Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

  1. #31
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    good and evil, right and wrong, success and failure for a reason.
    Ever considered that the reason might be people like you?

    Just sayin'....

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Well it's at the very least a true statement.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #33
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Ever considered that the reason might be people like you?

    Just sayin'....
    Yes.
    I must admit.
    I used to be a moral relativist-socialist moron. Then I grew up.

    You see, I kept my mind open, learned history, traveled the world... now for decades... and came to obvious conclusions... so long as you aren't narrow or blind... So:
    I was wrong in my youth.
    I am sorry.

    What's your excuse?

    What I find all to hilarious is the party who's mantra was "keep an open mind... challenge authority", now is the most closed minded, intolerant lot you can imagine. They have all the wrong answers, but they forge ahead anyways. A pliable media is always handy in their pursuit. Ask any despot.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-22-09 at 02:04 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #34
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Two words that mean nothing to our disloyal, anti-American, Socialist Opposition:

    National Security.

    You seem ignorant about post Gulf War I, 911, the UN... but that is no surprise... after all, you're a Democrat.

    You forget YOUR party voted to send troops... because it was politically expedient. Then you and your party turned on our troops when they were in the middle of a war and needed our support most. That is scum-like behavior... using votes for war as political cover, and then doing a 180... empowering the enemy.

    SCUM.

    .
    You are either smoking crack, or you are using the "spin the truth crap you learned from Rush and Sean." No where in my post do you see me oppose support of national security. Now go on the internet and find out where it clearly states that the democrats don't support our troops. You cannot support any of the crap coming from you post. Giving preference to Haliburton to do all the contracts in Iraq has nothing to do with national security, it has to do with what you are accusing the democrats of doing. SPENDING YOU TAX DOLLARS.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    You are either smoking crack, or you are using the "spin the truth crap you learned from Rush and Sean." No where in my post do you see me oppose support of national security. Now go on the internet and find out where it clearly states that the democrats don't support our troops. You cannot support any of the crap coming from you post. Giving preference to Haliburton to do all the contracts in Iraq has nothing to do with national security, it has to do with what you are accusing the democrats of doing. SPENDING YOU TAX DOLLARS.
    I think a more accurate misrepresentation would be:

    SOME Democrats don't support the troops

    SOME Republicans 'support' them too much

  6. #36
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yes.
    I must admit.
    I used to be a moral relativist-socialist moron. Then I grew up.

    You see, I kept my mind open, learned history, traveled the world... now for decades... and came to obvious conclusions... so long as you aren't narrow or blind... So:
    I was wrong in my youth.
    I am sorry.

    What's your excuse?

    What I find all to hilarious is the party who's mantra was "keep an open mind... challenge authority", now is the most closed minded, intolerant lot you can imagine. They have all the wrong answers, but they forge ahead anyways. A pliable media is always handy in their pursuit. Ask any despot.

    .
    My hero.


    You are sooo right the GOP has all the right answers. Yet, they refuse to tell anyone what they are.

    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  7. #37
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I think a more accurate misrepresentation would be:

    SOME Democrats don't support the troops

    SOME Republicans 'support' them too much
    Thank you. could not have said it better than you.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  8. #38
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    I think people are going to be pretty damn surprised at how different the end of Obama's presidency is from the beginning of it. People make the assumption that the spending spree will continue until the nation is bankrupt, but as far as I can see, Obama has been spending money to revitalize the economy and stop the impending collapse of the health care system. Once things are stable, you can probably expect to see some heavy limits on spending and then the GOP will be bitching that Obama isn't spending enough.

  9. #39
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I think people are going to be pretty damn surprised at how different the end of Obama's presidency is from the beginning of it. People make the assumption that the spending spree will continue until the nation is bankrupt, but as far as I can see, Obama has been spending money to revitalize the economy and stop the impending collapse of the health care system. Once things are stable, you can probably expect to see some heavy limits on spending and then the GOP will be bitching that Obama isn't spending enough.
    Bull****! I bet that by the time Onumbnuts is finished trashing the free market economy, unemployment will be at 15%


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Obama: We Can't Treat Tax Dollars Like 'Monopoly Money'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I think people are going to be pretty damn surprised at how different the end of Obama's presidency is from the beginning of it. People make the assumption that the spending spree will continue until the nation is bankrupt, but as far as I can see, Obama has been spending money to revitalize the economy and stop the impending collapse of the health care system. Once things are stable, you can probably expect to see some heavy limits on spending and then the GOP will be bitching that Obama isn't spending enough.
    Noted and logged. Let us see in 3 years if you have proven yourself a psychic!

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...cs-thread.html
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 12-23-09 at 12:02 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •