Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #451
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I see you calling it nonsense, you haven't addressed my argument.



    Your colossal misunderstanding once again exposed, you're now making analogies of child conception to being left handed. You're in fact so wrong here, you're blinded by your own error. It's that huge.



    Oh...yes they are. Any behavior whether sexual, predatory, unethical, normal, abnormal, or circus like pales in comparison to the behavior engaged upon when the child was conceived. No person or persons you'll ever be with will ever be as critical, as important, as real. You are now the parent of a child. Either a mother or a child. That is your primary responsibility now, that human being is now YOUR child. Conceived in the ultimate heterosexual behavior, there is NOTHING....I repeat so you can understand your colossal error, Captain.....NOTHING remotely close to homosexual can reproduce, it cannot procreate, it is selfish pleasure, it is behavior, is isn't human sexuality. If you cannot see this clearly, I cannot help you to understand. It's right there in front of your mirror each morning, your denial of the truth and reality quite obvious.



    Every member arguing here. Every single person you know. Every single person you've EVER known....was produced from heterosexual behavior.....sorry, it's a fact. If you know someone who was born of artificial insemination, then it's artificial...the human body is clearly designed for heterosexual behavior, the human orgasm...including the woman's...primary purpose is procreation...not your behavioral pleasures. And when I say "you" here Captain, I am not speaking AT you. I am making a manking argument, I would hope that clear. I'm enjoying the banter-filled debate, not trying to start a fight.



    Your actual beliefs here are the problem, Captain. You're so wrong...you are compounding colossal error after misunderstanding after having no idea. Let's agree to disagree.

    And...the smoke over that horizon there is the remains of your argument after having being shot down in flames like a world war one Spad. I pray you can be more successful with someone else less educated on this matter. I have yet to hear a coherent argument from you, let's move on, shall we?
    Very well said.

    CC and others can try and pretend that if you define homosexuality into subsects long enough it will somehow lend crediance to the argument that it is a behavior that cannot be helped.

    I like you really enjoy the left/right hand argument since one can learn to use the left or right hand.

    What it boils down to is this. People who want gay marriage, not civil unions but gay marriage have to be able to provide an argument that shows some kind of equal footing with the practice of heterosuxality going back thousands of years and by its very nature is essential to the procreation of the species. They cannot do that but it is an alternative lifestyle. That is why it continues to fail when called on for a vote. The majority of people in this country understand that. Civil unions is a very sound compromise but for the zealots, it simply isn't enough until they are on equal footing with traditional marriage but since they cannot explain or prove that the genetic nature of this lifestyle is equal to heterosexual marriage, their goal changes from proving their case to declaring victory with repeated "you don't understand" despite not explaining their conclusions with factual backing.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #452
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Helping them lose the argument isn't helping them.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Ok that's why I'm asking, what do we do then? (seriously)
    Oh sorry. With all the sarcasm and idiocy flying around this thread, I did us both a disservice and just assumed your post was the same. I won't do that again.

    I think we should give more credit to the nuance that the professional jargon relates than to what the depthless vernacular we would normally use.

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    And a much better item to envy other than marriage.
    Then all that tells me is that you don't value marriage like you claim to value it.

  5. #455
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    [quote=jallman;1058429948]Oh sorry. With all the sarcasm and idiocy flying around this thread, I did us both a disservice and just assumed your post was the same. I won't do that again.[quote]

    No I was being serious, I didn't know what you were talking about so I just guessed.

    Sorry for living.


    I think we should give more credit to the nuance that the professional jargon relates than to what the depthless vernacular we would normally use.
    What does it relate? I swear I'm not being sarcastic, I am just trying to understand you.

  6. #456
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Then all that tells me is that you don't value marriage like you claim to value it.
    See, here's the beauty of keeping marriage defined by society. You have values, I have values. You put certain value on marriage, I put a certain value on marriage, I put a high value on marriage, you pretend to know what that is.....and then we ALL together now....hold a referendum or legislative endeavor that defines marriage specifically and on we go. It doesn't matter at all what this tells you about my value on marriage, the federal government and my state have both put values on it and I'm cool with that.

    You seem to think it makes you a "second class citizen."
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    No I was being serious, I didn't know what you were talking about so I just guessed.
    I understand that now. I was the one at fault for assuming you were behaving like a couple of others in this thread and reacting that way to you. Please accept my apologies for being short.

    What does it relate? I swear I'm not being sarcastic, I am just trying to understand you.
    I think the technical and professional jargon relates more specific technicalities and nuances than our common vernacular. That's why we have specific dictionaries like medical dictionaries and engineer's dictionaries.

    I'm just saying that lifting a definition from Miriam Webster is going to give you the general usage of that word and is likely to skip more technical meanings to specific professions.

  8. #458
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The majority of people in this country understand that. Civil unions is a very sound compromise but for the zealots, it simply isn't enough until they are on equal footing with traditional marriage but since they cannot explain or prove that the genetic nature of this lifestyle is equal to heterosexual marriage, their goal changes from proving their case to declaring victory with repeated "you don't understand" despite not explaining their conclusions with factual backing.
    They've no factual backing I concur and why it's downright hillarious when I'm asked to provide the same. Even when I have.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #459
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    I have no facts, experience or links to offer, however, I can see no logic in "choosing" to be gay and live a life of persecution and oppression. So I am of the opinion that gay people are gay people because that's just the way the good lord made 'em.

    Just my opinion.

    Also, I do know a handful of gay people and I think the world of them. They are very nice folks. As long as they are cool with me I don't care who they choose to boink behind closed doors. Other than their sexual preference, I don't see them to be much different from anybody else, for the most part.

    Nobody's gonna tell me what to do behind closed doors so I ain't gonna tell anybody else what they can do either.
    Last edited by Captain America; 12-18-09 at 02:13 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #460
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    See, here's the beauty of keeping marriage defined by society. You have values, I have values. You put certain value on marriage, I put a certain value on marriage, I put a high value on marriage, you pretend to know what that is.....and then we ALL together now....hold a referendum or legislative endeavor that defines marriage specifically and on we go. It doesn't matter at all what this tells you about my value on marriage, the federal government and my state have both put values on it and I'm cool with that.

    You seem to think it makes you a "second class citizen."
    No. You are attempting to use the referendum vote to override the supreme law which is the Constitution. Constitutionally, one group cannot define away equal access to government approved institution. Especially not on the grounds of mere moral disapproval.

    I don't really care what marriage means to you. I don't care if you wipe your ass with your marriage license. Your marriage means absolutely nothing to me.

    What I take exception to is the idea that you put forth that you may define into existence a new right in the Constitution solely as a means of denying me the right you seek to define. Your attempt at defining marriage by referendum is nothing more than a cheap, plastic, transparent ploy to, for the first time in US history, create an amendment that creates a right while simultaneously using language to unequivocally deny that right to others who were the ones seeking it in the first place.

    It's a sad testament to the fall of conservatism when conservatives are seeking to institute an amendment that has the sole purpose of nannying society into being complicit in a purely moral agenda that seeks to limit personal freedoms and individual liberties. That conservatives take so little personal responsibility for their relationships that they could seek to blame the fall of society on their marriages being destroyed if two homos down the street have the mutual transferrence rights that come along with a certificate.
    Last edited by jallman; 12-18-09 at 02:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •