Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

  1. #41
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I think people are going to be pretty damn surprised at how different the end of Obama's presidency is from the beginning of it. People make the assumption that the spending spree will continue until the nation is bankrupt, but as far as I can see, Obama has been spending money to revitalize the economy and stop the impending collapse of the health care system. Once things are stable, you can probably expect to see some heavy limits on spending and then the GOP will be bitching that Obama isn't spending enough.
    Pass the bong next time around.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #42
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    You are either smoking crack, or you are using the "spin the truth crap you learned from Rush and Sean." No where in my post do you see me oppose support of national security. Now go on the internet and find out where it clearly states that the democrats don't support our troops. You cannot support any of the crap coming from you post. Giving preference to Haliburton to do all the contracts in Iraq has nothing to do with national security, it has to do with what you are accusing the democrats of doing. SPENDING YOU TAX DOLLARS.
    Dept. of Knee Jerk Part 1
    Sean and Rush... yada, yada, yada... that's not debate, that's BS. But good try... if that's all you have for game... try the kiddies debate group.

    Democrats have a record of not supporting the troops.
    There "support the troops but not the mission" is pure BS. If they don't support the mission they voted for... they do not and did not support the troops. The troops know it too.

    Dept. of Socialist Knee Jerk Part 2
    Haliburton was given no-bid contracts in Iraq, just as they had received them under Clinton. There are few companies that do what they do. See the bottom of this post.

    Of course, you would rather see the troops go without the services. OK. We know where you stand... either that or you're ignorant of how things work... of course... because leftists are erections with ears... Halliburton always generated instant stimuli on the left (verbal viagra)... making ever bigger dicks of themselves... cut off the blood supply to their brains... so they failed to hear the rest of the story.

    Halliburton, Cheney, Halliburton, Cheney, Halliburton, Cheney... have you passed out yet?
    No? Perhaps you're not as much of a Dick Durban as you seem.
    There's hope... read on...

    http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york070903.asp
    HALLIBURTON — THE CLINTON CONTRACTOR
    Waxman's second objection concerns the way the company will be paid for its services. The LOGCAP payment method, known as a cost-plus-award, calls for KBR to be paid its costs plus a profit of 1 percent. According to the General Accounting Office, KBR could also earn "an incentive fee of up to nine percent of the cost estimate, based on the contractor's performance in a number of areas, including cost control." In one of his letters to the Corps of Engineers, Waxman says that the cost-plus-award system is "generally discouraged in the executive branch because it provides the contractor with an incentive to increase its profits by increasing the costs to the taxpayer." But in fact, the cost-plus-award method is an extremely common arrangement throughout the defense-contracting industry; one can leaf through the pages of Defense Daily and see many hundreds of contracts handled on the same basis. Given such widespread use, it is hard to conclude that the cost-plus-award method somehow makes the Halliburton contract a sweetheart deal for a politically favored company. (Nor is the contract unusually generous; the LOGCAP's range of a 1 percent to 9 percent fee is in line with standard government/industry practice.)

    [Editor's note — Since this article was published in National Review magazine, Halliburton has said that while the LOGCAP that was in effect from 1992 until 1997 called for a one-to-nine percent profit range, the LOGCAP in effect now calls for significantly less, a one-to-three percent profit margin.]
    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-23-09 at 03:24 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Anyone oh...hitting 60 years of age soon?

    Now, can that person tell me how governments in the past 42 years have treated tax dollars?
    Which government passed the largest pork program in history? Which president signed off on giving away $100 billion to stop non-existant global warming? Whihc president pushed for a health care bill that will destroy the economy, along with our health care system? None of tat happened in the past 60 years. It happened over the last 10 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Bull****! I bet that by the time Onumbnuts is finished trashing the free market economy, unemployment will be at 15%
    Bassman,did'nt realize you were such an optimist

    I bet it will get closer to 20% IF all of Obama's policies are implemented.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #45
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Maybe whenever he plays Monopoly with his family, he always volunteers to be the banker.


  6. #46
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Dept. of Knee Jerk Part 1
    Sean and Rush... yada, yada, yada... that's not debate, that's BS. But good try... if that's all you have for game... try the kiddies debate group.

    Democrats have a record of not supporting the troops.
    There "support the troops but not the mission" is pure BS. If they don't support the mission they voted for... they do not and did not support the troops. The troops know it too.

    Dept. of Socialist Knee Jerk Part 2
    Haliburton was given no-bid contracts in Iraq, just as they had received them under Clinton. There are few companies that do what they do. See the bottom of this post.

    Of course, you would rather see the troops go without the services. OK. We know where you stand... either that or you're ignorant of how things work... of course... because leftists are erections with ears... Halliburton always generated instant stimuli on the left (verbal viagra)... making ever bigger dicks of themselves... cut off the blood supply to their brains... so they failed to hear the rest of the story.

    Halliburton, Cheney, Halliburton, Cheney, Halliburton, Cheney... have you passed out yet?
    No? Perhaps you're not as much of a Dick Durban as you seem.
    There's hope... read on...

    Byron York on Halliburton on National Review Online

    .
    Wow, kiddie debate. Big words from a small mind. I will give it to you, you sure like to switch and bait. Again, I ask you where do you hear me bashing the military and not supporting their mission. Please share with me where Democrats don't support the mission or the troops. But, I thought the mission was accomplished in Iraq? Didn't GW fly on a carrier with a banner saying that?

    Your source is a right wing publication meant to skew facts, and you claim you are opened minded. Find something that does not smell of right wing propaganda meant to lead lemmings who are free thinkers.

    Zimmer this is fun, please continue. I like debating with some who has found the light and are open minded.

    BTW, Happy Holidays, and even though I don't agree with you. I respect your right to say it. Just having fun debating. In the end, we are americans, and I'd watch your back in an attack.

    Originally Posted by zimmer
    Yes.
    I must admit.
    I used to be a moral relativist-socialist moron. Then I grew up.

    You see, I kept my mind open, learned history, traveled the world... now for decades... and came to obvious conclusions... so long as you aren't narrow or blind... So:
    I was wrong in my youth.
    I am sorry.

    What's your excuse?

    What I find all to hilarious is the party who's mantra was "keep an open mind... challenge authority", now is the most closed minded, intolerant lot you can imagine. They have all the wrong answers, but they forge ahead anyways. A pliable media is always handy in their pursuit. Ask any despot.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  7. #47
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which government passed the largest pork program in history? Which president signed off on giving away $100 billion to stop non-existant global warming? Whihc president pushed for a health care bill that will destroy the economy, along with our health care system? None of tat happened in the past 60 years. It happened over the last 10 months.
    I highly doubt you are in any..... any position for your opinion to be considered an accurate prediction/assessment.

    Destroy the economy is a mighty big claim.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #48
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    TBone, read the bottom first.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Wow, kiddie debate. Big words from a small mind. I will give it to you, you sure like to switch and bait. Again, I ask you where do you hear me bashing the military and not supporting their mission. Please share with me where Democrats don't support the mission or the troops. But, I thought the mission was accomplished in Iraq? Didn't GW fly on a carrier with a banner saying that?
    You must be joking, but I know you're not. Where have the Dems failed to support the mission or troops? ROTFLMFAO... where have you been since 2003? In a cave with bin Laden?

    Mission Accomplished... Halliburton... another Knee Jerk Alert.
    You have the kool-Aid flowing through your blood.

    Have you learned about Halliburton now? Swallowed the truth. Realized you've been a sucker, on your knees inhaling the goo from the Liberal pipe?


    Your source is a right wing publication meant to skew facts, and you claim you are opened minded.
    You are going to tell me The Clinton's didn't provide such contracts?
    LOL... you really are a "Moderate".

    Find something that does not smell of right wing propaganda meant to lead lemmings who are free thinkers.
    Facts you do not like are propaganda. How open minded. Again, if these are not facts, then show me where they are wrong. That is debate... but you have no facts to rebut the fact The Clintons acted as stated in the article.

    An Inconvenient Truth for you... to be dismissed because you don't like the source and you have nothing to rebut it with.

    Zimmer this is fun, please continue. I like debating with some who has found the light and are open minded.
    Your debate is devoid of facts, but heavy on thin air.

    BTW, Happy Holidays, and even though I don't agree with you. I respect your right to say it. Just having fun debating. In the end, we are americans, and I'd watch your back in an attack.
    Cheers, I'm lifting a brew in your direction in the spirit of the Holidays. Merry Christmas... I hope you and your family are healthy and happy.

    Be well.

    Cheers.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •