Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Scientists in the Philippines have raised the alert level for the volatile volcano Mount Mayon, amid fears of an imminent eruption.

    It is now at four out of a possible five, meaning a hazardous eruption "is possible within days". Level five is when a major eruption has begun.
    This particular volcano is a particularly dangerous one. When it erupted in 1814, it killed more than 1,200 people, and destroyed several towns. Yet, due to it's shape, in a perfect cone, it is a popular tourist attraction. Not for me, though. If I should ever go to the Philippines, I have no intention of receiving a Darwin Award. I will stay away. Let others get their 2 minutes of fame, which they will never have a chance to read about, on the internet.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 12-21-09 at 01:33 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Ohnoes! Volcano!

  3. #3
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Now see this would not be happening if Bush had gone along with the KYOTO agreement and the bid snow storm that blanketed parts of the east coast would never have happened either.

    These effects of GLOBAL WARMING are becoming more and more evident. Earth Quakes are sure to follow if Cap and Trade is not past immediately.

    I think the thing Obama is going to warn against next is that if we don't pass health care and Cap and Trade by the end of the year we are going to be hit by an Extinction Level Event, (ELE) Asteroid.

    And don't even get me started about the whole Anti-Christ connection.

    But I guess what we need to be most concerned with according to Al Gore is that some of that 2 million degree magma from below the surface of the Earth's crust is going to burst forth and bring about Armageddon by setting fire to the Earth's atmosphere.

    And to think we owe all this devastation, and destruction, driving to work, eating beef, and damn it all, it's you bastards that insist on breathing that contribute nothing to the solution and everything to the problems.

    This has been heart breaking to write but it had to be said. If all you Liberals Socialist/Communist Obama worshiping tree hugging dumb asses will just hold your breath for about any hour, all of these problems will magically go away.

    I can give you an iron clad Obama guarantee it will happen so won't you as a good Obamanite take the pledge to stop spewing that awful CO2 that comes from your exhaling. If you have trouble I suggest the use of a plastic bag placed over your head and enlist a friend to tie a cord of some kind aroung you your neck to insure a tight seal.

    It's time to do your part for Obama and help save all man kind.
    Last edited by Councilman; 12-21-09 at 02:36 PM.

  4. #4
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Moderator's Warning:
    Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'Stick to the topic. Stop the trolling plz.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  5. #5
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Now see this would not be happening if Bush had gone along with the KYOTO agreement and the bid snow storm that blanketed parts of the east coast would never have happened either.

    These effects of GLOBAL WARMING are becoming more and more evident. Earth Quakes are sure to follow if Cap and Trade is not past immediately.

    I think the thing Obama is going to warn against next is that if we don't pass health care and Cap and Trade by the end of the year we are going to be hit by an Extinction Level Event, (ELE) Asteroid.

    And don't even get me started about the whole Anti-Christ connection.

    But I guess what we need to be most concerned with according to Al Gore is that some of that 2 million degree magma from below the surface of the Earth's crust is going to burst forth and bring about Armageddon by setting fire to the Earth's atmosphere.

    And to think we owe all this devastation, and destruction, driving to work, eating beef, and damn it all, it's you bastards that insist on breathing that contribute nothing to the solution and everything to the problems.

    This has been heart breaking to write but it had to be said. If all you Liberals Socialist/Communist Obama worshiping tree hugging dumb asses will just hold your breath for about any hour, all of these problems will magically go away.

    I can give you an iron clad Obama guarantee it will happen so won't you as a good Obamanite take the pledge to stop spewing that awful CO2 that comes from your exhaling. If you have trouble I suggest the use of a plastic bag placed over your head and enlist a friend to tie a cord of some kind aroung you your neck to insure a tight seal.

    It's time to do your part for Obama and help save all man kind.
    What a silly, silly post.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What a silly, silly post.
    Oh come now. It isn't as silly as the claims from the left. It's a joke people get a grip.

    Truth is Volcanic eruptions can be devastating to local populations, plant and animal life, but on top of that they can feects on both sides of Global warming.

    Atmospheric eruptions can cool temperatures on a global scale depending on the duration and scale of the eruption, as smoke and particulates block Sun light.

    Undersea eruptions can effect water temperatures and if take place over a long period of time and are large enough they can warm the air over that portion of the sea creating conditions conducive to the creation of storms.

    So far volcanic activity has never been successfully linked to human causes.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Don't massive volcanic eruptions lower temperature in many areas? (obviously not the ones covered in lava!)

  8. #8
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Looks like the Earth is going to cool down faster than it already was when this baby blows.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  9. #9
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Don't massive volcanic eruptions lower temperature in many areas? (obviously not the ones covered in lava!)
    Yes as I said and if the super Volcano that is the Yellowstone caldera erupts as it it seems to be headed toward the Nation as a whole will have hell to pay and there nothing known to man that can stop or slow it down. The effects would, or rather will be on a global scale heretofore unseen in human history.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Philippine volcano Mount Mayon 'may erupt within days'

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Yes as I said and if the super Volcano that is the Yellowstone caldera erupts as it it seems to be headed toward the Nation as a whole will have hell to pay and there nothing known to man that can stop or slow it down. The effects would, or rather will be on a global scale heretofore unseen in human history.
    I think they were saying the volcanic fissure in iceland could erupt soon because the glaciers aren't able to hold the pressure back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •