Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 396

Thread: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

  1. #281
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, but if my house is penalized for not having green paint on the roof, and I'm charged a non green roof tax, paid when paying my taxes, it is also a tax.
    That is also a fine for non compliance, it's simply relabeled a tax because the word "fine" carries negative connotations with it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #282
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That is also a fine for non compliance, it's simply relabeled a tax because the word "fine" carries negative connotations with it.
    Still, it is what it is. It is also a tax.

    Seems like a small point we're wasting so much time on. But, if you insist, continue.

  3. #283
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Still, it is what it is. It is also a tax.

    Seems like a small point we're wasting so much time on. But, if you insist, continue.

    How high, and how many aspects of life must the federal government be able to reach into my wallet, and steal my earnings before you say enough is enough?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #284
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How high, and how many aspects of life must the federal government be able to reach into my wallet, and steal my earnings before you say enough is enough?


    j-mac
    That's another question, but if it can do so and reduce other costs for me, it can be a net gain. Don't think we're there yet, but we could get there with real reform.

    Remember, we are the government and we decide what we will and won't pay for.

  5. #285
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's another question, but if it can do so and reduce other costs for me, it can be a net gain. Don't think we're there yet, but we could get there with real reform.

    Remember, we are the government and we decide what we will and won't pay for.

    Not an answer, let me rephrase. How much tax do you think an individual making say $50K per year should pay on a federal level?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #286
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not an answer, let me rephrase. How much tax do you think an individual making say $50K per year should pay on a federal level?


    j-mac
    I don't have a number. I make about that. Doing alright. And would be willing to pay a little more to tackle this problem.

  7. #287
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't have a number. I make about that. Doing alright. And would be willing to pay a little more to tackle this problem.

    How much?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #288
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How much?


    j-mac
    Don't tell me we're going to be silly here. I don't have a number, period. You can ask a thousand times, and I still won't have a number. When they want to tax me for a reason I don't support, I'll tell you.

  9. #289
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't tell me we're going to be silly here. I don't have a number, period. You can ask a thousand times, and I still won't have a number. When they want to tax me for a reason I don't support, I'll tell you.

    My guess is when a repub is in office. But listen, you're in luck, because since you have no problem sending in a little extra, then I can assure you the the IRS will accept it gladly. Just mark on the check remit to deficit. Will you do that?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #290
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My guess is when a repub is in office. But listen, you're in luck, because since you have no problem sending in a little extra, then I can assure you the the IRS will accept it gladly. Just mark on the check remit to deficit. Will you do that?


    j-mac
    Nope. Regardless of who's in office, I don't mind my taxes tackling real problems.

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •