Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 396

Thread: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

  1. #81
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The argument(and whether it is true or not I do not know) is that those without health coverage cannot get preventative care that those with health coverage can get.

    Two things I'd like to address here. This statement is misleading in itself. First off, there are things like reduced cost pay clinics out there that offer good preventive care for around $20. per visit. And before you say that the people that you are speaking of are too poor to afford that, we already have programs in place for them. One is called Medicaid.


    This does not mean that there are not both real need for reform

    The strawman in the liberal argument here is that conservatives want to do nothing, when in fact that is not the case at all. Real proposals have been offered time and time again to be roundly ignored by the liberals in the congress, and then the talking point that reps have offered nothing is an outright lie. The difference is that the proposals that reps offer will not give enough control over people to make a difference to power hungry demo's that want nothing out of any of this but control.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Two things I'd like to address here. This statement is misleading in itself. First off, there are things like reduced cost pay clinics out there that offer good preventive care for around $20. per visit. And before you say that the people that you are speaking of are too poor to afford that, we already have programs in place for them. One is called Medicaid.
    Not where I am for example. If I want to go to a free/reduced cost clinic, it's a 40 mile drive. Using the example of my father I mentioned earlier, he simply would not have bothered. Things can be better.

    The strawman in the liberal argument here is that conservatives want to do nothing, when in fact that is not the case at all. Real proposals have been offered time and time again to be roundly ignored by the liberals in the congress, and then the talking point that reps have offered nothing is an outright lie. The difference is that the proposals that reps offer will not give enough control over people to make a difference to power hungry demo's that want nothing out of any of this but control.


    j-mac
    Then why where these things not done when republicans had control?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not where I am for example. If I want to go to a free/reduced cost clinic, it's a 40 mile drive. Using the example of my father I mentioned earlier, he simply would not have bothered. Things can be better.
    And I'm willing to bet that the current "Health Care Reform" isn't going to bring that clinic any closer...My point? Perhaps we should address what is broken now instead of compounding the Health Care problem with more legislation.

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    And I'm willing to bet that the current "Health Care Reform" isn't going to bring that clinic any closer...My point? Perhaps we should address what is broken now instead of compounding the Health Care problem with more legislation.
    It will provide health coverage for an estimated extra 10 million(?) in the senate version, which is an improvement. For those, it will be a significant improvement. Whether it is worth the cost, or there are better ways is open to debate, and I would do things differently myself, but doing nothing is not a good plan either to my mind.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #85
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    And I'm willing to bet that the current "Health Care Reform" isn't going to bring that clinic any closer...My point? Perhaps we should address what is broken now instead of compounding the Health Care problem with more legislation.
    Redress, how far are you from healthcare? Where's the closest hospital?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #86
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Redress, how far are you from healthcare? Where's the closest hospital?
    I am not talking about "healthcare" in general. Try and keep up with the discussion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It will provide health coverage for an estimated extra 10 million(?) in the senate version, which is an improvement. For those, it will be a significant improvement. Whether it is worth the cost, or there are better ways is open to debate, and I would do things differently myself, but doing nothing is not a good plan either to my mind.
    I guess getting health coverage for an extra 10 millie will be easy with the tax increases/fines they'll be handing out to the rest of us insured, selfish, 6-figure citizens. Doing nothing isn't the plan I'm promoting. I promote tort reform, removal of bureaucracy, and the ever so crazy "Responsible Use of Medical Services" idea. ie Don't go to the ER with a runny nose to get a prescription for cough and cold medicine when you can get it at the store.

  8. #88
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I guess getting health coverage for an extra 10 millie will be easy with the tax increases/fines they'll be handing out to the rest of us insured, selfish, 6-figure citizens. Doing nothing isn't the plan I'm promoting. I promote tort reform, removal of bureaucracy, and the ever so crazy "Responsible Use of Medical Services" idea. ie Don't go to the ER with a runny nose to get a prescription for cough and cold medicine when you can get it at the store.
    Actually I'd rather have the Universal Car Care.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #89
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not talking about "healthcare" in general. Try and keep up with the discussion.
    Oooooh condescension, good good. Your hallmark.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #90
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not where I am for example. If I want to go to a free/reduced cost clinic, it's a 40 mile drive. Using the example of my father I mentioned earlier, he simply would not have bothered. Things can be better.

    I can see that. But this is where you come in as his daughter, No? I mean, Insurance or no, if there is a problem and he alone won't take care of it, it's up to you to make sure that it is looked at by someone. Drive or no. And 40 minutes in the car is not a long way to go to see a Doc. Try out in the say, Wyoming countryside, or fly over country in Montana. I bet its a lot longer than that. Still doesn't mean that Government should take over Health care.


    Then why where these things not done when republicans had control?

    Can you show where Health care was in the immediate spotlight during the repub control of the congress? No, we were busy fending off repeated attacks from libs at for most of that time weren't we? And if it wasn't attacks it was pure obstruction. Now all the sudden we should just slink into a corner and STFU? I don't think so.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •