Page 79 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #781
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    His quote:



    I'll accept your apology now.
    You won't be getting an apology because what you said he said was inaccurate.

    He never said what you tried to portray him as saying. Learn to ****ing read.

  2. #782
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,321
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    His quote:



    I'll accept your apology now.
    Ummm...he challenged you to prove your claim, he did not make a claim himself. One of these days you should take some one up on their challenge to provide proof, or even evidence that one of your claims is accurate. You have yet to ever do that that I have seen.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #783
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Now you're starting to annoy me. Can you explain what part of CR's post my post does not address?

    1. CR States that removing the government will make marriage available to all.

    2. You state it is already available to all.

    3. I show your response to be dishonest.

    What are you having trouble comprehending?
    You seem to missing what's being said. CR stated that if we get government out of marriage (i.e. no public marriage), then it will be available to all (i.e. private marriage). My point is that marriage is already "available to all" in that sense - if CR wants private marriage, we've already got it.

    1. If we abolish public marriage, then private marriages will be available to all (CR)

    2. Private marriages are already available to all (Me)

    3: Interracial marriage was once not recognized as a public marriage (You)

    Can you see now that your point really didn't address the issue?
    Last edited by Taylor; 12-21-09 at 04:18 PM.

  4. #784
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You seem to missing what's being said. CR stated that if we get government out of marriage (i.e. no public marriage), then it will be available to all (i.e. private marriage). My point is that marriage is already "available to all" in that sense - if CR wants private marriage, we've already got it.
    Wow. Here. I'll highlight how you just repeated exactly what I said. I'll even color code it :

    Now you're starting to annoy me. Can you explain what part of CR's post my post does not address?

    1. CR States that removing the government will make marriage available to all.

    2. You state it is already available to all.
    CR is talking about marriage also being available to gays. Not your definition of marriage being available to them.

    1. If we abolish public marriage, then private marriages will be available to all (CR)

    2. Private marriages are already available to all (Me)

    3: Interracial marriage was once not recognized as a public marriage (You)

    Can you see now that your point really didn't address the issue?
    Your inability to actually comprehend what is being said is really not surprising. I provided an example of your response being a dishonest addressing of the issue. Marriage is available to gay couples much in the way it was to interracial couples 70 years ago. In the sense that it wasn't.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-21-09 at 04:27 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #785
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So that "open to all" marriage is pretty useless.
    That's my view. I advocate public marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Now, let's look at some concepts. Tell me where I go wrong in your opinion please.

    Marriage promotes stable homes.

    Children do better in stable homes.

    Gays are willing to adopt and foster children in need of stable homes.

    Allowing gay marriage results in strengthening our society by giving more children stable homes.
    The logic isn't sound. This doesn't mean your conclusion is wrong, it only means the argument doesn't necessarily support it. The easiest way to explain is to illustrate with an argument of similar structure:

    1) Pet ownership promotes happy homes.
    2) Children do better in happy homes.
    3) Alligators are willing to be pets of children in need of happy homes (especially hungry ones)
    4) (Therefore) Allowing alligators as pets results in strengthening society by giving more children happy homes.
    Last edited by Taylor; 12-21-09 at 04:33 PM.

  6. #786
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Just remember you are debating a guy by his own admission doesn't believe the reproductive organs on men and women are actually designed for procreation.
    I've always thought that the purpose of eyes was to see, but now understand that unless we hear from "The Designer" we don't know if they evolved simply to catch eyelashes that fall out.

  7. #787
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    It's funny. The reason the penis is elongated and upward facing is so that it fits into the vag, also the mushroom head prevents spillage. If someone could find waste removal purposes for that then I suppose I could be wrong. And why erections? Erections cause muscles to pinch off the bladder, now someone tell me, if not for procreation what purpose would that serve? So you pee in a high arc?
    I'm sorry. Logic and basic science is not accepted in this debate. You simply do not understand the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #788
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I've always thought that the purpose of eyes was to see, but now understand that unless we hear from "The Designer" we don't know if they evolved simply to catch eyelashes that fall out.
    Hogwash! The eyes were clearly developed for thinking! How could you possibly miss this?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #789
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That's my view. I advocate public marriage.


    The logic isn't sound. This doesn't mean your conclusion is wrong, it only means the argument doesn't necessarily support it. The easiest way to explain is to illustrate with an argument of similar structure:

    1) Pet ownership promotes happy homes.
    2) Children do better in happy homes.
    3) Alligators are willing to be pets of children in need of happy homes (especially hungry ones)
    4) (Therefore) Allowing alligators as pets results in strengthening society by giving more children happy homes.
    A pet is the name for a wide range of domesticated animals humans can have as companions. Alligators are not domesticated and they've never shown willingness to be. No study shows them as being as great pets as say dogs or rabbits. Studies show homosexuals can be as competent in their parenting as heterosexuals.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #790
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ummm...he challenged you to prove your claim, he did not make a claim himself. One of these days you should take some one up on their challenge to provide proof, or even evidence that one of your claims is accurate. You have yet to ever do that that I have seen.
    Actually he argued the evidence presented that proved the opposite. His position was and is quite clear.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •