Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 472

Thread: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

  1. #191
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    Yeah, Department of Homeland Security was the WORST idea Barack Obama ever had.
    No, the Democrats insisted that Bush create the department.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #192
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Profiling is a viable tool, has been used, and it works. BUT, it has its flaws, and there is a possibility that a person that doesn't fit the description will be used.

    As was said eariler by the MSgt, we are at war, we need to either make a decision to step on a persons rights to catch our enemy, or to stand back and get our butts kicked because we are being too politically correct?

    The downfall is this, if we choose the first option, then we are giving up some of our freedoms.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  3. #193
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    This jerk was profiled but missed. . . . . . . . again:

    Taken from World airport security beefed up following foiled Detroit attack - Haaretz - Israel News

    Mutallab boarded the plane in Nigeria and went through Amsterdam en route to Detroit, according to Peter King of the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee. An official briefed on the attack said yesterday the U.S. has known for at least two years that the suspect in the attack could have terrorist ties. King said Mutallab was not on the no-fly list.

    A U.S. defense official said that Mutallab has been on a list that includes people with known or suspected contact or ties to a terrorist or terrorist organization. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

    King, the ranking Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, said no federal air marshals were on the flights from Nigeria to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam to Detroit. Mutallab did not go through full-body image screening at either airport, the congressman said.
    Also seems that we need to serious increase the technology of airport screenings. It is a hassle, but I'd come to the airport an hour earlier to keep these idiots off planes.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  4. #194
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Profiling is a viable tool, has been used, and it works. BUT, it has its flaws, and there is a possibility that a person that doesn't fit the description will be used.

    As was said eariler by the MSgt, we are at war, we need to either make a decision to step on a persons rights to catch our enemy, or to stand back and get our butts kicked because we are being too politically correct?

    The downfall is this, if we choose the first option, then we are giving up some of our freedoms.
    This straw man is starting to piss me off.The only people bringing up political correctness here are the ones in favor of profiling. Those against it have been arguing against it because its practically unfeasible, nothing more, nothing less.

  5. #195
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    This straw man is starting to piss me off.The only people bringing up political correctness here are the ones in favor of profiling. Those against it have been arguing against it because its practically unfeasible, nothing more, nothing less.
    Correct me if I am not interpreting what you are saying:

    People are arguing against it because it is not feasible, meaning that the reason we don't profile is because their are too many people to screen? But, if there were less people, we'd profile?
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  6. #196
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,225

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Would any profilers care to spot the Muslim bomber in this pic?

    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #197
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No, the Democrats insisted that Bush create the department.
    Really, can you supply some proof. And, when did Bush ever do what the Dems wanted?

    Here is a links about the DHS and how it became law. The GOP influenced this bill:

    CNN.com - A massive federal makeover - Nov. 25, 2002

    U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

    Project Vote Smart - HR 5005 Establishing the Department of Homeland Security Member Vote List

    Project Vote Smart - Representative Brady on HR 5005 - Establishing the Department of Homeland Security
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Would any profilers care to spot the Muslim bomber in this pic?

    They all look like bombers....
    Last edited by Partisan; 12-27-09 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #199
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: AP sources: Al-Qaida link in failed plane attack

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Good of you to admit it.
    Call it a late Christmas gift.

    Riiight. We should just ignore the obvious. Then we could be more like you.
    Generalizations are not the obvious.



    Now I ask you again, why did the Islamic terrorist in Texas received every liberal apologist on the planet screaming "wait and see" denying what he was while ignoring the evidence we already had while this guy isn't getting a defense for the same action?

    I somehow doubt the liberals at FARC gave two squirts of piss. I bet the radicals at al-Qa'ida weren't screaming "wait and see". The Libyans probably were skeptical that it wasn't a U.S. inside job. The Soviet Unionists might be more sympathetic to the reaction in the Liberal U.S.

    I don't see the harm in discussing Fmr. Maj. Hasan's motivations. I don't believe anyone credible doubted the plausibility of it being an Jihadist motivated attack. The discussion took place in what was the nearest, or most relevant, motivation/cause. It was whether or not the Jihadist mentality made him snap, or some other factor (among those introduced was a second-hand PTSD, another form of mental instability, etc).
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  10. #200
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    They all look like bombers....
    Nah, you failed the test. You were suppose to say all but the asian and white girl.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •