Page 45 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #441
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Shall we count how many times this has been explained to him? His refusal to acknowledge it is, to me, deliberate, since it destroys his argument.
    I don't understand your explanation of the difference between orientation and act.


    From Merriam-Webster, I hope that's not too gay for you CC:

    Orientation

    1 a : the act or process of orienting or of being oriented b : the state of being oriented; broadly : arrangement, alignment

    2 a : a usually general or lasting direction of thought, inclination, or interest b : a person's self-identification as heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual <sexual orientation>


  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I don't understand your explanation of the difference between orientation and act.


    From Merriam-Webster, I hope that's not too gay for you CC:
    I rarely find that the standard dictionary definition is applicable when discussing profession or industry specific jargon and academic terminology.

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I don't understand your explanation of the difference between orientation and act.


    From Merriam-Webster, I hope that's not too gay for you CC:
    A heterosexual male, while oriented hetero, may partake in homosexuality. Doesn't make him "homosexual" only that he partook in a Homosexual act.


    RIDICULOUS ANALOGY TIME! (Only because I cbf to draw a VENN DIAGRAM):

    Let's say your orientation is to hate Jews (A common Neo-Nazi act). Does that make you a Neo-Nazi? No, it makes you an anti-Semite. Not all Anti-Semites are Neo-Nazis.

    So, let's then say you like a guy to jiggle your junk, does that make a heterosexual you into a homosexual? No. (Balls aren't touching, etc.)

    On the political scale, If everyone was defined by their actions and not by their orientation, there'd be very few true liberals and conservatives and we'd all be labeled as Centrists.

    Crappy analogy, over.

    Cap I'm sorry if I confused things further, is how I roll.

  4. #444
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Now apply that to heterosexuality. It's a two way street.
    Sorry it doesn't because heterosexual sex is the key to the procreation of the species so of course its natural.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Sorry it doesn't because heterosexual sex is the key to the procreation of the species so of course its natural.
    Oh God, please don't get them started on the Natural vs Unnatural stuff...

  6. #446
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    A heterosexual male, while oriented hetero, may partake in homosexuality. Doesn't make him "homosexual" only that he partook in a Homosexual act.
    Ok, I completely agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I rarely find that the standard dictionary definition is applicable when discussing profession or industry specific jargon and academic terminology.
    Then we should all go based on opinion?

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Sorry it doesn't because heterosexual sex is the key to the procreation of the species so of course its natural.
    Except when barren people have sex, sex with condoms, or *shudder* elderly sex.

    Your argument falls flat in the face of reality.

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Then we should all go based on opinion?
    That's not even close to what I stated.

  9. #449
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I know, right?

    Sometimes I envy those who live in total oblivion.
    And a much better item to envy other than marriage.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  10. #450
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's not even close to what I stated.
    Ok that's why I'm asking, what do we do then? (seriously)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •