Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 396

Thread: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

  1. #231
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Perhaps, but try finding something newer that is written commonly. BTW, have you read that second amendment? Very poorly written. That's not a statement of any position on it other than it is poorly written.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    What is poorly written about it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #232
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What is poorly written about it?


    j-mac
    You can read it a couple of different ways depending on how you read "A well regulated militia being necessary to a free state . . . .." Both sides of the debate use the wording to make their case.

  3. #233
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You can read it a couple of different ways depending on how you read "A well regulated militia being necessary to a free state . . . .." Both sides of the debate use the wording to make their case.

    Not if you understand the times, and read it along with the intent of the Founders. the only people I see trying to read it a different way, are those wishing to restrict gun ownership in this nation.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #234
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not if you understand the times, and read it along with the intent of the Founders. the only people I see trying to read it a different way, are those wishing to restrict gun ownership in this nation.


    j-mac
    Again, you have to read into it, which makes it poorly written.

    As for the times, they didn't have much of a standing army and needed a militia to be available to fight when needed. Because of this, they needed people to have weapons, which wasn't as easy as many think. So, they wrote this amendment. Now, the world today isn't like that, so no matter which way we go with the reading, it won't be based on us needing to have a militia to call on bringing their own weapons.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    absolutely, the second amendment is too open to interpretation

    just like:

    1. buy insurance or pay a fine

    2. pay the fine or go to jail

    just too much to connect, too far a reach

  6. #236
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    absolutely, the second amendment is too open to interpretation

    just like:

    1. buy insurance or pay a fine

    2. pay the fine or go to jail

    just too much to connect, too far a reach
    At least you're consistently silly.

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    this, from the person who does the most talking about a bill knowing least what's in it

    like half a T cuts to m and m

    10 years of taxes and 6 of revenues

    a quarter T doc fix

    200B of unbacked burdens on already bankrupt states

    taxes on small biz, benefits, payroll and targeted industries

    mandates on individuals to buy a very expensive product, with criminalization and jail time for those who refuse

    like keith olbermann

    Breitbart.tv Olbermann Would Choose Jail Over ‘This Perversion of Health Care Reform’

    the animated msnbc anchor is sometimes just so silly

  8. #238
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    this, from the person who does the most talking about a bill knowing least what's in it

    like half a T cuts to m and m

    10 years of taxes and 6 of revenues

    a quarter T doc fix

    200B of unbacked burdens on already bankrupt states

    taxes on small biz, benefits, payroll and targeted industries

    mandates on individuals to buy a very expensive product, with criminalization and jail time for those who refuse

    like keith olbermann

    Breitbart.tv Olbermann Would Choose Jail Over ‘This Perversion of Health Care Reform’

    the animated msnbc anchor is sometimes just so silly
    He is silly. Surprised you listen to him. But then again, I did say you were consistently silly, so I shouldn't really be surprised.

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    half a T cuts to m and m aren't silly

    nor is zeroing out medicare advantage

    nor is obama's offhanded observation---my budget is balanced, you states can pick up the tab

    nor are fines for and criminalization of those who refuse to cooperate

    issues aren't silly

    mindlessly mumbled distinctions without differences are

    1. buy the coverage

    2. fines

    3. jail

    simple, but very serious

  10. #240
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    half a T cuts to m and m aren't silly

    nor is zeroing out medicare advantage

    nor is obama's offhanded observation---my budget is balanced, you states can pick up the tab

    nor are fines for and criminalization of those who refuse to cooperate

    issues aren't silly

    mindlessly mumbled distinctions without differences are

    1. buy the coverage

    2. fines

    3. jail

    simple, but very serious
    It is simple. The penalty for not having insurance is a tax. Period. YOu can't go to jail for not having insurance. If you look at the law, some penalties include both a fine and / or prison time. If the bill read this way, you would be correct.

    It doesn't. Instead, you have to break a separate law in order to end up in jail. Again, this is mere fact.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •