Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 472

Thread: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    haul holder before senate judiciary and grill him---exactly how do you intend to handle mr farouk abdul?

    when it comes to overseas contingencies, this administration has a lot of explaining to do

  2. #152
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    He was also in possession of a 2 year US visa expiring in 2010. How does someone who's a on watch list, as low tier as it was, get a visa to begin with and then is not properly searched before boarding a US plane?

    Me thinks someone at Schiphol Airport is in deep doodoo right now.
    That's what bureaucracies will get you. It's why I soppose the big government polices coming out of the Left wing of our government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #153
    Student MsRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    279

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's what bureaucracies will get you. It's why I soppose the big government polices coming out of the Left wing of our government.
    Yeah, Department of Homeland Security was the WORST idea Barack Obama ever had.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.

  4. #154
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: AP sources: Al-Qaida link in failed plane attack

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Explain. How is it different?

    Both of these guys were and are Islamic terrorists. Both attacked civiians and both wanted civilians to die.

    Only their method of attack was different.
    Your analytical skills are superb, as always texmaster.

    Yet generalizing does not aide in counter-terrorism, as you are also superb at texmaster.

    They're civilians of two entirely different Nation-States with two entirely different cast of paradigms, political and socio-economical environments.

    The only similarity is that they're radical Islamic scum-bag.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    This really hits home for me. My girlfriends mother is a flight attendent for Delta and only does international. Her dad is a retired captian from delta as well.

  6. #156
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    Yeah, Department of Homeland Security was the WORST idea Barack Obama ever had.
    I get the sarcasm and it wasn't a bad idea. It just needs to be freed up from the politically correct bureaucratic BS.

    It's the same reason that Hasan wasn't detected as a threat prior to him killing 13 American soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #157
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I get the sarcasm and it wasn't a bad idea. It just needs to be freed up from the politically correct bureaucratic BS.

    It's the same reason that Hasan wasn't detected as a threat prior to him killing 13 American soldiers.
    Yep. That's because Napolitano was concentrating all her resources on us God-fearing, patriotic, right wing conservatives.

  8. #158
    Student MsRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    279

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I get the sarcasm and it wasn't a bad idea. It just needs to be freed up from the politically correct bureaucratic BS.

    It's the same reason that Hasan wasn't detected as a threat prior to him killing 13 American soldiers.
    Then I don't understand the point of your previous post. You acknowledge that the department in question, Homeland Security, was formed during a conservative administration. It's the largest expansion of government in our lifetime.

    Is it just possible that there are problems that can't be neatly laid at the feet of one partisan group or another?
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.

  9. #159
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    Then I don't understand the point of your previous post. You acknowledge that the department in question, Homeland Security, was formed during a conservative administration. It's the largest expansion of government in our lifetime.
    What's your point? Just because Homeland Security was formed under a Republican prez, I can't criticise the bureaucracy?

    Is it just possible that there are problems that can't be neatly laid at the feet of one partisan group or another?
    I never laid this at one political factions feet. I only said that the Leftists want to create more bureuacracy and more slip ups like this will be the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #160
    Student MsRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    279

    Re: Passenger Ignites Explosive on Delta Flight, Al Qaeda Connection Reported

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's your point? Just because Homeland Security was formed under a Republican prez, I can't criticise the bureaucracy?



    I never laid this at one political factions feet. I only said that the Leftists want to create more bureuacracy and more slip ups like this will be the result.
    There was no logical reason to throw "leftists" in there. It had zero relevance.

    Honestly, it gets extremely dull to read unwarranted attacks in post after post, and muddies the actual issues.

    Cut the chaff out, get to logical fact-based arguments.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •