Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Someone give me the Cliff's Notes? Was that pretty much the same drivel of "Nuh-uh!!! I'm right because you're wrong" crap or did he say anything important yet?

    I would read it myself but I'm also packing.

  2. #732
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Nope. As I said that started this entire thing...child rearing is what benefits society. HOW the child enters the world is irrelevant. It is the act of helping that child to grow that benefits the state.
    How about addressing what I wrote. "Nope" doesn't do much for the debate.

  3. #733
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    All of which is irrelevant. The state cares who exists, not HOW they came into existence.
    Wrong. It's in the best interest of the state that procreation occurs within marriage.

  4. #734
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Which is why you continue to hold an illogical position. Because a logical one would destroy your premise. All things being equal, since research shows that a homosexual couple can rear a child as well as a heterosexual couple, and since the health and stability benefits would also be equal regardless of the sexual orientation of the couple, GM certainly benefits the state just as much as heterosexual marriage. But please, feel free to show evidence of your position.
    Where does research show this?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #735
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Wrong. It's in the best interest of the state that procreation occurs within marriage.
    Does that mean couples who cannot procreate should not be allowed to marry?

  6. #736
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Wrong. It's in the best interest of the state that procreation occurs within marriage.
    It's funny to me when people spout off "it's in the best interest of the state" arguments.

    But these are the same people that will disregard "the best interest of the state" on most everything else.

    It's in the best interest of the state that kids are taught proper sexual hygeine.

    It's in the best interest of the state that young adults have mandatory military service for a number of years.

    It's in the best interest of the state that the Church and the State be closely tied to one another.

    It's in the best interest of the state that there is a quota limiting the number of children per family.

    All best interest of the state arguments. None would be acceptable. The best interest of the state is not an argument to limit personal liberties. Not by a long shot.

  7. #737
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Does that mean couples who cannot procreate should not be allowed to marry?
    No, the above conclusion does not logically follow.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The best interest of the state is not an argument to limit personal liberties. Not by a long shot.
    Nobody is making that claim.

  9. #739
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Nobody is making that claim.
    Then why did you make the assertions you did in the first place?

    I think you just like to bicker rather than debate the topic. You do an awful lot of backing off from stances. You have this habit of putting forth a position and then claiming it wasn't your position.

  10. #740
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    I've seen and am obviously aware of the effects on families without a father living in the home, in fact, it's an absolute disaster on this nation. We're now trying to argue in here that two men or two women are the equal while raising children?

    Facts on Fatherless Kids

    To pretend the absence of a father....pretending two women are an equal..is laughable and research shows the complete opposite. Please...someone show me where not having a father in the home has no affect on children.

    I triple dog dare you.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 12-21-09 at 02:35 PM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •