Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 373

Thread: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    [quote=ScummyD;1058470249]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    It is inherent unless the system is corrupt.

    You made the claim that they were slowed. Setting aside that we have the right to hold enemy combatants as long as we like how about you provide something explaining where, how and why these trials were slowed and why that matters considering we can hold them as long as we like?
    There is evidence the system was corrupt. Remember, there were complaints that is was a sham.

    They were slow evidenced by innocent people being held for years. There is no reason to hold innocent people for years, unless no one is really trying to discover their innocence or guilt.

  2. #332
    Educator
    ScummyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    [quote=Boo Radley;1058470253]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScummyD View Post

    There is evidence the system was corrupt. Remember, there were complaints that is was a sham.
    Was the system really corrupt? Institutionally corrupt? Or was it in fact not the system, but corrupt influences within that system which shouldn't be there to begin with? I am asking your opinion here, not for clarification as if I am not aware of the situation.

    They were slow evidenced by innocent people being held for years. There is no reason to hold innocent people for years, unless no one is really trying to discover their innocence or guilt.
    There is no reason why we have to wait. The system is not the problem, but those that were using it.
    "Muslims are OBLIGATED to raid the lands of the infidels, occupy them, and exchange their systems of governance for an Islamic system. . .They say that our sharia does not impose our particular beliefs upon others; this is a false assertion. For it is, in fact, part of our religion to IMPOSE our particular beliefs upon others." -bin Laden

  3. #333
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He had a history, as I recall, but was not involved in any firefight. He was walking.
    I'm refreshed you recall, I was going to look into my favorites and refresh my own memory, tell me if you would Sir, how many nations had Musha been in again? How many nations had arrest warrants out on this man? Was he ever in a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan? This is a very important recall that you'd have should he have spent time in an actual Al-Qaeda training camp, had he? Was he in fact an expert in weaponry....an expert in several types of weaponry, known to have been involved in many an insurgency, yes? He was out of Saudi Arabia illegally...you see, one must have permission to travel out of your own country in Saudi Arabia, and, this man 'walking' through montain passes at Tora Bora with many other Taliban and al-Qaeda. He told the Pakistan authorities he was on a "mosque assessment mission" is that your recollection as well, Boo? He said he was "at the wrong place at the wrong time", he has, in reality, no excuse whatsoever for being there and given every single piece of this information, you told he in absence of him being "on the battlefield" at all...and carrying no weapon....you would have no other alternative but to release him. Now Boo, you seriously don't remember that?

    This isn't at all like WWII. So, WWII would not be something that would be precedence. I've explained the difference ad nauseum.
    Enemies captured abroad though...is like ww2. And even though we brought thousands of foreign combatants here and put them in prison...not one was afforded our rights, not one did we need evidence, not one could even challenge their own detentions. Not one. The Barbary Wars the same, we raided ships and imprisoned foreigners, our first foreign war, I'm giving you our last war..this Afghan War...and the same exact policy has existed with exactly the same precedence until holder's clown show in NY. Now..those are the facts despite your argument of differences and nuance. You may argue any war wasn't the same, enemies captured abroad ineach and every conflict were treated the exact same. Facts are facts.

    There is no uniform to be out of, so not the same.
    Oh "not the same?" But, you want the GC to apply?

    Oops.

    You have not provided any example at all that fits as a match to what we're doing now.
    Even if I accepted this ridiculous denial, if this is all brand new and different..as you pretend....how can you argue "due process?"

    What "process" is due these men?
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 01-07-10 at 08:35 PM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    [quote=Boo Radley;1058470253]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScummyD View Post

    There is evidence the system was corrupt. Remember, there were complaints that is was a sham.

    They were slow evidenced by innocent people being held for years. There is no reason to hold innocent people for years, unless no one is really trying to discover their innocence or guilt.
    They're enemy combatants. "Guilt" and "innocence", civillian law terms, don't apply.

  5. #335
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You both seem to have a history together. Interesting discussion. By the way Robt. Duvall played Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird
    Yes, how could I forget, Robert Duvall.

    Good actor. Great flick.

    Just found it interesting Boo would use this name, makes one almost think atticus and jd one in the same.

    Hmm. Would explain alot. To me, Conservative, it would explain alot to me.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #336
    Educator
    ScummyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Just found it interesting Boo would use this name, makes one almost think atticus and jd one in the same.
    I found it interesting for that reason, too, that those two characters come from the same story. Their styles here, however, are too different. Boo is quintessentially JD in style.

    But BooD3 IS an English teacher so it makes sense he would choose the name of character in a book that is widely taught.
    Last edited by ScummyD; 01-07-10 at 10:29 PM.
    "Muslims are OBLIGATED to raid the lands of the infidels, occupy them, and exchange their systems of governance for an Islamic system. . .They say that our sharia does not impose our particular beliefs upon others; this is a false assertion. For it is, in fact, part of our religion to IMPOSE our particular beliefs upon others." -bin Laden

  7. #337
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I'm refreshed you recall, . . . ..
    I said he had a history.

    Enemies captured abroad though...is like ww2. And even though we brought thousands of foreign combatants here and put them in prison...not one was afforded our rights, not one did we need evidence, not one could even challenge their own detentions. Not one. The Barbary Wars the same, we raided ships and imprisoned foreigners, our first foreign war, I'm giving you our last war..this Afghan War...and the same exact policy has existed with exactly the same precedence until holder's clown show in NY. Now..those are the facts despite your argument of differences and nuance. You may argue any war wasn't the same, enemies captured abroad ineach and every conflict were treated the exact same. Facts are facts.
    Actually we kidnapped civilians in WWII. And didn't count them as POW or non combatants. We knew even then that it was wrong. It was mostly kept secret.

    But no, we did nothing like this.



    Oh "not the same?" But, you want the GC to apply?

    Oops.
    I said choose a rule of law, but don't be silly and say they are spies. Or even Saboteurs.



    Even if I accepted this ridiculous denial, if this is all brand new and different..as you pretend....how can you argue "due process?"

    What "process" is due these men?
    Same due process due all men. Remember, some are innocent. And innocent men are due justice. Not knowing which are which requires a process of knowing, due process. Rule of law.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by ScummyD View Post
    I found it interesting for that reason, too, that those two characters come from the same story. Their styles here, however, are too different. Boo is quintessentially JD in style.

    But BooD3 IS an English teacher so it makes sense he would choose the name of character in a book that is widely taught.

  9. #339
    Educator
    ScummyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    What's so funny?
    "Muslims are OBLIGATED to raid the lands of the infidels, occupy them, and exchange their systems of governance for an Islamic system. . .They say that our sharia does not impose our particular beliefs upon others; this is a false assertion. For it is, in fact, part of our religion to IMPOSE our particular beliefs upon others." -bin Laden

  10. #340
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by ScummyD View Post
    What's so funny?
    You guys.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •