Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

  1. #21
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What did Castro say about President Bush?
    Chavez called him 'The Devil'.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is pretty dishonest that you'd side with a Cuban political pawn and then call a few opinions 'The rest of the world'.

    Hmmm....Tell me why the Chinese PM hid from Obama at Copenhagen then? Face it, Barry, is little more than a Thug wanna be, and the rest of the world can't stand him.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm....Tell me why the Chinese PM hid from Obama at Copenhagen then? Face it, Barry, is little more than a Thug wanna be, and the rest of the world can't stand him.


    j-mac
    Jeez! Does the cave you've been living in have a street address?

  4. #24
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    doesn't matter, Bush is no longer in office. We are in the here, and now.


    j-mac
    Well, in all fairness, when Bush WAS in office, Castro's criticism didn't matter because he was a "thug." Remember? Why does his opinion suddenly mean anything now?

    Has he become the new spokesman for the hard right?

    Just askin'.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #25
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well, in all fairness, when Bush WAS in office, Castro's criticism didn't matter because he was a "thug." Remember? Why does his opinion suddenly mean anything now?

    Has he become the new spokesman for the hard right?

    Just askin'.

    Well, who said anything about him being our "spokesman"? See it is exactly that type of Allensky tactic that is known about now, and seedy. This condemnation from Cuba is important because Obama was supposed to be the great soother of souls across the world. he was going to normalize relations with Cuba, and the other despots around the world through little more than his mere presence.

    There was great hopefulness within the left that Obama would indeed normalize with Castro, Chavez, and others that are nothing more than tin horn dictators. Now even they don't seem to buy his BS.

    So let's see, China tells him in Copenhagen that the PM is at the airport, and the rest of the BASIC members are locked in a room dividing up the spoils of America behind his back, to the point that he races around the city looking for them, and then barges in the meeting, and people like Cuba are saying things like this about him?

    You think that is a good job on his part or something?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #26
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Jeez! Does the cave you've been living in have a street address?

    Do you have something to say, or just signature trolling?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #27
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm....Tell me why the Chinese PM hid from Obama at Copenhagen then?
    It is not in China's best interest to support the Copenhagen summit as it would hinder their uncontrolled economic expansion. China is the country dumping raw sewage into it's own water ways. It is the country where the homes of citizens are demolished to make way for polluting factories. It, along with India is a country where the government only looks towards the destruction of it's own local environment when it can no longer avoid the situation. Case and point the Cancer Village. It is not a matter of the environment for China but of economics and politics. Whenever you're ready to debate this topic honestly. Get back at me. Until then.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #28
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is not in China's best interest to support the Copenhagen summit as it would hinder their uncontrolled economic expansion. China is the country dumping raw sewage into it's own water ways. It is the country where the homes of citizens are demolished to make way for polluting factories. It, along with India is a country where the government only looks towards the destruction of it's own local environment when it can no longer avoid the situation. Case and point the Cancer Village. It is not a matter of the environment for China but of economics and politics. Whenever you're ready to debate this topic honestly. Get back at me. Until then.

    It is my understanding that any sort of Cap n Trade type of supposed fix doesn't address this anyway, so then what is the real point of all this hype, and fear from GW fear mongers other than redistribution of nation wealth, and political power centralized in a world order?

    See, face it, this is a giant lie, and you have bought it hook, line, and sinker.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #29
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, who said anything about him being our "spokesman"? See it is exactly that type of Allensky tactic that is known about now, and seedy. This condemnation from Cuba is important because Obama was supposed to be the great soother of souls across the world. he was going to normalize relations with Cuba, and the other despots around the world through little more than his mere presence.

    There was great hopefulness within the left that Obama would indeed normalize with Castro, Chavez, and others that are nothing more than tin horn dictators. Now even they don't seem to buy his BS.

    So let's see, China tells him in Copenhagen that the PM is at the airport, and the rest of the BASIC members are locked in a room dividing up the spoils of America behind his back, to the point that he races around the city looking for them, and then barges in the meeting, and people like Cuba are saying things like this about him?

    You think that is a good job on his part or something?


    j-mac
    More dishonesty projecting mostly strawman expectations of Obama unto the actual situation. Obama has on many occasions said he'd be willing to have talks with Chavez and Cuba. The problem is on the other side. Chavez can not on any kind of political mind frame normalize relations with the U.S. because he is seeking to create a socialist republic much like Fidel did in the early 60s.

    According to some sociology and political science scholars for a regime to exist, it must keep a constant enemy. In Cuba and now Venezuela's case this enemy has to exist to justify the existence of the regime and for that government to keep control of its people. The actual nature of the enemy matters very little. What matters is that he exist so that his deviancy can be used to justify increments of power. Notice how Chavez, a leftist, is opposed to Obama. Why? Is Obama not a left winger? Why is it that Chavez, who has been an adamant opponent of right wing ideology now opposes somebody who by any standard is closer to his beliefs than Bush could ever be? It is because if he actually tried to ameliorate relations with the U.S., he'd no longer be able to justify his choke hold on power.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Cuban minister says Obama "imperial, arrogant"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It is my understanding that any sort of Cap n Trade type of supposed fix doesn't address this anyway, so then what is the real point of all this hype, and fear from GW fear mongers other than redistribution of nation wealth, and political power centralized in a world order
    What does this have to do with what I actually said? You asked why China is opposed to the Copenhagen summit. I provided you the response. It is not a matter of science but politics. They oppose it because it is not good for their business. What does that have to do with your beliefs about Cap'N'Trade? Nothing? Good to know.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •