Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #511
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I already knew you knew that
    Guess you were just reminding Jallman how much you liked it then. The rest of us already knew.

    A sheep in wolf's clothing not hard to spot. Not for a trained professional.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by LF FreeStocksrunzFromAn80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ISpamFrostShockLOL! View Post
    I already knew you knew that
    Guess you were just reminding Jallman how much you liked it then. The rest of us already knew.

    A sheep in wolf's clothing not hard to spot. Not for a trained professional.
    Hey Jallman, nice avatar

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    No, you didn't know what I was talking about, even though I raised the issue just yesterday. And let me get this straight..no pun intended....you think I have this fixation.....given the Santa pic you use?
    Well you are the one who remembered it and brought it up despite it having not been a point of conversation up until that point so you tell me, Chuckles.

    I didn't think it had anything to do with the debate, I explained in detail I thought it gave a wrong perspective on Christmas...even gave the Bad Santa movie as an analogy. So, I am keeping up even though you aren't.
    You did all that after the fact. It wasn't part of anything until you decided to fixate on it after being called out for your mind-numbing stupidity.

    You've this Santa pic.....couldn't even remember I was speaking about it from just yesterday.....put it back on when I thanked you for it disappearing....and the comedy keeps coming from me?
    Yeah that's what I said, isn't it? Reading is FUNdamental.

    THis is such a classic case of projection,
    You wanna talk about projection? A clear case of projection is someone who runs around telling others what their sexual orientation is, using some half baked reasoning that because their semen went from a turkey baster to a lesbian's cooter, that suddenly he isn't gay anymore.

    You do realize that the quiet whispers back and forth now are how the hell you got so ****ed in the head that you needed to do those kinds of mental somersaults about another person in an effort to secure your own perceptions about yourself?

    Do you realize how much of a laughing stock you are to almost everyone in this thread?

    it is your argument that is chock full of comedy and error. But, I'm enjoying it, shooting down arguments without foundation one of my specialties. Have a great day.
    You better find a new hobby because you suck at this one. You haven't shot down crap except your own credibility.

    But keep with the "I know you are but what am I" responses. The hilarity of it all is a delightful way to laugh away the afternoon.

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hey Jallman, nice avatar
    Yours too. Why don't you shoot me the number of that guy in your avatar. I'd like to take him to...coffee?

  5. #515
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yours too. Why don't you shoot me the number of that guy in your avatar. I'd like to take him to...coffee?
    You are a bad bad man!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are a bad bad man!
    I'm serious. The guy in his avatar picture is HOT. And I doubt Jerry would get jealous.

  7. #517
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I see you calling it nonsense, you haven't addressed my argument.
    You have made no argument that is not either nonsense or that is unsubstantiated. Make one and I'll address it...if you can...which I doubt.



    Your colossal misunderstanding once again exposed, you're now making analogies of child conception to being left handed. You're in fact so wrong here, you're blinded by your own error. It's that huge.
    And again you demonstrate your inability to understand this issue by failing to recognize a simple analogy. I'm sure sucks being wrong. Just man up and admit it.



    Oh...yes they are. Any behavior whether sexual, predatory, unethical, normal, abnormal, or circus like pales in comparison to the behavior engaged upon when the child was conceived. No person or persons you'll ever be with will ever be as critical, as important, as real. You are now the parent of a child. Either a mother or a child. That is your primary responsibility now, that human being is now YOUR child. Conceived in the ultimate heterosexual behavior, there is NOTHING....I repeat so you can understand your colossal error, Captain.....NOTHING remotely close to homosexual can reproduce, it cannot procreate, it is selfish pleasure, it is behavior, is isn't human sexuality. If you cannot see this clearly, I cannot help you to understand. It's right there in front of your mirror each morning, your denial of the truth and reality quite obvious.
    As usual, you are completely wrong. Nothing here but mindless opinion. But please, show some substantiation for your position...if you can...which you can't.



    Every member arguing here. Every single person you know. Every single person you've EVER known....was produced from heterosexual behavior.....sorry, it's a fact. If you know someone who was born of artificial insemination, then it's artificial...the human body is clearly designed for heterosexual behavior, the human orgasm...including the woman's...primary purpose is procreation...not your behavioral pleasures. And when I say "you" here Captain, I am not speaking AT you. I am making a manking argument, I would hope that clear. I'm enjoying the banter-filled debate, not trying to start a fight.
    I quoted the key word...which you continue to fail to understand. Heterosexual behavior, yes. Heterosexual orientation, NO. This is why you are wrong, continue to be wrong, and WILL continue to be wrong. You do not understand the difference between sexual behavior and sexual orientation.



    Your actual beliefs here are the problem, Captain. You're so wrong...you are compounding colossal error after misunderstanding after having no idea. Let's agree to disagree.
    No, the problem is that not only are your beliefs nothing more than opinion, with no facts within several light years of them, but they are absolutely based on a complete misunderstanding of the concepts being discussed. I do not believe anyone in history has been as wrong as you. Please tell us all how that feels.

    And...the smoke over that horizon there is the remains of your argument after having being shot down in flames like a world war one Spad. I pray you can be more successful with someone else less educated on this matter. I have yet to hear a coherent argument from you, let's move on, shall we?
    So, as your arguments sits smoldering in the fertilizer that it is, I do hope that you have been educated on this. I know that you came into this discussion with zero knowledge on the issue, and your inability to listen to facts seems like a major detriment to your ability to gain some understanding. But don't worry. I will continue to correct your posts each and every time you err. And considering that each and every post of yours is an error, I have my work cut out for me.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 12-18-09 at 09:16 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #518
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    It's a free country Kal, you're free to be as wrong as anyone.



    The differences here between orientation and behavior aren't the issue. My argument here is you are designed to procreate. Everyone knows this. It is so obvious, it isn;t an argument. Our human sexuality...isn't limited to behavior...in fact, behavior is but a fraction of our human sexuality. THe greater protion of our human sexuality....that is primary and precedence over behavior..occurs after the orgasm. Conception, pregnancy, child birth...it is ALL very much our human sexuality. The argument you agree to....and thus making you wrong here....is that behavior...by choice..to have sex with a member of the same gender, defines your orientation and sexuality. And you may argue that until the cows come home.

    However, once you've engaged in becoming a parent....you've now defined yourself, there is nothing whatsoever homosexual about becomong a parent, and that is your primary reality...like it or not. One may enjoy same gender sex, may prefer to act out in a number of ways. The fact that the individual is a parent is the primary definition, sorry.

    There isn't anything homosexual about procreation. Homosexuality in fact stops at behavior, it is nothing else. The lack of any homosexual behavior would NOT affect mankind in any negative way, shape, or form. Except decrease AIDS contractions especially here in the US where men having sex with men dominates our AIDS stats.

    Colossal errors aren't restricted, Kal, feel free to be wrong. Most others here are.
    The fault is in your basic premise. There is no evidence that a human's singular purpose is to procreate, nor that the most important thing one does is procreate. These are nothing but opinions. You also have no understanding if the difference between sexual behavior and sexual orientation. Face it, Charles, you have no argument. You have an agenda, probably based on something personal.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #519
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Very well said.

    CC and others can try and pretend that if you define homosexuality into subsects long enough it will somehow lend crediance to the argument that it is a behavior that cannot be helped.
    You are another one who doesn't understand the argument.

    I like you really enjoy the left/right hand argument since one can learn to use the left or right hand.
    Yet, they would STILL be left or right handed, even if they learned to use the other hand. THIS is what you refuse to see because it destroys your argument.

    What it boils down to is this. People who want gay marriage, not civil unions but gay marriage have to be able to provide an argument that shows some kind of equal footing with the practice of heterosuxality going back thousands of years and by its very nature is essential to the procreation of the species. They cannot do that but it is an alternative lifestyle. That is why it continues to fail when called on for a vote. The majority of people in this country understand that. Civil unions is a very sound compromise but for the zealots, it simply isn't enough until they are on equal footing with traditional marriage but since they cannot explain or prove that the genetic nature of this lifestyle is equal to heterosexual marriage, their goal changes from proving their case to declaring victory with repeated "you don't understand" despite not explaining their conclusions with factual backing.
    No, what it boils down to is that those who oppose GM have no factual backing at all. All they have is their own morality, their insistence at involving themselves in the lives of others, and non-factual opinions.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #520
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    They've no factual backing I concur and why it's downright hillarious when I'm asked to provide the same. Even when I have.
    Except you never have...because you have none.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •