Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 108

Thread: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

  1. #81
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I'm not talking about totally eliminating imports, I'm talking about American corporations opening up shop in...I dunno..America. If we got rid of minimum wage I'm sure that'd help. Then the **** jobs can get paid **** wages. A **** wage is better than no wage.
    I'd just want the free market option. I totally agree with you that getting rid of minimum wage and foregoing bills that increase union strength by infringing on voluntary associations would be great.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I'd just want the free market option. I totally agree with you that getting rid of minimum wage and foregoing bills that increase union strength by infringing on voluntary associations would be great.
    Yeah, something like not FORCING what is thought to be right or fair, just keeping a high level of freedom with close monitoring and fail-safe systems or regulations and the market will work itself out.

  3. #83
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    They left,We want them back (or at least other companies here in the US to take their place). Why does that seem like a strange concept to bring them back(or at least other companies here in the US to take their place)?
    Jobs don't leave. If you had a job worth $50,000 a year and then a foreigner takes your place for $25,000 it means that your job was overvalued. Outsourcing helps us to bring the value of jobs to their real levels.

    It is not the government's jobs to provide jobs for other countries.If they are going to provide jobs it should be the citizens they were elected to represent. Last time I checked no Chinese, Indian or some other foreign citizen citizen voted for Clinton,Bush, Obama or any other politician. I do not give a **** if the people in China, India or any other country gets poorer, **** them.I do not want people in my country getting poorer or my country having to depend on other countries to make things for us because the traitors in office tossed the salad(oral anal sex) of businesses whose only loyalty is to their pockets.
    Where do you get this stuff from? Companies outsource to get YOU a better price. Companies focus on the consumer because the consumers are where they get their money from. If you want to help the producers then by all means overpay a company. I doubt you'll do that though.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #84
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage
    I am aware other countries would impose tariffs to but how would it be any different before we started outsourcing jobs to China,India and other countries?
    Why do you think "outsourcing" started happening when it did?

    Your argument seems to be let companies outsource and what ever things we might still manufacture might get sold to those other countries but most likely we will not have anything to export or discouraging outsourcing and what ever is made here may or may not be sold to overseas countries.
    Actually my argument is simply that protectionist policies harm both national and international markets and cause economic conflict which leads to military conflict on a massive scale. This is pretty thoroughly supported by history (which is why I was referring to WW1).
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #85
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Jobs don't leave.
    Yes they do, its called outsourcing. Which is why people are against outsourcing.

    If you had a job worth $50,000 a year and then a foreigner takes your place for $25,000 it means that your job was overvalued.
    No it means A company found a cheaper labor supply. It does not mean the job was overvalued. It just means a company wishes to increase its profit margin.


    Outsourcing helps us to bring the value of jobs to their real levels.
    So your saying American wages should be based on Chinese,Mexican, Indian or what ever has the lowest wages? What a load of crap. Wages just like consumer products are based on supply and demand.

    Where do you get this stuff from? Companies outsource to get YOU a better price.Companies focus on the consumer because the consumers are where they get their money from.
    Companies outsource to increase their profit margins not get you a better deal.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #86
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Yes they do, its called outsourcing. Which is why people are against outsourcing.

    No it means A company found a cheaper labor supply. It does not mean the job was overvalued. It just means a company wishes to increase its profit margin.
    Enough. What's so evil about profit?

    So your saying American wages should be based on Chinese,Mexican, Indian or what ever has the lowest wages? What a load of crap. Wages just like consumer products are based on supply and demand.
    Yeah, so why artificially decrease the supply and increase prices? That's a good idea to you?

    Companies outsource to increase their profit margins not get you a better deal.
    They increase their profit margins by getting you a better deal.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #87
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Why do you think "outsourcing" started happening when it did?
    Lower tariffs/taxes made it possible for companies to increase their profit margin by exploiting a significantly cheaper labor force to make products.


    Actually my argument is simply that protectionist policies harm both national and international markets and cause economic conflict which leads to military conflict on a massive scale.
    Where any wars really started because products from a another country more expensive that locally produced goods? I know globalist like to use fear mongering to support outsourcing but that just seems way overboard compared to the usual fear mongering by globalists.

    This is pretty thoroughly supported by history (which is why I was referring to WW1).

    I was under the impression that an assassination,arms race, territorial disputes and other factors started WWI. Who knew that it was tariffs that started WWI(sarcasm).
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #88
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Lower tariffs/taxes made it possible for companies to increase their profit margin by exploiting a significantly cheaper labor force to make products.
    They're exploited huh? Whatever happened to freedom of association? Aren't these people choosing to work there?

    Where any wars really started because products from a another country more expensive that locally produced goods? I know globalist like to use fear mongering to support outsourcing but that just seems way overboard compared to the usual fear mongering by globalists.
    Wars have been started over trade disputes, you know, tariffs?

    I was under the impression that an assassination,arms race, territorial disputes and other factors started WWI. Who knew that it was tariffs that started WWI(sarcasm).
    The US got into WWI precisely because of trade.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #89
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Enough. What's so evil about profit?
    I never said profit was evil. Where have I said profit was evil? Can you show me the post where I said that?


    Yeah, so why artificially decrease the supply and increase prices? That's a good idea to you?
    If a company outsources they are not decreasing wage for that particular job because it is outsourced to another country. How can you decrease a wage for a particual job if it no longer there in that country? IF we are going to pay people what someone if a 3rd world or communist dictatorship makes then what should your job pay when you get out of school?


    They increase their profit margins by getting you a better deal.
    Companies increase their profit margins to make more money,not save you a few bucks.Companies does not give a **** about you.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #90
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Lipinski wants "buy American" wording in job legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    They're exploited huh?
    To make use of unfairly.

    Whatever happened to freedom of association?
    What does tariffs have to do with 1st amendment rights?
    Aren't these people choosing to work there?
    Considering the fact we are talking about China who knows.

    Wars have been started over trade disputes, you know, tariffs?
    Which wars were specially started over tariffs?
    The US got into WWI precisely because of trade.
    I think the history book you used in school must have had a guy wearing a tin foil hat on the cover along with a picture of Area 51 and bigfoot on the back of it. US involvement in WWI started over unrestricted German submarine warfare subs on ships carrying American civilians and the Zimmermann Telegram.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •