Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You know what they say... put up or shut up.
    I don't throw pearls to pigs.

  2. #182
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Please bold the word "marriage" any where after that.

    My God Redress they even give examples after that statement and none of them are marriage.

    Its amazing you think you can infer something without any evidence to support the theory.
    You are being intentionally dense now. Let me snip out the relevant passage, without all those other words for it to hide it: "in all aspects of life, including, but not limited to". Now, they are not limiting themselves to the examples(so much for that stupid argument), and marriage certainly is an "aspect of life", so your argument falls apart. Now, where any of those words too big for you, or is this concept too complicated?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #183
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Will of the people in regards to referendums. laughable.

    It in not majority will with regards to the populace, it is will of the outspoken minority. The whole push for this (among other "hot=button" issues) to go before a vote to get shot down is a matter of "we know our staunchly opposed minority" will flood the polls while the other side, being more blase in their support, but still being numerically superior as a whole will not have as strong a showing.

    this is not will of the people. it is the will of the highly opinionated.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #184
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Hot, isn't it?
    Sizzlin. And allows me a smile as this perspective of Christmas...this "hot" picture" is telling me I have no grasp on reality.

    Uhhhh.....yeah. Moving on.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  5. #185
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't throw pearls to pigs.
    What did you pay for the Santa oufit first and then we'll decide if pearls were thrown.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #186
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are being intentionally dense now. Let me snip out the relevant passage, without all those other words for it to hide it: "in all aspects of life, including, but not limited to". Now, they are not limiting themselves to the examples(so much for that stupid argument), and marriage certainly is an "aspect of life", so your argument falls apart. Now, where any of those words too big for you, or is this concept too complicated?
    How much slower can I type for you?

    They give examples of "all aspects of life" and then say including then list the inclusions and guess what, marriage isn't one of them.

    You are being intentionally dishonest when you claim marriage is covered when it isn't mentioned once even in the examples.
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-16-09 at 04:35 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    How much slower can I type for you?

    They give examples of "all aspects of life" and then say including then list the inclusions and guess what, marriage isn't one of them.

    You are being intentionally dishonest when you claim marriage is covered when it isn't even mentioned once even in the examples.
    Tex, Redress has a point: "but not limited to" is the magic elastic phrase that can be extended to mean marriage. Also, they talk about "amusement" which I suppose marriage can be pretty amusing at times...

    also: Inclusions, yes, exclusions, no. So once again, leaves wiggle room.

  8. #188
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Tex, Redress has a point: "but not limited to" is the magic elastic phrase that can be extended to mean marriage. Also, they talk about "amusement" which I suppose marriage can be pretty amusing at times...
    She doesn't because they list the examples "but not limited to"

    Using her loose definition, I could claim murder was a human right because they included that phrase "but not limited to". Its a ridiculous claim.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #189
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    How much slower can I type for you?

    They give examples of "all aspects of life" and then say including then list the inclusions and guess what, marriage isn't one of them.

    You are being intentionally dishonest when you claim marriage is covered when it isn't mentioned once even in the examples.
    The examples are not inclusive. They are examples, and the language specifically states that it is not limited to those examples. "All aspects of life" is pretty clear.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #190
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    She doesn't because they list the examples "but not limited to"

    Using her loose definition, I could claim murder was a human right because they included that phrase "but not limited to". Its a ridiculous claim.
    No, you cannot claim that. Murder is not an "aspect of life".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •