Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #211
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    FFS Tex, stop it. You're really being ridiculous on this one, and I don't know why...

    You cannot compare marriage to murder.
    I'm not comparing them. I'm pointing out the ridiculousness of pretending a catch all phrase covers your specific argument.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #212
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Some areas of the nation will never see gay marriage. Others will. America is not a one size fits all country. The states can decide if they want it or not. As for the Federal government, it's none of their damn business.

    Doesn't the Federal part come in when a marriage has to be recognized by another state?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #213
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    When logic fails, bring up 12 year olds getting marriage, polygamy and murder. Bestiality comes next, wait for it. Appeals to emotion are so weak, and so predictable.
    And when evidence of your claim of genetics fails, run for the hills or don't read your own studies that refute your argument.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #214
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And when evidence of your claim of genetics fails, run for the hills or don't read your own studies that refute your argument.
    You never understood my argument. You also never supported yours.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #215
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm not comparing them. I'm pointing out the ridiculousness of pretending a catch all phrase covers your specific argument.
    It did cover it in relation to the phrase right before it. When taken as a whole, it clearly covers marriage. Murder is not covered, because it does not fit the whole thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #216
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You never understood my argument. You also never supported yours.
    Yes I did. I even quoted your study.

    And my argument was based on your inability to prove your original claim of genetics.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #217
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It did cover it in relation to the phrase right before it. When taken as a whole, it clearly covers marriage. Murder is not covered, because it does not fit the whole thing.
    No it does not.

    It never says marriage, unions or anything of the sort. You are not reading. You are spinning the law and claiming it covers something that was never mentioned.

    That is why you run for the hills when I demand you quote the specific part that claims that.

    All you do is run back to a general phrase then dishonestly claim it covers your specific argument. Using your logic, I could make any claim and point back to that phrase then claim it covers my specific point.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  8. #218
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes I did. I even quoted your study.

    And my argument was based on your inability to prove your original claim of genetics.
    No, you specifically claimed that the cause was not genetic, in explicit terms. I however, never claimed it was genetic, only that we do not know for sure and there is evidence that it might be.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #219
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, you specifically claimed that the cause was not genetic, in explicit terms. I however, never claimed it was genetic, only that we do not know for sure and there is evidence that it might be.
    Because you didn't read the entire thread. I was demanding evidence from people who made the genetic claim on page 1.

    As I have already told you. You simply did not read who began that argument.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #220
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No it does not.

    It never says marriage, unions or anything of the sort. You are not reading. You are spinning the law and claiming it covers something that was never mentioned.

    That is why you run for the hills when I demand you quote the specific part that claims that.

    All you do is run back to a general phrase then dishonestly claim it covers your specific argument. Using your logic, I could make any claim and point back to that phrase then claim it covers my specific point.
    So marriage is not "an aspect of life"? If it is, then it is covered, if it is not, I am curious to hear you explain how it isn't.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •