Page 37 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #361
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Which is a bald faced lie but go ahead. Go ahead and deny it and I'll quote your article to you...again.
    And you miss the point, just as you missed understanding the piont made with the article. What article, what proof have you offered to support your position? None at all.



    May possibly, theoricial? Of course not.

    And Tom Cruise may not be gay.

    The idiocy of that statement alone you made shows how weak your argument is.
    Theory is a key word, and is not a weak word as most people think. There is no evidence which proves, or even strongly suggests that there is not a genetic link. The theory of a genetic link accounts for the evidence we have. You as usual sound like an evolution denier..."it's only a theory", with no clue as to how strong that is.

    Exacept for all the failed studies that tried to prove it
    And many successful studies which show evidence that it is likely. In point of fact, "failed study" is a misnomer, as the point of study is to gain knowledge, which they have done. The only proof is finding the actual genes involved, which has not been done. What we do know: statistically, genes inherited from the mother explain our observations on the maternal link to homosexuality, genes can and do affect behavior(see the nurture gene for one example), genes can and do effect sexuality(see drosophilia(sp?) study), homosexuals are physically different. These are all observations which have to be considered, and point to a strong likelyhood that there is a nature component to orientation.


    You are hopless you truly are. You have no proof and your only argument is there "may" be a link.
    It's hopeless now to admit that knowledge is incomplete? saying it is not proven does not mean it is unlikely, nor that there is no evidence.

    I got news for you. "maybe, possibly" isn't an argument.
    "maybe, possibly" with no look at potential is weak, but when the preponderance of evidence shows something is likely, that is a bit different. There is not alot of proof for anything in the universe, that does not mean we don't have a pretty good idea about those things.



    Is an unsupported theory which is no argument for changing existing laws or establishing new ones based on "maybe, possibly"
    Please show where I have suggested changing laws based on whether or not orientation is genetic.


    Which is a gross distortion of my argument since we are talking sexual orientation not survival.
    You did not say this?

    Of course. How could I possibly think nature would make the opposite sexes attracted to each other. LOL

    So, for all the species of the world that populate with one male one female reproduction, please explain how we are not genetically inclined to be attracted to the opposite sex.

    This is the dumbest argument you have made yet. You want to cast aside millions of years of evolution and procreation based on nothing but your own self satisfying theory.
    To use the evolution argument you have to understand evolution, which apparently you do not. For a gene to be chosen over another, it has to have a greater chance to be passed on than another gene. There are any number of genes however that are neutral(hair/eye color are the classic examples) that simply are never weeded out. Homosexuality may be such a gene(gene set actually, or phenotype).
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #362
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    And what act you've ever performed or received equals the conception of your Son? What is the most important thing in your life, what will define you and carry your name throughout your life and his?



    Take a look at your Son, Chief....that's reality....and not one iota of homosexuality went into creating the good lad. You performed the ultimate heterosexual act, your Son's mother did the same. Call yourselves what you'd like, you're not gay. Sorry. You may feel the desire to sleep with men, it will never be the equal of conceiving a child. Ever. I'm terribly sorry, but you're not even close to correct here. In fact, you're dead wrong.

    Furthermore, the absence of homosexuality.....doesn't affect this planet whatsoever. Two men or two women never having whatever version of sex they'd like to call sex, affects nothing. This planet would spin and humankind would prosper....the porn industry may take a hit as many men enjoy seeing two women having sex...other than that....all is well.

    In the absence of heterosexuality...well....we're not even here to discuss it now are we.

    Homosexual sex isn;t even close to being the equal of human sexuality, it's your specific version. It doesn't rate, sorry
    There is nothing here that is anything but your OWN morals and opinion. Maybe it applies to you, but that is meaningless in whether it applies to anyone else.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #363
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is a completely untrue theory. Procreation does NOT define one's sexuality.
    It certainly encompasses our entire sexuality though...doesn't it? Your definition of sexuality happens to be defined by what's happneing before orgasm. Our sexuality.....Captain....includes sperm introduced to an egg. It includes this fertilized egg attaching itself and starting to reproduce cells. It includes child birth, mothers milk glands, the woman's menstrual cycle ending for months and beginning shortly after, human sexuality includes all of this.

    Your definition is resricted to sexual behavior...and thus is wrong. Anyone can behave in any manner they wish, it's irrelevant to 99% of human sexuality that clearly occurs after orgasm. Homosexuals often err in thinking our sexuality is our sexual behavior....it is only a fraction of our human sexuality.

    The example I used before with Jallman I can repeat. If he has a Son, then nothing, no behavior engaged with any other man...stands the equal to what happened after he conceived his child and I mean directly after. His Son's mother became pregnant almost immediately. She carried this boy to term, she probably breast fed the child. These are all natural and human sexuality orientations and stand far above whatever behavior or circus ceiling fan act of insanity he's performing with other men. Sorry, he's not "gay" whether he thinks he is or not.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #364
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    It certainly encompasses our entire sexuality though...doesn't it? Your definition of sexuality happens to be defined by what's happneing before orgasm. Our sexuality.....Captain....includes sperm introduced to an egg. It includes this fertilized egg attaching itself and starting to reproduce cells. It includes child birth, mothers milk glands, the woman's menstrual cycle ending for months and beginning shortly after, human sexuality includes all of this.

    Your definition is resricted to sexual behavior...and thus is wrong. Anyone can behave in any manner they wish, it's irrelevant to 99% of human sexuality that clearly occurs after orgasm. Homosexuals often err in thinking our sexuality is our sexual behavior....it is only a fraction of our human sexuality.
    No. You are talking about human reproduction and the biology that goes into it. Separate issue. Human sexuality is far larger than you are stating.

    The example I used before with Jallman I can repeat. If he has a Son, then nothing, no behavior engaged with any other man...stands the equal to what happened after he conceived his child and I mean directly after. His Son's mother became pregnant almost immediately. She carried this boy to term, she probably breast fed the child. These are all natural and human sexuality orientations and stand far above whatever behavior or circus ceiling fan act of insanity he's performing with other men. Sorry, he's not "gay" whether he thinks he is or not.
    Again, this is nothing more than your morality and opinion. Nothing more. It is irrelevant to anyone other than you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #365
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    It certainly encompasses our entire sexuality though...doesn't it? Your definition of sexuality happens to be defined by what's happneing before orgasm. Our sexuality.....Captain....includes sperm introduced to an egg. It includes this fertilized egg attaching itself and starting to reproduce cells. It includes child birth, mothers milk glands, the woman's menstrual cycle ending for months and beginning shortly after, human sexuality includes all of this.

    Your definition is resricted to sexual behavior...and thus is wrong. Anyone can behave in any manner they wish, it's irrelevant to 99% of human sexuality that clearly occurs after orgasm. Homosexuals often err in thinking our sexuality is our sexual behavior....it is only a fraction of our human sexuality.

    The example I used before with Jallman I can repeat. If he has a Son, then nothing, no behavior engaged with any other man...stands the equal to what happened after he conceived his child and I mean directly after. His Son's mother became pregnant almost immediately. She carried this boy to term, she probably breast fed the child. These are all natural and human sexuality orientations and stand far above whatever behavior or circus ceiling fan act of insanity he's performing with other men. Sorry, he's not "gay" whether he thinks he is or not.
    Well that makes it easy! no-one is gay - unless they are sterile or barren and menopausal perhaps.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You've selected some unfortunate examples to try to prove your point. The somatosensory cortex is most certainly not "hardwired." It is considered a very plastic region of the brain and will indeed "rewire itself" based on behavior.
    And you completely missed my point.

    I was trying to point out that behavior that we think is 'devious' is not so much so once you understand the medical science behind it.

    Get it.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Well that makes it easy! no-one is gay - unless they are sterile or barren and menopausal perhaps.
    That's pretty much what his argument amounts to. It's sort of a more emotional variation on the "marriage is for raising children" fallacious argument.

  8. #368
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's pretty much what his argument amounts to. It's sort of a more emotional variation on the "marriage is for raising children" fallacious argument.
    It was so poorly constructed and so filled with nothing but morality and opinion, at first I didn't even know how to respond.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #369
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Well that makes it easy! no-one is gay - unless they are sterile or barren and menopausal perhaps.
    No one who has conceived a child is gay.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  10. #370
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    And you completely missed my point.

    I was trying to point out that behavior that we think is 'devious' is not so much so once you understand the medical science behind it.

    Get it.
    If part of your goal is to "understand the medical science" then you should be thanking me for clearing up some of your more blatant misconceptions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •