Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 499

Thread: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-09-11 @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    162

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Why did Congress exempt themselves from this bill if it's so great for America? This question needs to be asked every Congressman over and over and over...
    Why do you have to rush things? Why do you have to have meetings behind closed doors excluding the Republicans while you were campaigning on "working together" and "transparency"? When your representatives come home for recess, let them have it.

    The reason America keeps getting screwed at election time is because most voters BELIEVE campaign promises and then forget the promises to hold them accountable when they are in office.
    Last edited by TaskmasterX; 12-24-09 at 01:06 PM.

  2. #32
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Does anyone here even know what the heathcare bill is all about?

  3. #33
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Does anyone here even know what the heathcare bill is all about?
    Yes,the destruction of private insurance.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Does anyone here even know what the heathcare bill is all about?
    you don't?

    it's been all over the news
    Last edited by The Prof; 12-24-09 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #35
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you can't?

    it's been all over the news
    And every talking head has a different take on it. I don't believe everything I hear on the news. The death panel BS went too far. Have you read the bill? I do believe the republican pundits are intentionally clouding the issues to confuse the already ignorant public.

  6. #36
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Yes,the destruction of private insurance.
    That's not a bad idea. But it's not true. The private insurance industry is as corrupt as politicians and has most of them in their pocket.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    i already told you

    i read pretty much every report from every news source on the topic since summer

    i took notes most the time

    i report daily ongoings to my sainted mother in arkansas via telephone

    i already told you, my sources are all

    but i get most my scoops from capitol hill sources, especially the 2 insiders, the hill and politico

    politico (vanderhei and allen) are msnbc regulars, perk up your ears when they talk

    i know everything the msm have reported is contained in this bill

    half a t cuts to m and m

    10 years of taxes vs 6 of benefits

    the doc fix

    mandates on individuals to buy, which, right or wrong is one thing, but the politics of it promise pain to the party, especially amongst the peach cheeked

    fines and criminalization of nonconformists

    the lobbyists, the bribes, the phrma

    the deficit---since all sides concede cuts scheduled to m and m will never occur

    not to mention the doc fix

    the class act

    etc, etc, i could and have gone on and on on the subject

    ya want links?

    before asking me to provide em for the 1000th time, might i please request that you search on several of the issues i've listed

    either way, have a wonderful holiday, friend

  8. #38
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Within Your Soul
    Last Seen
    12-25-09 @ 12:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    That's not a bad idea. But it's not true. The private insurance industry is as corrupt as politicians and has most of them in their pocket.
    You have deference towards corrupt politicians over corrupt private business? Your solution just turns it over to another corrupt sect of people.

    Perhaps the real solution is true reform?
    • Medicare and Medicaid audit units targeting waste, corruption, and fraud.
    • Locating Urgent Care Centers next to Emergency Rooms to triage patients
    • Tort reform
    • Insurance competition across state lines
    • Federally fund regional pools of the uninsured and have the insurance companies bid on plans for them


    All of these are far more sensible than what I have heard from Democratic or Republican pundits and what I listed would save billions of dollars. I am still baffled as to why this had to be rushed through and created behind closed doors.
    Last edited by The Truth; 12-24-09 at 01:38 PM.
    "Political bias optional, civility a must" - DebatePolitics.com

    The Truth

  9. #39
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    You have deference towards corrupt politicians over corrupt private business? Your solution just turns it over to another corrupt sect of people.

    Perhaps the real solution is true reform?
    • Medicare and Medicaid audit units targeting waste, corruption, and fraud.
    • Locating Urgent Care Centers next to Emergency Rooms to triage patients
    • Tort reform
    • Insurance competition across state lines
    • Federally fund regional pools of the uninsured and have the insurance companies bid on plans for them


    All of these are far more sensible than what I have heard from Democratic or Republican pundits and what I listed would save billions of dollars. I am still baffled as to why this had to be rushed through and created behind closed doors.
    It's not my solution.

    Your solutions would not put a dent in the problem It would not make it affordible for all and cover those that can't afford to eat let alone pay for insurance.

  10. #40
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,556

    Re: Senate OKs health care measure, reaching milestone

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post

    Your solutions would not put a dent in the problem It would not make it affordible for all and cover those that can't afford to eat let alone pay for insurance.
    But moving from one corrupt peoples to another, would?

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •