Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 472

Thread: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

  1. #291
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I think Right is not the one who's led the sheltered life
    I know you'e not talking about me!...lol

    How old are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #292
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, it is. If you see a white guy named Bob Johnson, with an Americanpasspor travelling from Nigeria to Detoit with a one way ticket and no luggage, you're not going to pay it as much mind as you would if Mustaffa Muhammed did the same thing. Just reality, dude.
    So let's say you see a black guy with a name like Bob Johnson with an American passport traveling from Nigeria to Detroit with a one way ticket and no luggage. Would you say we should ignore that too? The only difference between that guy and your example is black v. white, while the only difference between that guy and this bomber was the name.

    Are you really arguing that we should base our security procedures on someone's name? That's just asinine.

    Well, then, you've led a seriousy sheltered life! When you get another 15 years under your belt, you'll see what I'm talking about.

    I used to think like that...then I grew up.
    Yes, if only I were 15 years older, I'd know that I'm insufficiently bigoted.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #293
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So let's say you see a black guy with a name like Bob Johnson with an American passport traveling from Nigeria to Detroit with a one way ticket and no luggage. Would you say we should ignore that too? The only difference between that guy and your example is black v. white, while the only difference between that guy and this bomber was the name.

    Are you really arguing that we should base our security procedures on someone's name? That's just asinine.
    If the black Bob Johnson has an American passport and conducts himslf well, I'm not going to pay him as much attention, no.

    Are you saying that we need to swamp Bob an ignore Muhommed? There's assinin for ya's. No, wait, that's just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #294
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post


    Yes, if only I were 15 years older, I'd know that I'm insufficiently bigoted.
    Oh! Now, I'm biggoted. Gee whiz! Should I report that post? Oh, wait, you're a mod, it would be a waste of time.

    What are you? 23?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #295
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 12:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, it is. If you see a white guy named Bob Johnson, with an Americanpasspor travelling from Nigeria to Detoit with a one way ticket and no luggage, you're not going to pay it as much mind as you would if Mustaffa Muhammed did the same thing. Just reality, dude.
    One way, international flight, no luggage, travelling alone - that guy's getting triple screened, no matter if his name is Mary Sue or if he's green.

  6. #296
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,462

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you one of those folks that stereotypes me, just because I'm black?
    Are you one of those black folks who don't like being profiled? I guess hypocrites do come in all colours.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-27-09 at 11:35 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  7. #297
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 12:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know you'e not talking about me!...lol

    How old are you?

    Why

  8. #298
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    One way, international flight, no luggage, travelling alone - that guy's getting triple screened, no matter if his name is Mary Sue or if he's green.
    Ok, I'm game. But, let's not let the Liberalism tke over and screen Mary Sue, while we smile and stamp Mustaffa Mohammed righ on through, just because we're scared ****less of being accused of racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #299
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If the black Bob Johnson has an American passport and conducts himslf well, I'm not going to pay him as much attention, no.

    Are you saying that we need to swamp Bob an ignore Muhommed? There's assinin for ya's. No, wait, that's just stupid.
    Ordering additional screening because of someone's passport, behavior, travel history, or ticket/baggage status: Completely logical (and happens already)

    Ordering additional screening because of someone's name, religion, or terroristy-looking skin color: Absolutely moronic.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh! Now, I'm biggoted. Gee whiz! Should I report that post? Oh, wait, you're a mod, it would be a waste of time.
    I said:

    No, because unlike you, I don't attribute negative characteristics to entire racial or religious groups based on the actions of a few people.
    You responded:

    Well, then, you've led a seriousy sheltered life! When you get another 15 years under your belt, you'll see what I'm talking about.

    I used to think like that...then I grew up.
    You acknowledge that you attribute negative characteristics to entire racial or religious groups based on the actions of a few people. Definitionally, you are obstinately devoted to your own opinions and prejudices.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #300
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, I'm game. But, let's not let the Liberalism tke over and screen Mary Sue, while we smile and stamp Mustaffa Mohammed righ on through, just because we're scared ****less of being accused of racism.
    And this doesn't happen outside of your imagination.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •