Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 396

Thread: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

  1. #291
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. Regardless of who's in office, I don't mind my taxes tackling real problems.

    So let's see if I can get at the heart here, you want federally subsidized health insurance for all right? You say that is a right?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #292
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So let's see if I can get at the heart here, you want federally subsidized health insurance for all right? You say that is a right?


    j-mac
    I'll give you half of that. I don't say it is a right. But I would prefer a universal insurer for a few reasons:

    1. it would take it away from business, a benefit which hinders their ability to compete.

    2. With a large pool, there would be less reason to deny people or make insurance too expensive to have.

    3. Taxes would likely be less than than the premiums we pay now, especially if you include the company's portion.

    But I never said it was a right. Just a way to tackle a serious problem.

  3. #293
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'll give you half of that. I don't say it is a right. But I would prefer a universal insurer for a few reasons:

    1. it would take it away from business, a benefit which hinders their ability to compete.

    2. With a large pool, there would be less reason to deny people or make insurance too expensive to have.

    3. Taxes would likely be less than than the premiums we pay now, especially if you include the company's portion.

    But I never said it was a right. Just a way to tackle a serious problem.

    But you want those that don't have insurance to get it through our subsidy right?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #294
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    But you want those that don't have insurance to get it through our subsidy right?


    j-mac
    Better than us paying the price willy nilly through provide cost hikes and increased insurance premiums designed to make up for those costs. Yes.

  5. #295
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Better than us paying the price willy nilly through provide cost hikes and increased insurance premiums designed to make up for those costs. Yes.

    Ok, how about an apt? There are a lot of homeless out there, should we pay for homes for them too?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #296
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, how about an apt? There are a lot of homeless out there, should we pay for homes for them too?


    j-mac
    We should be concerned about their shelter, yes. If for non other reason than humanitarian reasons. But largely because there are problems there which effect all of us.

  7. #297
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We should be concerned about their shelter, yes. If for non other reason than humanitarian reasons. But largely because there are problems there which effect all of us.

    Ok, how about daycare, can't work without daycare right?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #298
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, how about daycare, can't work without daycare right?


    j-mac
    We do that now in many cases. Don't we? I suppose it would be good for all of us if children stayed home alone, as I'm sure nothing that would happen in that environment would ever spill out and effect us.

    I know where you're going, so cut to the chase. Is there a limit? probably, which is why we fight over these things. But if we can see a reason, and we can afford it, or like health care find a cheaper way to do what we're already doing (we're already paying for people outside of meidcare and medicaid), we should consider it.

  9. #299
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We do that now in many cases. Don't we? I suppose it would be good for all of us if children stayed home alone, as I'm sure nothing that would happen in that environment would ever spill out and effect us.

    I know where you're going, so cut to the chase. Is there a limit? probably, which is why we fight over these things. But if we can see a reason, and we can afford it, or like health care find a cheaper way to do what we're already doing (we're already paying for people outside of meidcare and medicaid), we should consider it.

    I'll consider that a yes.


    Ok, you believe that I through my ability, should subsidize some one elses need right?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #300
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'll consider that a yes.


    Ok, you believe that I through my ability, should subsidize some one elses need right?


    j-mac
    Not sure that is what I said. Take buying insurance, premiums are to be paid. It isn't free. But as you are paying for them right now. If we do nothing at all, you are paying for them right now. Not just people in medicare or medicaid, but people, working people often, who are on in any government program, who are uninsured, and who receive medical care. You're paying for them right now, in the most expensive way. Seems to me that some intelligent spending might be better.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •