Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #861
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    So folks...what have we learned. We have learned that posters like texmaster, Charles Martel, and Taylor are guilty of the following:

    1) Not understanding the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.

    2) Showing that the penis and vagina can function as sexual organs, but not being able to prove that they were designed for that.

    3) Committing the logical fallacy "appeal to nature" over and over.

    4) Having their position that the children of gay parents do not do as well as those of straight parents be completely disproven.

    5) Not understanding that procreation is not a requirement for child rearing and is therefore irrelevant when discussing what benefits the state.

    6) Misrepresenting the arguments of others.

    7) Failing to prove their position on all levels.

    I'm sure there is more, but it's been a long day and I'll allow others to complete the list if they'd like.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #862
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Do you REALLY want me to do this? Some folks around here have seen what happens when I'm asked this question. It isn't pretty...for the asker.
    I wouldn't have asked if I didn't "really" want you to do that. Your colossal errors on this issue haven't been allowed to pass to date, I wouldn't know why you'd be expecting gimme putts now.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #863
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    So folks...what have we learned. We have learned that posters like texmaster, Charles Martel, and Taylor are guilty of the following:
    We're "guilty?" Wow. Yea....we're guilty of knowledge Sir. We're guilty of knowin what in blue blazes we're talking about.

    1) Not understanding the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.
    You are the member in here completely at a loss concerning this issue.

    2) Showing that the penis and vagina can function as sexual organs, but not being able to prove that they were designed for that.
    Who needed to show the penis and vagina "can be" used as sexual organs? And who needs to prove they're designed to be sexual organs? They're reproductive organs and thus sexual organs, you pile colossal error on top of colossal error. Your argument is becoming amusing, if not flat out ridiculous.

    3) Committing the logical fallacy "appeal to nature" over and over.
    "Guilty" of appealing to "nature?" And "over and over" even? Wow. Imagine our shame...appealing to reality and nature. Tsk tsk.

    4) Having their position that the children of gay parents do not do as well as those of straight parents be completely disproven.
    I've sent a flock of data over you've yet to address, your assumption here is untrue, it isn't even close. You purposefully remove one of the genders from a child being raised, to pretend that has no affect is stratospherically wrong.

    5) Not understanding that procreation is not a requirement for child rearing and is therefore irrelevant when discussing what benefits the state.
    Procreation is necessary though...for child rearing, homosexuality in fact anything homosexual whatsoever...is absolutely and clearly unnecessary. Not understanding that heterosexuality is the necessary sexual behavior and orientation to conceive children is profoudly wrong and shakes your entire theory to the ground. And your argument finally coned down here to 'benefits from the state', it appears that's all this argument is to the pro-gay movements and arguments. Marriage becomes merely a contract(absolute nonsense), the arguments coned down to what benefits are in it for us, how can we legitimize ourselves in the eyes of the 'state.'

    6) Misrepresenting the arguments of others.
    Removing these wrong-headed and clearly confused arguments from yourself and jallman and others...setting them on the ground in neat order and on column...and piecemeal destroying each isn't misrepresentation. It's the utter destruction of the error prone points and arguments you and others are trying to make here. Pretending two women can raise a child, purposefully removing the father and faking like everything is just the same. What poppycock.

    7) Failing to prove their position on all levels.
    Not only provided proof, reminded you of the blatant facts as well......and they clearly shoe you're wrong.

    I'm sure there is more, but it's been a long day and I'll allow others to complete the list if they'd like.
    The number of colossal errors within your post certainly needs an excuse and a long day is as good as any other. I hope and pray I;ve been able to open your eyes a little more towards my side of the argument. Please read my links and explain your arguments if you can.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #864
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I will now demonstrate how the arguments of Charles Martel and Taylor, both who seem to believe that children raised in gay households do not do as well as those in straight households are complete and utter bunk, are invalid,
    I see you're still making stuff up CC. Is it fun to debate yourself?
    Last edited by Taylor; 12-22-09 at 11:22 AM.

  5. #865
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    it is time for a thread summary:


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4"]YouTube- Monty Python-The Black Knight[/ame]



    edit: ok I don't know what is wrong with the link to make it post double there, odd
    Last edited by marduc; 12-22-09 at 11:40 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #866
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    ok I don't know what is wrong with the link to make it post double there, odd
    Not odd at all, nonsense needs to be repeated, that's why they call it nonsense.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #867
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    4) Having their position that the children of gay parents do not do as well as those of straight parents be completely disproven.
    Launching major artillery at a clearly marked target such as CC's #4, what absolute poppycock you submit here, Sir,

    Even if my mother had been a stay at home mom, he'd probably turn out the same; there are certain things that a women can not teach a man. A woman can not see from the eyes of a man (vice-versa) and therefore can not truly relate or associate with the many problems and milestones of man. Not having a father caused my brother to veer and he is still veering, he still unsure of himself, he is still lost, he still needs someone to pick him up and guide him, and this is the case for many young boys without fathers.
    oh look, there is more:

    Fathers should make a point to play essential figures in their son's lives, young men without the supportive guidance of a father often fall into the vicious jaws of crime, more so the pattern of absentee father would most likely continue generation after generation. So it is what parents teach their children, that they carry and pass onto their own children.
    The Effects of an Absent Father Figure , Page 2 of 2 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

    If only he had had two Moms...that would certainly have solved all these problems.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #868
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Just to be precise here...in the utter destruction of CC's now clearly false arguments.

    Father Absence Research | Life Coaches for Kids®

    While many single parent moms do heroic work parenting their children and while some children manage to excel under the challenges of father absence, it has become clear from numerous studies that the fastest road to both economic and social poverty in this country is for a man to voluntarily leave his children, either before marriage or after.
    Every study except those chosen by pro-gay agenda driven people in here who want to purposefully remove the father......call it normal....and then claim there is no effect on children raised without a male in the home.

    72% of adolescent murderers grew up without fathers. 60% of America's rapists grew up the same way.
    One would think most would be for less adolescent murderers, less rapists.

    The likelihood that a young male will engage in criminal activity doubles if he is raised without a father
    Really? Tell us more.

    Fatherless children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse, mental illness, suicide, poor educational performance, teen pregnancy, and criminality
    See what a false and fake argument those that argue on the pro-gay side are engaged in? From alcohol to drug use to mental illness, to poor educational performances.....CC....your argument...Jallman's.....every other pro-gay argument being thrown up in here is dead wrong. Sorry.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #869
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    2) Showing that the penis and vagina can function as sexual organs, but not being able to prove that they were designed for that.
    Captain are you STILL trying to figure out what your penis is for?

  10. #870
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Captain are you STILL trying to figure out what your penis is for?
    Well for one thing I urinate alot with my penis. Sometimes I play with it sometimes I put it in my girlfriends mouth and or vagina.
    Last edited by winston53660; 12-22-09 at 01:01 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •