Page 58 of 149 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #571
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There are many actions taken by humans throughout the centuries that have no basis in being natural. Cannibalism, human sacrifice, etc. All of these are actions throughout recorded history but to claim its natural without evidence makes for a very weak argument.

    Is it natural in prison for men to be with men as well or simply a lack of options?

    The point is it cannot be proven to be natural. Heterosexual activity and heterosexual behavior can and have.
    Your examples are flawed.

    Cannibalism is pretty natural. It happens in a myriad of species. Some mammals, insects and I'm pretty sure even some birds.

    Human sacrifice is a cultural practice. It doesn't happen in EVERY culture or even in a majority. It doesn't even happen in nature.

    Homosexuality happens in nature. Or at the very least same sex couplings can be found in the world of insects, mammals, birds etc.

    Do you have any other flawed examples that are unable to distinguish between that which is 'natural' and that which isn't?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-19-09 at 03:01 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #572
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    I understand who and why it has got were it is but with that said lets try to get back on topic, as for you last part if a certain Mod who has been part of this discussion decide to push the thread back towards the topic then I would be very happy but then again I might get a Yellow Card for this posted.
    Why would he forcibly steer a conversation he is actively taking part in?

    Another mod would do it if it were necessary. However, this is just as much a point of topic as the original question due to the issues that were raised by the dull duo.

    Just because he's going through thanking your every post is not indicative of you having a real point or even being on the same side as him. He's losing this argument by a mile and he's latching to any ally he can. Desperation oozes from those who try to defend indefensible positions.

  3. #573
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your examples are flawed.

    Cannibalism is pretty natural. It happens in a myriad of species. Some mammals, insects and I'm pretty sure even some birds.

    Human sacrifice is a cultural practice. It doesn't happen in EVERY culture or even in a majority. It doesn't even happen in nature.

    Do you have any other flawed examples?
    Are they acts that humans have taken throughout history? yes

    That was all they were meant to represent.

    As I said, an act taken throughout history alone does not make it natural.

    Try reading more carefully next time.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Are they acts that humans have taken throughout history? yes

    That was all they were meant to represent.

    As I said, an act taken throughout history alone does not make it natural.

    Try reading more carefully next time.
    Maybe you need to read more carefully. He pointed to several species in his answer to cannibalism. He conceded the unnatural points on the others.

    Desperation smells bad. Go wash yourself.

  5. #575
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Are they acts that humans have taken throughout history? yes
    So what you're saying is that because 'acts' like cannibalism are natural but illegal then acts like homosexuality should be illegal too? What exactly is your basis for keeping gay marriage illegal?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #576
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There are many actions taken by humans throughout the centuries that have no basis in being natural. Cannibalism, human sacrifice, etc. All of these are actions throughout recorded history but to claim its natural without evidence makes for a very weak argument.

    Is it natural in prison for men to be with men as well or simply a lack of options?

    The point is it cannot be proven to be natural. Heterosexual activity and heterosexual behavior can and have.
    You're not using science at all. This is what happens when people who don't understand science pretend to use it to prove their points.

    Anything in any creature that is caused by any genetic code is, in fact, natural. Murder is, in fact, natural. Addiction is natural. All sorts of things that, on their surface, make no sense - are in fact, natural.

    Mutations are natural, it's how species adapt and change and survive.

    SpringerLink - Journal Article

    Proof that in nature, increases in population density increase homosexual activity. Is it an adaptation for the purposes of population control? That's a theory. We don't know the "why", but we know it happens. This is but one of many studies that prove that homosexuality occurs across many species and there are natural causes for it.

    Thus, it is natural - not just in human beings, but in nearly all species.

    You sir - are wrong. Purely and plainly wrong. Just because we don't know "why" something happens, doesn't mean it doesn't occur naturally.

    You need to go back to some sciencey-type classes. Since you seem to be wanting to teach everyone the basics of sex, perhaps you should take some basics in science and research.

    You understand what a theory is in scientific terms, yes? Then you understand that theories are interpretation of facts.

    Well, here's a fact: homosexual behavior occurs in nature, across many species. One theory - it is an adaptation to control population when population density increases.

    So - again, we are postulating the "why"; but it is established fact that it is a natural phenomenon. To argue otherwise is to demonstrate a lack of basic knowledge of science and (here's the tricky part that a lot of conservatives seem to have problems with) FACTS.

  7. #577
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    So do any of you actually want to discuss the Legal and Political ramifaction's of this little tirade by the DC City Council or shall you all just go on and on about nothing that has to do with the topic.

    You do understand what the City Council is doing could come back and haunt not only the City Council itself but it could put Mr. Obama and Congress into a very interesting Legal Position. And this is nothing compare to what te Citz. of either Maryland or Virgina decide to do if they push to have it put to a public vote. Ah the DC quite the political problem when they decide to go against the grain.

  8. #578
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    So do any of you actually want to discuss the Legal and Political ramifaction's of this little tirade by the DC City Council or shall you all just go on and on about nothing that has to do with the topic.

    You do understand what the City Council is doing could come back and haunt not only the City Council itself but it could put Mr. Obama and Congress into a very interesting Legal Position. And this is nothing compare to what te Citz. of either Maryland or Virgina decide to do if they push to have it put to a public vote. Ah the DC quite the political problem when they decide to go against the grain.
    Calm down, take a deep breath, and then make a coherent point. There is no indication the DC city council acted in anything other than a legal manor, nor that they acted improperly in any way. Please explain what exactly you think the DC City Council did wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Calm down, take a deep breath, and then make a coherent point. There is no indication the DC city council acted in anything other than a legal manor, nor that they acted improperly in any way. Please explain what exactly you think the DC City Council did wrong.

    How much do you know about how DC is ran before I start going into the reason why this is going to cause all sorts of problems for Mr. Obama and Congress.

    I'm not trying to be an arse redress i'm just trying to see were I need to start.

  10. #580
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    How much do you know about how DC is ran before I start going into the reason why this is going to cause all sorts of problems for Mr. Obama and Congress.

    I'm not trying to be an arse redress i'm just trying to see were I need to start.
    Don't treat me as stupid. Lay out your argument, I can handle it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •