Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 499

Thread: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

  1. #471
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no benefits cut

    LOL!

    one hundred to zero

    LOL!
    Great retort. Really great.

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    cuts to m and m are close to HALF A T per the failure of mccain's amendment, as linked above

    cuts to m-ad are about 150B, says the national journal link above

    except BILL nelson obtained exemption of m-ad cuts for our state with the most retirees, florida

    all of which means m and m are cut over 300B independent of restrictions on m-ad

    upshot---medicare, medicaid and m-ad are cut HALF A T

    it's really all pretty simple, tho the numbers are astronomical

    that the m's are massively expanded while their fundings are so drastically reduced makes any simultaneous promises of improvements in care LOL-able

    same can be said for any claims that benefits (LOL!) won't be curtailed

    meanwhile, at the state level, medicaid is murdered, also linked above

    it's a matter of basic bookkeeping

    sorry

  3. #473
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    While you learn to write in complete words and sentences, I'll note that the Republicans have tried repeatedly to cut Medicare and Medicaid drastically for many years. If it needs to be done, I'm glad the Democrats are the ones doing it. They will do it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    cuts to m and m are close to HALF A T per the failure of mccain's amendment, as linked above

    cuts to m-ad are about 150B, says the national journal link above

    except BILL nelson obtained exemption of m-ad cuts for our state with the most retirees, florida

    all of which means m and m are cut over 300B independent of restrictions on m-ad

    upshot---medicare, medicaid and m-ad are cut HALF A T

    it's really all pretty simple, tho the numbers are astronomical

    that the m's are massively expanded while their fundings are so drastically reduced makes any simultaneous promises of improvements in care LOL-able

    same can be said for any claims that benefits (LOL!) won't be curtailed

    meanwhile, at the state level, medicaid is murdered, also linked above

    it's a matter of basic bookkeeping

    sorry

  4. #474
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    this, from a guy who doesn't know the dif btwn 150B cuts to m-ad and HALF A TRILLION dollar reductions of m and m

    LOL!

  5. #475
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    this, from a guy who doesn't know the dif btwn 150B cuts to m-ad and HALF A TRILLION dollar reductions of m and m

    LOL!
    Sure I know the difference. The problem is that you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy.

  6. #476
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    half a T is real

    sorry

  7. #477
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    half a T is real

    sorry
    Your "LOL" post was more effective.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You're right, there is a reason, a big one.





    Like everyone else in this pay for play scheme, they were bought off.


    j-mac
    Too easy to write it off that way. They've been pretty strong as advocates for the elderly. They lose too much if they throw them under the bus.

    But I must commend you again, as someone who hates bias reporting, for again using a completely no biased source (not).

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Breitbart]Andrew Breitbart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    And if you look at the language of your source (Health Care Scheme), you'll see what I'm talking about.

    However, I don't mind bias. I mind accuracy. If their members buy MediGap, they need them. And if they throw those members under the bus, they lose them. They have as much reason to watch out for their consumers as any insurance company, any business. And they have a pretty good history of doing well by their people as far as I can see.

    So, other than you just not liking their support, can you show any objective evidence of them not caring about seniors?

  9. #479
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Too easy to write it off that way. They've been pretty strong as advocates for the elderly. They lose too much if they throw them under the bus.

    But I must commend you again, as someone who hates bias reporting, for again using a completely no biased source (not).

    Andrew Breitbart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And if you look at the language of your source (Health Care Scheme), you'll see what I'm talking about.

    However, I don't mind bias. I mind accuracy. If their members buy MediGap, they need them. And if they throw those members under the bus, they lose them. They have as much reason to watch out for their consumers as any insurance company, any business. And they have a pretty good history of doing well by their people as far as I can see.

    So, other than you just not liking their support, can you show any objective evidence of them not caring about seniors?

    I did provide evidence of why they were doing what they are doing, and you simply dismiss it in an attack the messenger type of retort. It should be clear to anyone reading this that certain supporters of Obama's plans will hear nothing that steps in the way of total fealty, and completion no matter how it will hurt the country.

    You say that the given response is simplistic, and I would refer you to the adage that proclaims Occam's Razor. You ignore the fact that people are leaving AARP in droves, and continue to whistle past the graveyard of our liberty.

    I just don't know if any genuine debate can be had with you.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #480
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I did provide evidence of why they were doing what they are doing, and you simply dismiss it in an attack the messenger type of retort. It should be clear to anyone reading this that certain supporters of Obama's plans will hear nothing that steps in the way of total fealty, and completion no matter how it will hurt the country.

    You say that the given response is simplistic, and I would refer you to the adage that proclaims Occam's Razor. You ignore the fact that people are leaving AARP in droves, and continue to whistle past the graveyard of our liberty.

    I just don't know if any genuine debate can be had with you.


    j-mac
    No, you provided an opinion as to why. That's not really evidence. And I have not seen any evidence presented of people leaving AARP (some pundent saying they are wouldn't be evidence either btw). But, I would be willing to look at evidence. And then you have to provide evidence as to why. Someone's opinion wouldn't be evidence either. It would be an opinion.

    I'm not sure you understand what is and isn't legitimate debate. You seem to think based on this and other conversations that throwing out any opinion equals prove positive. It doesn't. Sorry.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •