Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #461
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I think the technical and professional jargon relates more specific technicalities and nuances than our common vernacular. That's why we have specific dictionaries like medical dictionaries and engineer's dictionaries.

    I'm just saying that lifting a definition from Miriam Webster is going to give you the general usage of that word and is likely to skip more technical meanings to specific professions.
    Ok I completely understand now, thank you.

    What would be the appropriate definition (or usage) in this case?

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Ok I completely understand now, thank you.

    What would be the appropriate definition in this case?
    I imagine we would probably need to look at the accepted definition within the psychological and psychiatric community. Perhaps even specifically those that study sexual behavior.

    I don't have access to those kinds of sources so my next best thing is to look to Captain since he is a mental health professional. Perhaps, when he takes a peak at this thread, he could provide us with the standard text book definitions of sexual orientation and sexual behavior from within his professional circles.

  3. #463
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I imagine we would probably need to look at the accepted definition within the psychological and psychiatric community. Perhaps even specifically those that study sexual behavior.

    I don't have access to those kinds of sources so my next best thing is to look to Captain since he is a mental health professional. Perhaps, when he takes a peak at this thread, he could provide us with the standard text book definitions of sexual orientation and sexual behavior from within his professional circles.
    I suspect Epic Dude will be along shortly to point out you mispelled "peek."

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #464
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't have access to those kinds of sources so my next best thing is to look to Captain since he is a mental health professional. Perhaps, when he takes a peak at this thread, he could provide us with the standard text book definitions of sexual orientation and sexual behavior from within his professional circles.
    That certainly ain't my best next thing, been there done that. Captain is dead on inaccurate here and hasn't supported the argument he attempts. Whatsoever. So, good luck.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #465
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    That certainly ain't my best next thing, been there done that. Captain is dead on inaccurate here and hasn't supported the argument he attempts. Whatsoever. So, good luck.
    Since there are multiple "Captains" here (and I have seniority,) please be specific when you refer to a captain.

    Thank you.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    That certainly ain't my best next thing, been there done that. Captain is dead on inaccurate here and hasn't supported the argument he attempts. Whatsoever. So, good luck.
    That's because you wouldn't know accuracy if it came up and bit you on your ass.

    You have no room to speak about the inaccuracies of others after some of the moronic and retard **** you have spewed in this thread. It's only fair to let you know that at this point, the only reason I respond to you at all is for the comedy factor of what you might post next.

  7. #467
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Since there are multiple "Captains" here (and I have seniority,) please be specific when you refer to a captain.

    Thank you.
    Sorry, Captain Courtesy was who I was implying
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #468
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,664

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Sorry, Captain Courtesy was who I was implying
    It's all good brother. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #469
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's because you wouldn't know accuracy if it came up and bit you on your ass.
    Actually, I would know accuracy....and clearly have been pointing out your lack of it with your incorrect and rather random argument.

    You have no room to speak about the inaccuracies of others after some of the moronic and retard **** you have spewed in this thread.
    I've got more than enough room to speak and will continue doing and with hardly any resistance whatsoever. So lame and inaccurate are the arguments opposing me on this particular thread, I've won by default. Captain C was wrong, there was no fight. I won this debate by forfeit, the other side simply never showed up with anything reasonable or logical. All I've heard is "you're wrong" or "you're not right" or "no, this can't be."

    Sorry, this can be and is what it is.

    It's only fair to let you know that at this point, the only reason I respond to you at all is for the comedy factor of what you might post next.
    I couldn't care less why you respond. Being right is more important to me and I clearly am here.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  10. #470
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    It's all good brother. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. Captain.

    Is that a concert you have a picture of here?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •