Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #521
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,643

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    That certainly ain't my best next thing, been there done that. Captain is dead on inaccurate here and hasn't supported the argument he attempts. Whatsoever. So, good luck.
    Actually, one thing that is NOT your best thing is understanding the argument that we are having. You have demonstrated no knowledge of the issue. Shame. You make lots of pompous statements, all vainly searching for an idea but never finding one.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #522
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You are another one who doesn't understand the argument.
    Yes yes. Your high levels of smartness. You've prosthelytized this theory often as well.

    Yet, they would STILL be left or right handed, even if they learned to use the other hand. THIS is what you refuse to see because it destroys your argument.
    LOL Wow is your logic bad. You can learn to use both yet you use this to claim that homosexuality is a heriditary trait.

    Yet you admit you can learn to use the opposite hand.

    *shakes head* Its sad to see you can't understand when your argument has exposed as a fraud.

    By your logic, a homosexual could learn to be bisexual but still be homosexual.

    Its that kind of failed logic that dooms you each and every time.

    Putting aside the fact you can't even prove the two instances are related in any way with a shred of factual data

    No, what it boils down to is that those who oppose GM have no factual backing at all. All they have is their own morality, their insistence at involving themselves in the lives of others, and non-factual opinions.
    You're right. We only have the sexual attraction, compatible sexual organs and procreation on our side where you have a "hunch"

    Give it up CC.

    You have no evidence, only theories. You can't come to grips with the fact it is you who want to change the law based on a theory not factual evidence.

    Oh and one more thing.

    Folks who use their right hand all their life don't come out of the closet all of a sudden and become left handed. LOL
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-18-09 at 05:52 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #523
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    This thread may not be as homoerotic as Jallman and his avatars, but damn it's trying.

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    This thread may not be as homoerotic as Jallman and his avatars, but damn it's trying.
    I know, right? We got a Charlie, a hamster, a guy in superhero tights. All we need now is a roll of duct tape and a can of Crisco and we got ourselves a party.

  5. #525
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    So as I read it this is the same reason why the vote happen in Maine the Governer and Speaker of the House decide to make Gay Marriage Legal with out allowing the people to vote on the subject. Hence question 1 this past fall and we all saw what happen there.

    The bottom line is this yes City Council are elected to do City Business not to make Moral Laws which this is. If they wish to allow Gay Marriage then they are going to need not only Congress to give them permission but the Citz. of Maryland and Virgina must also have a right to vote on the subject since Tax's from both of these States go to fund the District.
    Last edited by Scorpion89; 12-18-09 at 05:58 PM.

  6. #526
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,643

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes yes. Your high levels of smartness. You've prosthelytized this theory often as well.
    No, as usual I state facts. Not my fault if you choose not to accept them.



    LOL Wow is your logic bad. You can learn to use both yet you use this to claim that homosexuality is a heriditary trait.

    Yet you admit you can learn to use the opposite hand.

    *shaeks head* Its sad to see you can't understand when your argument has exposed as a fraud.

    By your logic, a homosexual could learn to be bisexual but still be homosexual.

    Its that kind of failed logic that dooms you each and every time.

    Putting aside the fact you can't even prove the two instances are related in any way with a shred of factual data
    Like I said, another one who does not understand the conceptual difference between orientation and behavior. Let me spell out the analogy so you MIGHT get it. If someone is oriented to being right handed, and therefore behaves right handed, they can certainly learn to behave left handed, but that does not change that they will be oriented to being right handed, still.

    Do you get it now? Or must I explain it for the 7th time? Or perhaps you don't WANT to understand it because it destroys your argument.



    You're right. We only have the sexual attraction, compatable sexual organs and procreation on our side where you have a "hunch"
    Appeal to nature logical fallacy...as usual from you. Fail. Again.

    Give it up CC.

    You have no evidence, only theories. You can't come to grips with the fact it is you who want to change the law based on a theory not factual evidence.
    No, give it up, textmaster. You have no facts and your logic is completely faulty. All you have are opinions and logical fallacies.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I know, right? We got a Charlie, a hamster, a guy in superhero tights. All we need now is a roll of duct tape and a can of Crisco and we got ourselves a party.





    You were saying...

  8. #528
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    LOL Wow is your logic bad. You can learn to use both yet you use this to claim that homosexuality is a heriditary trait.

    Yet you admit you can learn to use the opposite hand.

    *shaeks head* Its sad to see you can't understand when your argument has exposed as a fraud.

    By your logic, a homosexual could learn to be bisexual but still be homosexual.

    Its that kind of failed logic that dooms you each and every time.

    Putting aside the fact you can't even prove the two instances are related in any way with a shred of factual data
    You reveal that you still lack to understand what is being said and quite clearly. Right handedness is associated with control from the left side of the brain, and so even if you learn to use your left hand equally well(which has some real effects by the way), you will still be hard wired to be right handed. Some one with a homosexual orientation can engage in heterosexual sex(an act, not an orientation), and still have a homosexual orientation.



    You're right. We only have the sexual attraction, compatable sexual organs and procreation on our side where you have a "hunch"

    Give it up CC.

    You have no evidence, only theories. You can't come to grips with the fact it is you who want to change the law based on a theory not factual evidence.

    Oh and one more thing.

    Folks who use their right hand all their life doesn't all of a sudden become left handed. LOL
    You again complain about a lack of evidence, when presenting none. Start supporting your claims with, I dunno, sources maybe?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #529
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You reveal that you still lack to understand what is being said and quite clearly. Right handedness is associated with control from the left side of the brain, and so even if you learn to use your left hand equally well(which has some real effects by the way), you will still be hard wired to be right handed. Some one with a homosexual orientation can engage in heterosexual sex(an act, not an orientation), and still have a homosexual orientation.
    Still can't admit you have no factual basis can you relating right or left hand to homosexuality.

    Sad really.

    Look up the definition of theory and you will find your entire argument on this.

    You again complain about a lack of evidence, when presenting none. Start supporting your claims with, I dunno, sources maybe?
    Still lying about this I see. Never mind the fact I used your own article, quoted it as evidence disputing your claim.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #530
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,643

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You reveal that you still lack to understand what is being said and quite clearly. Right handedness is associated with control from the left side of the brain, and so even if you learn to use your left hand equally well(which has some real effects by the way), you will still be hard wired to be right handed. Some one with a homosexual orientation can engage in heterosexual sex(an act, not an orientation), and still have a homosexual orientation.
    This has been explained to these folks several times in this thread. Their refusal to acknowledge this is, IMO, deliberate because it destroys their argument. From here on, since they are trolling with their refusal to accept logic, I propose that we dismiss any of their erroneous claims in this matter by stating the following:

    "By logic, you have already been proven wrong on this. Your refusal to admit that reduces your argument to zilch and destroys your credibility. Move on." Feel free to copy and paste this. Oh...and anyone who uses this to attempt to support their lack of logic in a mocking way will be seen as trolling and may get infracted. Consider that an official warning.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •