Page 31 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #301
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Really. Prove it.

    List the studies you are claiming support this theory of yours.

    If your goal is to equate the sexual desire of homosexuals with the millions of years of heterosexual procreation and attraction, not to mention the compatibility of sexual organs for procreation between males and females, then you will need more than your pompous attitude and holier than thou rhetoric to convince others.
    You assume here that homosexuality is a recent development. It's not. It goes back to at least thousands of years.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #302
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    You all crack me up with your ridiculous assertions. It's really pathetic.
    Why would you call this ridiculous? Over and over when put to a vote gay marriage is denied.. I didn't vote in those. Calf DID vote it down... and homosexuality is by definition deviant so I'm confused about what EXACTLY is ridiculous about my comment.

  3. #303
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You assume here that homosexuality is a recent development. It's not. It goes back to at least thousands of years.
    So does cross dressing but I wouldn't claim that was genetic either
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Here's where I ask you to back up your stupid assertions and you make the next asinine remark... rinse/repeat

    /bored
    You're not doing it right. You do it like this:



    But of course, you talking about someone else backing up stupid assertions and asinine remarks just makes me you after all the gems you've given us.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Do you mean the state that elected Ronald Reagan as Governor?
    That'd be two actors they elected as Gubernator. How many more?

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    Why would you call this ridiculous? Over and over when put to a vote gay marriage is denied.. I didn't vote in those. Calf DID vote it down... and homosexuality is by definition deviant so I'm confused about what EXACTLY is ridiculous about my comment.
    Homosexuality by current LAW (Which can be changed) is deviant.

    Homosexuality by YOUR (Which is an opinion) definition is deviant.

    Homosexuality in actuality is...well...it just is. It's no more deviant than being left handed or liking asparagus.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    The facts are homosexuality has never ever been proven to be an inherited or genetic trait.
    Strawman. That's not what I said.

    It's not inherited. Hard-wired personality traits are a function of brain development, prenatal issues, genetics. Sexual orientation is not a choice. Left-handed is not a choice. Low-impulse control, left-brained personalities, right-brained personalities, creativity, gifted, etc. are not a choice.

    Foot fetish. Are your familiar with the term? A person who reaches orgasm but having his foot fondled. Seem like 'deviant' behavior? Not if you understand that the genitalia nerves are right next to the foot nerves in the brain, and, to the extent those nerve bunldes may overlap in a person's brain...

    Are you starting to understand? You can't control the way your brain is wired. A homosexual can not be rewired for opposite sex attraction. That's the way God made them. And God doesn't make mistakes. So who are we to make their lives miserable just because we don't understand them. Just because they're different.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Strawman. That's not what I said.

    It's not inherited. Hard-wired personality traits are a function of brain development, prenatal issues, genetics. Sexual orientation is not a choice. Left-handed is not a choice. Low-impulse control, left-brained personalities, right-brained personalities, creativity, gifted, etc. are not a choice.

    Foot fetish. Are your familiar with the term? A person who reaches orgasm but having his foot fondled. Seem like 'deviant' behavior? Not if you understand that the genitalia nerves are right next to the foot nerves in the brain, and, to the extent those nerve bunldes may overlap in a person's brain...

    Are you starting to understand? You can't control the way your brian is wired. A homosexual can not be rewired for opposite sex attraction. That's the way God made them. And God doesn't make mistakes. So who are we to make their lives miserable just because we don't understand them. Just because they're different.
    Homosexuality CAN BE a choice.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Homosexuality CAN BE a choice.
    Are you talking about two sorority girls in a dorm room?

    If a person who is born heterosexual decides to experiment, is that what you mean by "can be a choice"?

    Homosexuality - Heterosexuality is a sliding scale, not an either/or. Everyone has a percentage of both in their personality. Experimentation at different ages is normal and common. Especially by people who deny it.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Homosexuality CAN BE a choice.
    I suppose it could be a choice. But then wouldn't that just be bisexuality?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •