Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 373

Thread: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

  1. #91
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,037

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Ive still yet to see what would be so bad about cooperating with the Yemenise. If someone wants to cooperate, then dont piss them off.
    There's nothing wrong with it. You just assume that this can't entail targets for American missiles. With the right pressure, this is exactly what is needed. These zealots and their organizations need to know without a doubt that they can't hide under Isamic governments and international sympathy.

    ...or can they?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #92
    Educator
    ScummyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    06-09-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wouldn't be the same. Afghanistan and Pakistan could surrender, and still nothing would change. There are real differences that make those comparisons invalid.
    He made a general statement which I proved wrong. There was no comparison.

  3. #93
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Military strikes? From this President?

    I thought the "whack a mole" strat so thrown about during Bush's terms was a no no?

    You sure you leadership folk on the Left know what you're doing?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #94
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it. You just assume that this can't entail targets for American missiles. With the right pressure, this is exactly what is needed. These zealots and their organizations need to know without a doubt that they can't hide under Isamic governments and international sympathy.

    ...or can they?
    So Yemen is an Islamic state now and if you want to prevent international sympathy......

  5. #95
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    any war on terror that failed to address saddam hussein would hardly be a war on terror

    the baathist butcher was one of the world leaders in international terrorism for a quarter century
    What about Omar Al Bashir or Kim Jong Il? One was involved in systemic killing while the other was much closer to getting WMD than Saddam was. Why did Bush ignore one, and engaged in talks with the other "terrorist"? What was his system for deciding which dictator to get rid of? You want to talk about incoherent, explain that.

  6. #96
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    What about Omar Al Bashir or Kim Jong Il? One was involved in systemic killing while the other was much closer to getting WMD than Saddam was. Why did Bush ignore one, and engaged in talks with the other "terrorist"? What was his system for deciding which dictator to get rid of? You want to talk about incoherent, explain that.

    Why were most if not all demo's calling for Saddam's ouster a mere 18 months prior to Bush going in, then all of the sudden contracting amnesia about it from then on?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #97
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why were most if not all demo's calling for Saddam's ouster a mere 18 months prior to Bush going in, then all of the sudden contracting amnesia about it from then on?


    j-mac

    If we've got amnesia as you claim, I'm sure you can prove that by showing us the evidence of "demo" calling for an invasion of Iraq to get rid of Saddam "18 months prior to Bush going in" as you put it. I'll be waiting for the evidence.

    And that has nothing to do with the point of the post. If taking out the dictator Saddam is essential to the "war on terror", then why not other equally horrendous and more dangerous dictators? What's the system the Bush administration used to decide which get the boot, which don't?

  8. #98
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Imagine that. We now have a CIC that actually informs himself of all the options and ramifications of an air strike before committing. I knew he was too smart!
    You forgot to mention he'll take the half-life of uranium to come to a conclusion tho..................That doesn't amount to "too smart."
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  9. #99
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    He's gonna think about military strikes in Yemen?

    Can we go to Iran on the way?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  10. #100
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Obama considering military strikes after Christmas Day aircraft plot

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    If we've got amnesia as you claim, I'm sure you can prove that by showing us the evidence of "demo" calling for an invasion of Iraq to get rid of Saddam "18 months prior to Bush going in" as you put it. I'll be waiting for the evidence.

    And that has nothing to do with the point of the post. If taking out the dictator Saddam is essential to the "war on terror", then why not other equally horrendous and more dangerous dictators? What's the system the Bush administration used to decide which get the boot, which don't?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgquIN4Rrw"]YouTube- What the Democrats Said About Saddam Hussein - Part 1[/ame]

    Just a taste, but you know full well that in 1998, and forward that demo's themselves were calling for the removal of Saddam.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •