Page 17 of 149 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1483

Thread: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

  1. #161
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    That's a false analogy. Sexual orientation is not a "behavior". It's a hard-wired personality trait. Homosexuals have no choice in the matter.

    skin color / sexual orientation are analogous. A person does not have a 'choice' in the matter.

    Blacks in CA opposed Prop 8 because of a last-minute push by their religious leaders. The Sunday before that election, many large congregations got an earful of Biblical misinterpretations. Hispanics in Catholics churches got the same thing.

    Since that election many have realized they made a mistake. If Prop 8 were to be voted on again next November, it would not pass.
    That is not only false it is completely unsupported by any factual data whatsoever.

    Explain bi-sexuals

    Explain people who come out of the closet 40 or 50 years later

    Explain people who go back to being straight after some religous retreat.

    The facts are homosexuality has never ever been proven to be an inherited or genetic trait.

    The fruit fly study has already been proven false and not even the same species and the twin study couldn't even conclude that even in twins when one decides they are gay in even 50% of the cases the other twin who shares the EXACT same genetic structure decides they are gay. Furthermore, the number went down even further when the twins didn't grow up together.

    Its time to face reality. Your claims have absolutely no factual backing at all while people who come out decades later, change their sexual orientation back to straight give far more evidence that it is a psychological choice to become homosexual.

    Heterosexuality is genetically inherited because only heterosexual sex allows any species to procreate.
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-16-09 at 02:13 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nonsense. You mean to tell me that you think that the court system should ultimately decide what the law of the land is, even if it runs contrary to the will of the people? Isn't there a middle ground?
    The law of the land has already been decided. It's called the Constitution.

    I just expect the courts to rule on the proper interpretation of that. If that does not succeed, then a ballot measure would suffice to get it changed in our favor.

    And no, there is no middle ground anymore. That time is past. Now is the time to make key strikes that will cost us little but cost the opposition millions in legal fees, etc. Tire them out and exhaust their resources and will to keep fighting it.



    I don't believe I said either way, in fact the closest you can find in this thread would I think lead one to believe I was in favor of gay rights.

    That was an editorial "you". I probably should have made that a little more clear. As for the personal "you", no, I have never seen you post anything that I would take great exception to. In fact, you seem to be about where I was a year ago.


    I agree, however, does that give you, or the gay community to legislate through fiat?
    We didn't create the system. But if it's going to be used against us, we have every right to use the system to fight back, also.



    Not that I disagree completely, but what do you think is the catalyst to this breakdown?


    j-mac
    Honestly, I think it's complex enough to deserve it's own thread. But cliff notes version is this: division politics that use religion and liberty as opposing forces, consumerism, and degradation of personal adherence to tradition.

  3. #163
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Its time to face reality. Your claims have absolutely no factual backing at all while people who come out decades later, change their sexual orientation back to straight give far more evidence that it is a psychological choice to become homosexual.

    OMG



    I realize now that I will be unable to take you seriously anymore.

  4. #164
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Nothing in that human rights law addresses marriage in any shape or form.
    This has been addressed already. To quote the law:

    Every individual shall have an equal opportunity to participate fully in the economic, cultural and intellectual life of the District and to have an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of life, including, but not limited to, in employment, in places of public accommodation, resort or amusement, in educational institutions, in public service, and in housing and commercial space accommodations.
    Bolded the important part for you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #165
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    We are dealing with it. Every time ignorant jackasses try to enforce their morality over our rights,
    Ignorant jackasses.....????? Where? Are you speaking to the process here, the fact that most people are voting no when asked if ssm should be legal in their state? What of the non-activist? The voter strolling to the polls as in California in 2008. Overwhelmingly, he or she votes for Obama. But in even greater reverse order, reject same sex marriage? Is that ignorance?

    I mean, it an easy question, most everyone has been involved with marriage at some point in their life or friends or family are married, we all get the issue. Should members of the same gender be the equal to the one man one woman committment our society defines as marriage. There aren't lies and deceit, no one is ignorant, no one is being a jackass, this issue isn't clise in referendum in deep blue states and getting soundly defeated in moderate states like Maine and Hawaii, scorched to shreds in red states.

    No one is being an ignorant jackass, using emotion to argue your points isn't getting anywhere, it's not helping convince anyone.

    they will find another fight elsewhere. And we will work through the courts, through community action, through law suit after law suit, through ballot measures...everything.
    Who are "they"? No doubt, you are speaking to the actual 'jackass ignorants' here, the actual individuals doing the actual shoving of morals down other's throats...yes?

    And eventually, ignorant jackholes will lose the will to fight and their money will dry up because the fanaticism behind this drive to deny equality will burn out and fade.
    You are correct, I believe the same sex marriage movement has seen its high tide. 4 of 46 states, there may be a few more, however I think the activism on the Left's part has emboldened many states to change their constitutions, I think the public turns against it. The country's demographics are changing rapidly and the rising numbers of minority and first generation Americans oppose it. The election results and referendum data we've looked at repeatedly show this.

    But the human tendancy toward freedom and liberty does not fade.
    Hopefully, you're correct and society will retain the ability to define its own institutions. We the People really do need to be the final say here, I agree.

    We have momentum on our side. And they have...well...nothing really except an empty ache to make others subjugates of a failing morality.
    Youve got a Doma...and the just recent defeats in NY, Maine, and California. You've got over 30 states with amendments not recognizing other state's marriages specifically defining theirs as one man one woman. You've got many other states endeavoring into domestic partnerships.

    Four states have approved, I'm not aware of exactly how those states became to accept same sex marriage, hopefully the process was via legislative manner. I simply do not think as far as defining marriage is concerned, that the courts or the executive branch get a say. This is a legislative domain.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 12-16-09 at 02:26 PM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Ignorant jackasses.....????? Where? Are you speaking to the process here, the fact that most people are voting no when asked if ssm should be legal in their state? What of the non-activist? The voter strolling to the polls as in California in 2008. Overwhelmingly, he or she votes for Obama. But in even greater reverse order, reject same sex marriage? Is that ignorance?

    I mean, it an easy question, most everyone has been involved with marriage at some point in their life or friends or family are married, we all get the issue. Should members of the same gender be the equal to the one man one woman committment our society defines as marriage. There aren't lies and deceit, no one is ignorant, no one is being a jackass, this issue isn't clise in referendum in deep blue states and getting soundly defeated in moderate states like Maine and Hawaii, scorched to shreds in red states.

    No one is being an ignorant jackass, using emotion to argue your points isn't getting anywhere, it's not helping convince anyone.



    Who are "they"? No doubt, you are speaking to the actual 'jackass ignorants' here, the actual individuals doing the actual shoving of morals down other's throats...yes?



    You are correct, I believe the same sex marriage movement has seen its high tide. 4 of 46 states, there may be a few more, however I think the activism on the Left's part has emboldened many states to change their constitutions, I think the public turns against it. The country's demographics are changing rapidly and the rising numbers of minority and first generation Americans oppose it. The election results and referendum data we've looked at repeatedly show this.



    Hopefully, you're correct and society will retain the ability to define its own institutions. We the People really do need to be the final say here, I agree.



    We've got a Doma...and the just recent defeats in NY, Maine, and California. We've got over 30 states with amendments not recognizing other state's marriages. We've got many other states endeaviring into domestic partnerships.

    Four states have approved, I'm not aware of exactly how those states became to accept same sex marriage, hopefully the process was via legislative manner. I simply do not think as far as defining marriage is concerned, that the courts or the executive branch get a say. This is a legislative domain.
    Your grasp on reality, where this issue is concerned, is slipping. It is a back and forth struggle. It is far from over.

    You may enjoy your little "neener, neener" moment today. But I hope you choke on the crow you find yourself eating tomorrow.

    I am not worried, in the least, that marriage will be denied to homosexuals for long. In fact, I give the issue 5 to 10 years and it will be decided in favor of homosexuals.

  7. #167
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Your grasp on reality, where this issue is concerned, is slipping. It is a back and forth struggle. It is far from over.
    I cannot see where a sound defeat in California of all places, defeats in Maine and NY....challenges my grasp on reality. Same sex marriage is 0-31 in referendum....who here is thinking denial is a river in Egypt?

    You may enjoy your little "neener, neener" moment today. But I hope you choke on the crow you find yourself eating tomorrow.
    I hope I don't.

    I am not worried, in the least, that marriage will be denied to homosexuals for long. In fact, I give the issue 5 to 10 years and it will be decided in favor of homosexuals.
    5 to 10 years ago we were being told that in 5 or 10 years it will be decided in favor of homosexuals. This hasn't become reality. It has gone back and forth, I cannot argue that. 4 states have chose to accept, that means by Obama's count, 53 states oppose.

    Perhaps this DC decision though not final will convince others you're right, I'm just not there.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 12-16-09 at 02:42 PM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  8. #168
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    And...can I just ask about the Santa pic? I mean, I don't want to get stomped by the mods, but, what in the world?
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  9. #169
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    OMG



    I realize now that I will be unable to take you seriously anymore.
    Yes. The old "I don't have to support anything I say" argument.

    Nice one.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #170
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: DC City Council votes to legalize gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This has been addressed already. To quote the law:



    Bolded the important part for you.
    Please bold the word "marriage" any where after that.

    My God Redress they even give examples after that statement and none of them are marriage.

    Its amazing you think you can infer something without any evidence to support the theory.
    Last edited by texmaster; 12-16-09 at 02:48 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •