Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #881
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Children Without Mothers Are at Special Risk - Letter - NYTimes.com

    Now....say we experiment with purposefully removing the mother...thinking that equal as well.



    Stressful unless....your two dads in some gay relationship take over and then....the female not in your life doesn;t matter....according to some.
    Again, your data has to do with single parent families. Again, this has nothing to do with gays as parents. Nice try, but not even close.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #882
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I am referencing the removal of either the male or female role model on children in the household. Many single parents do wonderful jobs of raising their children, many well rounded children come from single parent households...correct?

    It's the absence of a male or a female in the home that is having it's effects..and you clearly believe two moms can father and two dads can mother. They can't and you know it. Each of us has a memory or lesson entrenched in their moral compass, each of us has a value or code they grew up with, it was provided by their mother or father. Think back and you'll realize I'm right, that either your mother or father was unreplaceable in your life. If it was your mother, a man could NEVER replace that.
    None of which addresses gays as parents, except your claim, without substantiation, about the need for a male or female role model at home. Got some data on that?

    The further problem is that kids do not usually end up in gay households unless their family is already broken. At that point in time, a stable two parent home is the top priority, and married gay couples can provide that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #883
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Not odd at all, nonsense needs to be repeated, that's why they call it nonsense.
    Which fits right in to the theme of thread summary and why this thread is so long. The same nonsense keeps getting repeated over and over, regardless of how diluted and ineffectual it is at this point due to lack of substantiation of any sort.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #884
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your study is single parent families which has no bearing on the ability of gay couples to raise children. Apples and oranges. Find a study that shows that gay couples are less able to raise kids well and I will be interested, till then this is nothing.
    Your disingenuous nonsense doesn't go unnoticed.

    "There are virtually no studies that make a direct comparison with same-sex parents," he said, noting census data show one in four same-sex couples are raising a child under the age of 18.
    And I don't think ANYONE will argue against the following:

    For the most part, the organizations are relying on a relatively small but conclusive body of research -- approximately 67 studies -- looking at children of gay parents and compiled by the American Psychological Association. In study after study, children in same-sex parent families turned out the same, for better or for worse, as children in heterosexual families.
    Turned out the same for better or for worse, I take this to mean the absence of one gender had its effects.

    As well,

    More research needed
    The problem with these studies, Dr. Gates says, is that most of the children are from "intentional" same-sex parent families, where the parents tend to be better educated, more affluent and more open about their sexual orientation, and who deliberately conceive or adopt children with the intention of raising them in a same-sex parent family.

    "My research suggests that's not the typical gay parent household," Dr. Gates said.

    In fact, only 6 percent of same-sex parents have an adopted child, and a sizable number appear to be living in some kind of step-family arrangement, in which parents "come out later and have children from an earlier heterosexual marriage or relationship," he said.
    Many of these children's personalities have been shaped already, seeing here a "sizable" number appear to live in relationships which parents came out AFTER the child was born...and thus ending the marriage. As a heterosexual...we call this cheating. Like Tiger Woods...his liasons with all of these women is called infidelity. Should a man or woman pronounce he or she is gay and wants to leave the marriage......its permitted. It's not considered cheating by many, any vows until death do you part are overridden by the individual's lack of honesty and not being able to come to terms with the gayness, thus...got married...had children...and only now wants another relationship with a different and in this case 'gay' person.

    You ain't foolin no one Redress. And you're dead wrong.

    What happens to kids raised by gay parents?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #885
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The further problem is that kids do not usually end up in gay households unless their family is already broken. At that point in time, a stable two parent home is the top priority, and married gay couples can provide that.
    Piling on colossal error upon massive mistake isn't helping your argument, I've just given stacks of data for families without a male in the home, care to address that?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #886
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    From my previous link:

    With all due respect to Cheney and her partner," Dr. James Dobson of the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family, wrote in Time magazine in December, "the majority of more than 30 years of social-science evidence indicates that children do best on every measure of well-being when raised by their married mother and father."
    What do the libs say?

    Some liberals chimed in too, notably Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Leonard Pitts, who cited "a growing body of research that tells us the child raised without his or her biological father is significantly more likely to live in poverty, do poorly in school, drop out altogether, become a teen parent, exhibit behavioral problems, smoke, drink, use drugs or wind up in jail."
    All of you are dead wrong, obviously uneducated on this issue. Perhaps another where you're more informed and can keep up with my plethora of data.



    Read more: What happens to kids raised by gay parents?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #887
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    From my previous link:

    Quote:
    With all due respect to Cheney and her partner," Dr. James Dobson of the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family, wrote in Time magazine in December, "the majority of more than 30 years of social-science evidence indicates that children do best on every measure of well-being when raised by their married mother and father."
    What do the libs say?
    Id say you don't read your own articles. Also from your linked article:

    The problem with the research cited by both Dr. Dobson and Mr. Pitts is that it compares children of heterosexual couples only with those of single parents and not with children of same-sex parent families, said Gary Gates, a senior research fellow at the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law and an expert on census data involving gay and lesbian households.

  8. #888
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    #887 -- and the homophobes and bigots still cling to the backwards premise that sexual orientation is somehow a choice--like declaring a major in college (although one wonders how many of them ever got that far)

    Strange times when people can deny something they already know in their hearts.

  9. #889
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Your disingenuous nonsense doesn't go unnoticed.
    No, my reply was accurate. Saying single parent children do worse has any bearing on gay couples as parents is disingenuous. You are comparing apples to oranges.



    And I don't think ANYONE will argue against the following:



    Turned out the same for better or for worse, I take this to mean the absence of one gender had its effects.
    Turned out the same means different now? Brilliant!

    As well,



    Many of these children's personalities have been shaped already, seeing here a "sizable" number appear to live in relationships which parents came out AFTER the child was born...and thus ending the marriage. As a heterosexual...we call this cheating. Like Tiger Woods...his liasons with all of these women is called infidelity. Should a man or woman pronounce he or she is gay and wants to leave the marriage......its permitted. It's not considered cheating by many, any vows until death do you part are overridden by the individual's lack of honesty and not being able to come to terms with the gayness, thus...got married...had children...and only now wants another relationship with a different and in this case 'gay' person.

    You ain't foolin no one Redress. And you're dead wrong.

    What happens to kids raised by gay parents?
    Families break up for any number of reasons. Divorce is common in this country. When it happens, the issue is not whose fault it might be(and in many cases, fault can be fairly equally apportioned), but the well being of the child. Entering a new relationship after leaving an old one is not cheating by the way.

    By the way, I thought I would quote from your link.

    The problem with the research cited by both Dr. Dobson and Mr. Pitts is that it compares children of heterosexual couples only with those of single parents and not with children of same-sex parent families, said Gary Gates, a senior research fellow at the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law and an expert on census data involving gay and lesbian households.
    See, even in your sources they point out the flaw of using single parent homes and supposing this means a problem with a home of two gay parents.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #890
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Piling on colossal error upon massive mistake isn't helping your argument, I've just given stacks of data for families without a male in the home, care to address that?
    Your data has to do with single parent homes, which the home consisting of a gay couple is not. Here, since this does not seem to sink in, let me repeat and emphasize.

    Studies of single parent households are not relevant to outcomes from dual parent households
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •