the time he actually gets around to doing something it will probably be time to install his successor.
    Perhaps GWB should have taken even more time than he did before deciding to attack IRAQ. After all, most of the 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi Arabia. But I guess we can't attack SA, where the Bush clan has friends.....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #9
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If he's considering a "retaliatory" military strike against al Qaeda for what the bomber did . . .

    Then what the hell is the bomber doing sitting in the criminal justice system?

    Is it a criminal matter, or is it war?
    same reason richard reed was in the criminal system.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #10
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    So...You're the president of the United States. A failed terrorist attempt just occurred. The government of the country in which the terrorist comes from is willing to work with you...It's 3 am. What do you do?
    go back to sleep.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •