Page 80 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #791
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually he argued the evidence presented that proved the opposite. His position was and is quite clear.
    Then why did you not quote that. What you quoted was him asking you to prove your claim, which you still have not done.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #792
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Then why did you not quote that. What you quoted was him asking you to prove your claim, which you still have not done.
    Redress please. Look back at the two articles I quoted on both sexual intercourse and on the menstrual cycle.

    Are you denying their function as well?

    If you argue against the position taken and argue the evidence presented for that position, you are obviously supporting the other side. This isn't rocket science.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #793
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    CR is talking about marriage also being available to gays. Not your definition of marriage being available to them.
    He's advocating that we make marriage completely private. We've already got that option open to anyone that wants it. He's not advocating anything for gays above and beyond what they ALREADY have right now.

  4. #794
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    The logic isn't sound. This doesn't mean your conclusion is wrong, it only means the argument doesn't necessarily support it. The easiest way to explain is to illustrate with an argument of similar structure:

    1) Pet ownership promotes happy homes.
    2) Children do better in happy homes.
    3) Alligators are willing to be pets of children in need of happy homes (especially hungry ones)
    4) (Therefore) Allowing alligators as pets results in strengthening society by giving more children happy homes.
    Alligators are not pets. They are not willing to be pets. Gays are not predators as a general rule.

    I did not include every step, assuming you could follow the basic chain. There is no evidence that a stable gay home(which marriage would promote) would be anything but a good place to raise children, and many gays have a willingness to do just that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #795
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Redress please. Look back at the two articles I quoted on both sexual intercourse and on the menstrual cycle.

    Are you denying their function as well?

    If you argue against the position taken and argue the evidence presented for that position, you are obviously supporting the other side. This isn't rocket science.
    His position was that you have not proved what you claimed. That is not saying you are wrong, or that the opposite of your claim is true. He said you had not proven your claim. You have not. His comment was factual. Your comment about his was not.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #796
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    His position was that you have not proved what you claimed. That is not saying you are wrong, or that the opposite of your claim is true. He said you had not proven your claim. You have not. His comment was factual. Your comment about his was not.
    He comment was NOT factual. I had already provided the evidence.

    Since you are defending him here, please give us your position of the function of the sexual reproductive organs. Is their function procreation or not?

    And, would you need evidence of the functionality of reproductive organs or would you already know that?
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-21-09 at 04:49 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #797
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    A pet is the name for a wide range of domesticated animals humans can have as companions.
    Really?

    Are aquarium fish domesticated?

    How about birds?

    Reptiles?

  8. #798
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Really?

    Are aquarium fish domesticated?

    How about birds?

    Reptiles?
    Yes, yes, and yes, though not in all cases in any of those examples.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #799
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,032

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Really?

    Are aquarium fish domesticated?

    How about birds?

    Reptiles?
    do·mes·ti·cate (d-mst-kt)
    tr.v. do·mes·ti·cat·ed, do·mes·ti·cat·ing, do·mes·ti·cates
    1. To cause to feel comfortable at home; make domestic.
    2. To adopt or make fit for domestic use or life.


    -------------------

    Not all fish are domesticated. Case and point white sharks. Not all birds are domesticated. Case and point vultures. Not all reptiles are domesticated. Case and point Bald eagles. Not all reptiles are domesticated. Case and point croco****ingdiles.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #800
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Alligators are not pets.
    To some people they are:
    Alligators as pets

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gays are not predators as a general rule.
    I'm not saying that gays are predators, but was just pointing out that your observations/premises don't necessarily lead us to your conclusion.

    Hey! You asked me, "Tell me where I go wrong in your opinion please" - that's all I was doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •