Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 396

Thread: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Try to keep up, eh?
    I always assume you are wrong, so don't pay much attention. What do you want my opinion on specifically? Speak up or let it go.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #122
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not only inaccurate, but over the top rhetoric. Let me give you an example from my own experience. My father went to the doctor because he started to have a bunch of little brown bumps on the skin of his abdomen.
    Right, and under UHC he wouldn't have an appointment in a week, try three months from Tuesday provided there's a cancellation or death from the wait.
    He could do this because to visit the doctor was 10 dollars through his health coverage. Turned out, he had non hodgkins lymphoma....cancer.
    Which was great that it was found in a timely manner, may not have been such a fast process under a socialized medicine country.
    He got a fair number of years that he would not have had simply because he was able to go to the doctor for what he thought was a minor problem. Charity medical clinics are not somewhere you go for things like this. Charities are great, but they do not solve all problems.
    That's a great point, so then why do you want the federal government to create a defacto charity system nationwide, and furthermore why would you want a Washington beaurocrat making your health choices?
    Now you can disagree with the health care proposals, I got no problem with that. I am not entirely sold on either, and am opposed to a single payer or public option, at least at this time. This does not mean that there are not both real need for reform, and real reasons why some one might support these bills.
    So where is the reform in this bill? And I want specifics.
    Stupidity like saying people should be locked up for voting for this is over the top, and just lowers the level of discourse.
    I never said they should be locked up for voting for it, but you did conveniently pass over my stating specifically that in the process of buying off representatives there have been kickbacks issued, there have been unethical behaviors, etc. If I, as an agent used money or other financial perks to induce a person to do business with me, or to otherwise influence the final deal, I get to go to prison, so why should these dishonest scumbags get a break?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #123
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058433415]
    Right, and under UHC he wouldn't have an appointment in a week, try three months from Tuesday provided there's a cancellation or death from the wait. Which was great that it was found in a timely manner, may not have been such a fast process under a socialized medicine country. That's a great point, so then why do you want the federal government to create a defacto charity system nationwide, and furthermore why would you want a Washington beaurocrat making your health choices?
    So where is the reform in this bill? And I want specifics. I never said they should be locked up for voting for it, but you did conveniently pass over my stating specifically that in the process of buying off representatives there have been kickbacks issued, there have been unethical behaviors, etc. If I, as an agent used money or other financial perks to induce a person to do business with me, or to otherwise influence the final deal, I get to go to prison, so why should these dishonest scumbags get a break?
    Hi, we are talking about the health care bills in the house and senate. neither has UHC. Care to talk about what is actually proposed?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #124
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post

    Hi, we are talking about the health care bills in the house and senate. neither has UHC. Care to talk about what is actually proposed?
    So they can't just add UHC later when they feel the public has accepted the fallout from this? Is that what you want to go on record as saying? Also, what specifically will this bill reform? Second request.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    So they can't just add UHC later when they feel the public has accepted the fallout from this? Is that what you want to go on record as saying? Also, what specifically will this bill reform? Second request.
    This answer depends on what version of the bill you are talking about. Subsidies for the poor to help with insurance, not allowing pre-existing condition exceptions(which I think is a significant gain), a clearinghouse for easing getting insurance from a nonprofit insurance company among other things. I am far from an expert on the topic, and am ambivalent about the bills so far. I think some things being done are good, some are not so good, and some things not done should be(some tort reform for example).
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #126
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Subsidies for the poor to help with insurance,
    So higher taxes to fund another handout.
    not allowing pre-existing condition exceptions(which I think is a significant gain),
    So we all get taxed more, and all of our insurances go up to cover the increased risk in the pool, whereas some companies may have covered the p.e.c.s without any government interference, great.
    a clearinghouse for easing getting insurance from a nonprofit insurance company among other things.
    So we shrink the consumer pool to private companies, further straining the risk/premium pool and allow unfair publicly funded competition, this is called a monopoly in the private sector.
    I am far from an expert on the topic, and am ambivalent about the bills so far. I think some things being done are good, some are not so good, and some things not done should be(some tort reform for example).
    In their own words:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk"]YouTube- SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance[/ame]

    Sorry for the double post, the url was misbehaving.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #127
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    So they can't just add UHC later when they feel the public has accepted the fallout from this? Is that what you want to go on record as saying? Also, what specifically will this bill reform? Second request.
    Redress is so drunk on UHCoolaid that he/she/it can't imagine conniving Democrats proposing that later. Redress is liberal, so he/she/it is blind to socialism.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #128
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058433476]
    So higher taxes to fund another handout. So we all get taxed more, and all of our insurances go up to cover the increased risk in the pool, whereas some companies may have covered the p.e.c.s without any government interference, great. So we shrink the consumer pool to private companies, further straining the risk/premium pool and allow unfair publicly funded competition, this is called a monopoly in the private sector. In their own words:

    YouTube- SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying His Health Care Plan will ELIMINATE private insurance

    Sorry for the double post, the url was misbehaving.
    You obviously doctored these videos or had Fox do it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #129
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This answer depends on what version of the bill you are talking about. Subsidies for the poor to help with insurance, not allowing pre-existing condition exceptions(which I think is a significant gain), a clearinghouse for easing getting insurance from a nonprofit insurance company among other things. I am far from an expert on the topic, and am ambivalent about the bills so far. I think some things being done are good, some are not so good, and some things not done should be(some tort reform for example).
    The first true statement from you I've heard. Where is redress and what have you done with him/her/it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #130
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nelson says he'll support healthcare bill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Redress is so drunk on UHCoolaid that he/she/it can't imagine conniving Democrats proposing that later. Redress is liberal, so he/she/it is blind to socialism.
    Bull****. You do not even know my position on UHC, but at least I have one that I can articulate beyond one line. Get back to me when you actually have something to add with content.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •