Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 499

Thread: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

  1. #481
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you provided an opinion as to why. That's not really evidence. And I have not seen any evidence presented of people leaving AARP (some pundent saying they are wouldn't be evidence either btw). But, I would be willing to look at evidence. And then you have to provide evidence as to why. Someone's opinion wouldn't be evidence either. It would be an opinion.

    I'm not sure you understand what is and isn't legitimate debate. You seem to think based on this and other conversations that throwing out any opinion equals prove positive. It doesn't. Sorry.

    That must be only for me, or those that disagree with you, and your sycophantic adoration of "The One" then. Because I have over the years seen you provide more than your share of "opinion" pieces and then declare, and defend them as fact.

    You may not like the facts Joe, but they are what they are. Get used to it.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #482
    Advisor Plato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Here be Dragons
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    317

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That must be only for me, or those that disagree with you, and your sycophantic adoration of "The One" then. Because I have over the years seen you provide more than your share of "opinion" pieces and then declare, and defend them as fact.

    You may not like the facts Joe, but they are what they are. Get used to it.

    j-mac
    Two wrongs doesn't make a right. If it's an opinion piece who cares what BRad has posted in the past, it's not fact.
    There is a way to gain the whole world. It is to gain the people, and having gained them, one gains the whole world. There is a way to gain the people. Gain their hearts and minds and then you gain them. Mencius

  3. #483
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you provided an opinion as to why. That's not really evidence. And I have not seen any evidence presented of people leaving AARP (some pundent saying they are wouldn't be evidence either btw). But, I would be willing to look at evidence. And then you have to provide evidence as to why. Someone's opinion wouldn't be evidence either. It would be an opinion.

    I'm not sure you understand what is and isn't legitimate debate. You seem to think based on this and other conversations that throwing out any opinion equals prove positive. It doesn't. Sorry.
    AARP loses members over health care stance - USATODAY.com
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #484
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    Two wrongs doesn't make a right. If it's an opinion piece who cares what BRad has posted in the past, it's not fact.

    Ha! That is classic! It's ok when Boo Rad, JD or whomever he wants to be today says, or uses as his data set to back his absurd claims. But by God don't you dare use his standard because then he will just dismiss it as OP-ED.

    How weak can one be?

    Come on man, you are better than this Plato.

    Also, just take a gander above this post as my good friend American has provided a link outlining how the AARP is loosing members by the droves due to their back room deal to support Socialist medicine.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #485
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Doesn't seem that members "leaving AARP in droves" over this health care bill is much of an anomaly.

    The approximately 60,000 number represents members who specifically cited AARP's stance on the health overhaul debate in canceling their membership...
    [...]
    ...on average AARP loses some 300,000 members a month...
    [...]
    ...AARP gained some 400,000 new members during the same period and that 1.5 million members renewed their membership.


    AARP loses members over health care stance - USATODAY.com
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  6. #486
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Doesn't seem that members "leaving AARP in droves" over this health care bill is much of an anomaly.

    I think it is a pretty damning statement that as many have left that are. I mean look, the elderly are not big proponents of change, and when they have something they are hard pressed to leave it. Some may be holding out that the Government will come to its senses on the issue, I don't know. But one thing is for sure, there are many reasons for the elderly to be up in arms over this thing, and they have shown it if not by token.

    Remember this?


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoMNDdQ1_h0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- AARP Town Hall Meeting on Health Care - Dallas, August 4, 2009[/ame]


    the denial, a lie. The disdain of its own members, very real. The utter BS that AARP expects its members to swallow without question is unreal. But that is exactly what they expected, and when they started to get push back from those members, they shut the meeting down....Is that representative of this open society that is America? I think not.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #487
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Doesn't seem that members "leaving AARP in droves" over this health care bill is much of an anomaly.
    The point wasn't about the effect of quitting, it was whether they were quitting or not.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #488
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That must be only for me, or those that disagree with you, and your sycophantic adoration of "The One" then. Because I have over the years seen you provide more than your share of "opinion" pieces and then declare, and defend them as fact.

    You may not like the facts Joe, but they are what they are. Get used to it.


    j-mac
    Nothing wrong with an opinion piece as long as we know we're talking about an opinion. However, when you present an opinion as fact, well, that's another matter. You claim this is the reason and not that some think it is the reason. The difference is important. Even above you use the word facts as if you have provided facts. That's my problem.

  9. #489
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think it is a pretty damning statement that as many have left that are. I mean look, the elderly are not big proponents of change, and when they have something they are hard pressed to leave it. Some may be holding out that the Government will come to its senses on the issue, I don't know. But one thing is for sure, there are many reasons for the elderly to be up in arms over this thing, and they have shown it if not by token.

    Remember this?


    YouTube- AARP Town Hall Meeting on Health Care - Dallas, August 4, 2009


    the denial, a lie. The disdain of its own members, very real. The utter BS that AARP expects its members to swallow without question is unreal. But that is exactly what they expected, and when they started to get push back from those members, they shut the meeting down....Is that representative of this open society that is America? I think not.


    j-mac
    Now you're claiming one meeting, in Texas no less, represents the whole? Really?

    Perhaps you can find some valid statistical evidence?

  10. #490
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Now you're claiming one meeting, in Texas no less, represents the whole? Really?

    Perhaps you can find some valid statistical evidence?

    Well, I believe that AARP thought better of their campaign to hold these meetings after this one.

    But as far as a snipe hunt for some study that may or may not exist, I'll let you do that.

    After all it is your claim that this is not happening to AARP, I should think you have figures to back that up.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •