Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 396

Thread: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

  1. #351
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    seven---that's SEVEN---democrat INCUMBENTS, SENATORS all, head into 2010 TRAILING in the polls, versus challengers few have heard of, by between 5 and 22 points

    dorgan, lincoln, reid, dodd, specter, biden, bennett

    and that's only concurrent with so much TALK ABOUT this pig of a bill

    ie, BEFORE it's passage

    congrats, president obama

    live it, love it

    RealClearPolitics - Latest Election Polls

  2. #352
    User JustGinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-08-11 @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Thanks j-mac

  3. #353
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've explained this a few times. The opposition has made it one ugly process and democrats haven't helped much.

    However, when ever polls ask specific questions, like do you want the public option, the answer has been yes for a majority. When asked do you want to do away with pre-existing conditions, they want that. On the details, for the most part, the people are much closer to Obama's view. So, a government of the people goes for what they want, even if it looks like they don't with misleading polls. And if they get it wrong, we vote them out.
    Do you know whats disingenous about this post? The fact that you are trying to single out specifics in the bill that you KNOW most people want. Of COURSE people want to do away with pre-existing conditions crap that most insurance companies pull. But that is only part of what is in the bill. A very small part at that. Fact is that the majority of people do not want this health care bill. Yes they want health care reform. No they do not want much of what is in this bill. Sure they may agree with some of the things. That does not mean that they agree with the majority of it. To suggest otherwise is disingenous.

    The other fact is that the Democrats are not listening to the majority of people. What's ironic in the extreme here is that Republicans are being called the "party of no" by Democrats when it appears that the Republicans are actually listening to the people..and therefore are voting against the HCB which the majority of people do not want.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #354
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Here is the link to the original article.

    Nelson gives Democrats 60 healthcare votes - UPI.com

    because 10 days a 353 posts after the OP, my oversight has become problematic enough to warrant a "Warning".
    From the ashes.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Do you know whats disingenous about this post? The fact that you are trying to single out specifics in the bill that you KNOW most people want. Of COURSE people want to do away with pre-existing conditions crap that most insurance companies pull. But that is only part of what is in the bill. A very small part at that. Fact is that the majority of people do not want this health care bill. Yes they want health care reform. No they do not want much of what is in this bill. Sure they may agree with some of the things. That does not mean that they agree with the majority of it. To suggest otherwise is disingenous.

    The other fact is that the Democrats are not listening to the majority of people. What's ironic in the extreme here is that Republicans are being called the "party of no" by Democrats when it appears that the Republicans are actually listening to the people..and therefore are voting against the HCB which the majority of people do not want.
    Well, they want the things people like you complain about. So, what specifically don't they want? Please, be specific.

    And no, republicans are not listening, but instead adding to the confusion by giving some credence to death panel and rationing and socialism (one of the reason Grassley and I have been emailing each other. His dishonesty changes my vote for him).

  6. #356
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    "people like you..."

    LOL!

    this is the level of argument?

    if obama wanted pre-existing conditions he coulda had it like a finger snap with unanimous bipartisan support

    get real

  7. #357
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, they want the things people like you complain about. So, what specifically don't they want? Please, be specific.

    And no, republicans are not listening, but instead adding to the confusion by giving some credence to death panel and rationing and socialism (one of the reason Grassley and I have been emailing each other. His dishonesty changes my vote for him).
    Like me? Complain about? Where did I EVER complain about that particular aspect of the bill?

    As for what they specifically don't want? Sorry but I'm not going to open myself up to the usual explanation of "it's based on a lie blah blah blah". Do your own homework. As your post is obviously already doing.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Like me? Complain about? Where did I EVER complain about that particular aspect of the bill?

    As for what they specifically don't want? Sorry but I'm not going to open myself up to the usual explanation of "it's based on a lie blah blah blah". Do your own homework. As your post is obviously already doing.
    I have done my homework, and it has been the lying that has tarred the effort (and that some rightly believe it doesn't go far enough). You know that, which is why you avoid.

  9. #359
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    avoid

    LOL!

    half a T cuts to m and m

    double counting a quarter T

    10 years of taxes, 6 of benefits

    mandates on individuals, fines, jail

    unbearable burdens on bankrupt states

    the class act

    the doc fix

    the bribes

    the lobbyists

    the secrecy

    etc

    "avoid"

    LOL!

    100 posts on death panels (LOL!) and pre existing conditions

    nary a link

    opinions, philosophies, personal proclivities...

    so girly, so mirror oriented

    the BILL is a PIG

    deal with it

  10. #360
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Wrong Bucko. Lots of special interest groups that have profits to lose from reform has a lot to do with the opposition. They have the funding and backing (congress critters getting money) for lots of misinformation which gets desseminated to the public, which some sadly are very easy to confuse due to laziness, partisanship, and just plain uninformed.



    What a panty load.
    "if we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Cooper, 29 November 1802
    Your lot usually considers the Founders to be idiots.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •