Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 243

Thread: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Hmm, and people say that the death penalty is brutal.

    EDIT: Wait, the article you linked says that he's being treated for hypertension (and the prison assault was just a rumor that's been found false). Aw..

    LOL -- You're the first one to mention this, 118 posts in.

    I guess that shows you how many people actually read the articles. I clicked on it earlier today--noticed it didn't say anything about being beaten up and I was sort of disappointed.

    I wonder if the OP is just playing a trick on all of us. It's Christmas not April Fools.

  2. #122
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    I don't think he actually got beat up. Read the article, it's been updated.
    I did, but in any event our prison systems seem to be bastions for the behavior described above.

    Abu Graib seems like a kiddies show by comparison, and look what happened when that was exposed. We know why though; the Liberal propaganda machine hates the military, and hated Bush with a passion... were eager to do anything to smack both.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #123
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc Route View Post
    ***** Because I never feared anyone looking like him either on the streets or Subways in NYC.
    A scumbag's looks is irrelevant. If your compassion only limited to him or does it apply to other criminals as well? If this guy was like John Couey would you be asking us to show compassion? would you be saying "***** A little Basic Christianity may be in order here OR I presume that most have never been locked up even briefly (?) Think about it." By the way "******" usually mean you are cursing.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 12-25-09 at 12:47 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #124
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I did, but in any event our prison systems seem to be bastions for the behavior described above.

    Abu Graib seems like a kiddies show by comparison, and look what happened when that was exposed. We know why though; the Liberal propaganda machine hates the military, and hated Bush with a passion... were eager to do anything to smack both.

    .
    Yeah......it was all about hating the military.....not some of our redneck soldiers making a PR hole the size of Kansas for the rest of the military.



    Yeah....it was because liberals hate the military...you are such a narrowminded zygote.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-25-09 at 12:58 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #125
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Why is locking someone in a cage the default punishment for any wrongdoing?

    There are different types of punishment not just prison such as warnings,fines, parole, community service, a restriction of rights, public embarrassment and the death penalty. Prison is a punishment not just for violent offenders. If that man only ripped off one person then sure maybe a fine,community service or parole would suffice.



    Is the world a safer place because Bernie Madoff is in a cage, instead of under house arrest and/or wearing an ankle bracelet?
    Yes.Maybe not the whole world in general and besides the rest of the world is irrelevant in how we punish our criminals. But seeing how he can not buy his way out he is actually being punished for ruining the livelyhoods of others and ripping off his victims.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    So.Calif.
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    A scumbag's looks is irrelevant. If your compassion only limited to him or does it apply to other criminals as well? If this guy was like John Couey would you be asking us to show compassion? would you be saying "***** A little Basic Christianity may be in order here OR I presume that most have never been locked up even briefly (?) Think about it." By the way "******" usually mean you are cursing.


    ***** Dead Wrong ******* If I use an expletive I want the World to see it.

    **** Also you I presume have the intelligence to fully know what I meant. Madoff never in his life physically harmed or threatened anyone. As a person I have contempt for him - but a bunch of guys casually talking about Prison rape or Glad the Bastard is in there with the Animals reminds me of why I never get picked for a Jury while a few others pretend impartiality and just KNOW they'd never ever be in the system themselves

  7. #127
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    More embarrassment for the world's entertainment.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #128
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yeah......it was all about hating the military.....not some of our redneck soldiers making a PR hole the size of Kansas for the rest of the military.
    Oh Hatuey. Not the "military." The Army.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  9. #129
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    There are different types of punishment not just prison such as warnings,fines, parole, community service, a restriction of rights, public embarrassment and the death penalty. Prison is a punishment not just for violent offenders. If that man only ripped off one person then sure maybe a fine,community service or parole would suffice.
    Why does it not suffice for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage
    Yes.Maybe not the whole world in general and besides the rest of the world is irrelevant in how we punish our criminals. But seeing how he can not buy his way out he is actually being punished for ruining the livelyhoods of others and ripping off his victims.
    Why is locking him in a cage with violent criminals necessary? Why is it the default punishment for serious crimes?

    The fact is that Bernie Madoff could have been punished AND been prevented from harming anyone if he had been given an ankle bracelet, stripped of his assets, never been allowed to work in finance again, and forced to do community service. Anal rape and/or being in a cage is not necessary.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #130
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Bernard Madoff beat up in USA Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yeah....it was because liberals hate the military...you are such a narrowminded zygote.
    ROTFLMFAO. Zygote. Reminds me of Biology in the 6th grade.

    It's true... libs generally hate the military. For libs... our troops are "the enemy camp".

    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...-point-he-went

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-25-09 at 02:06 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •